Minnesota United v. Houston Dynamo, Saturday, April 13

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Apr 7, 2024.

?

Result?

Poll closed Apr 12, 2024.
  1. Dynamo win

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Dynamo tie

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Dynamo lose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The eclipse reverses the polarity of the Earth and Up becomes Down.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Who: Minnesota United v. Houston Dynamo
    When: Saturday, April 13 @ 7:30 pm CDT
    Where: Allianz Field; St. Paul, MN
    Records: Minnesota United (3-1-2), 4th, MLS West
    Houston Dynamo (3-2-1), 6th, MLS West
    TV: Apple TV
    Radio: Local Stream via Apple(English)/93.3 (Spanish)

This is the 7th regular season game of 2024 for Houston and for Minnesota. You need a subscription to MLS Season Pass to watch this game.

The Dynamo lost both games against Minnesota United in 2023: 1-0 up in St. Paul in May and 0-3 here in Houston in July. The Dynamo have never won at Minnesota United in 8 tries.

Minnesota is 2-1-2 in their last 5 league games, scoring 7 goals and allowing 6. Their most recent game was a home draw, 1-1, against RSL on April 6. The Loons went 4-4-9 in home regular season league games last year and are 1-0-2 so far this year. Minnesota next travels to Charlotte on April 21.

The Dynamo are 3-2-0 in the last 5 league games scoring 6 goals and allowing 5. Houston is 1-1-0 in away league games so far this year after going 3-9-5 in MLS regular season away games in 2023.

The Dynamo next return home to host Austin on April 20 and then travel to Dallas on April 27 before a home game against St. Louis on May 4.

2. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Dynamo @ Minnesota United, all-time:

07/19/17 MIN 0-0 HOU
    04/28/18 MIN 2-1 HOU
    05/25/19 MIN 1-0 HOU
    10/18/20 MIN 2-2 HOU
    08/07/21 MIN 2-0 HOU
    09/25/21 MIN 2-0 HOU
    08/27/22 MIN 2-1 HOU
    05/17/23 MIN 1-0 HOU

That's 0-6-2 with 4 goals scored and 12 allowed.

3. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GO GET 'EM BOYS!!!

Our old playoff slogan is now a road game slogan for our players, DREAM-SCREAM-BELIEVE!!!

4. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who is out this week?

5. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unknown amigo.

6. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Man, Bartlow bailed out consecutive boneheaded passes by Micael and Artur.

7. quiznatodd_bidness

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Apr 14, 2020
    It’s amazing to compare this team with the 2021 team. Both have played significant time with 0 DPs on the field (Tab not playing DQ) yet this years team looks worlds better.

7seven7, ElNaranja, *rey* and 3 others repped this.
  8. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bartlow has had a really good season. His passing has been consistently good. Like, really good. And his defense is more consistently good to my eye.

Having said all that ... we look far worse to start the 2 half. Boys need to get back on top.

9. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What Olsen seems to be getting out of this squad down a few DPs and others is really impressive

7seven7, *rey* and CeltTexan repped this.
  10. Ethos

Ethos Member+

Houston Dynamo
    Apr 28, 2019
    Houston
    Steve Clark!!!!!!!

*rey* repped this.
  11. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy cow.
    1. What a goal by our Hungarian :p Kowalczck! Depending on other games that could be a goal of the week candidate.
    2. Great first half.
    3. MiniU swamped us in the second half. Kowalczk's goal comes out of nowhere. Great decision by Bassi to get him the ball there.
    4. It feels like those are stolen points once again. At least three times we dig balls off the line. Just crazy.

Stolen points are the best points.

12. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    2nd place on 13 points through 7 with what feels like half the team injured. Not too shabby.

Ethos repped this.
  13. Ethos

Ethos Member+

Houston Dynamo
    Apr 28, 2019
    Houston
    2nd place and HH hasn't even touched the pitch yet.

14. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ROAD WIN!!!

15. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    One of the things that excited me on Kowalcyzk from video when he was signed was the number of times he scored from shots outside the box. Said this many times before, but that's something we miss. When he was signed assumption was Coco was leaving and he'd take that spot. Personal opinion: Kowalcyzk is better suited for the role Coco has played than Coco is. I like Coco sitting a little deeper like he did last night.

DonJuego and quiznatodd_bidness repped this.
  16. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    our first win there ever right?

it seems that the fact we've only given up 7 goals this year has gotten lost. Maybe defensives do win championships?!?!?

so can Sebas only play every other game or so? how in the world is that dude this fragile?

Some really close calls concerning fouls and cards IMO. There could have been some game changing decisions by the ref. Glad we got out of there with no additional pain

PS

What is this "road win" thing??

17. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Words that get my attention!!!

18. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Apple TV shows, MLS Wrap and MLS pre-game whatever, generally ignore everything Dynamo. However, Saturday night, to my surprise TWO Dynamo plays were named one of the best five plays of the night: Bartlow's super-human goal line clearance to save Clark's howler and Kowalcyzk's golazo.

Mentioning that -- It was a failure in my first Juegoview post not mention Bartlow's game saving play in the first half. How good was that by him? How many players would have stood there in shock and watched as the ball turned over and MiniU scored? And if you have not noticed Bartlow has developed a fantastic range of passing while his defensive positioning and play continues to improve.

Bartlow is becoming a very important and very positive Dynamo. His play Saturday was legendary.

quiznatodd_bidness repped this.
  19. quiznatodd_bidness

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Apr 14, 2020
    The Dynamo are approaching a really good problem of 3 starting quality CBs (maybe 4 if you believe what Franco Escobar says about himself). Onstad in an interview with Glenn that I can’t remember if I posted to the roster thread said Micael could draw interest abroad. I think Bartlow is showing that Michael is the one you move on to free up roster mechanisms and cap space. Not a knock on Michael either because he’s been fantastic too, especially in the Colorado game.

20. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not disagreeing with anything said but I think you have to have three top quality center backs. Injuries, suspensions, need to rotate, etc. I get it … you have to open up flexibility to keep improving. I’m just saying having the three we have is a vital part to the early season success.

ElNaranja and *rey* repped this.