Minor Achilles Tendonitis Help

Discussion in 'Player' started by Enxienty, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Enxienty

Enxienty Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Hey guys, was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this injury.

Just a couple of notes on the severity of it...

1. I can play a full game on it with minimal pain, sprints , jumps, etc are fine.
    2. It feels stiff and sore at times, especially in the mornings + after training sessions and such

I just want to know how i should be handling this acute injury before it gets serious. I know about icing it and giving it a bit of rest as I am doing that, its just i have been told that you cant rest it for too long as it will become stiff and blood flow wouldnt be as sufficient to the area.

Anyone have personal experiences with this? Thanks!

2. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes, i have had this problem. The following I found helpful:

a) heel drops. stand on step with toes. then lower heel below step. do this about 15x couple of times per day. lowering the heel eccentrically loads the achilles which is the important part of the exercise. don't do as calf raises where you raise heel while supported on toes.
    b) I went to a boot with a well supported heel counter. If your heel is rocking side to side, it will aggravate the achilles.
    c) put inserts in my boots to help stabilize my foot.

Good luck!

3. Enxienty

Enxienty Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Yeah i wore the vapor 9 ags for awhile and my foot is really wide so i dont think that helped much at all for my foot and ankles, switched back to my maestri 3's which fit my foot fine but there is like no ankle support on the maestris, what boots did you switch too?

4. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Predator TRX

5. Enxienty

Enxienty Member

Jul 29, 2008
    My left achilles healed up and i started playing perfectly. So today during practice i noticed as it went on some pain on my RIGHT achilles, after practice when i tried getting out of the car i could barely walk. The pain wasat least 4-5x worse then it ever was on the left. Anyone know what the hell i could have possibly done? Theres no swelling, bruising, just painful when i walk. Also the pain isnt in one area, its more like the whole entire tendon even a bit under the calf is extremely sore