Pre-match: MIN vs. SKC - AUG 21 - 6:30 PM CDT [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Inca Roads, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    So we have a game tomorrow! Regular season coming swooping in fast.

Pretty optimistic going forward. Pulido, Russell, a surprisingly good Shelton, and Kinda on the attacking end gives me some solid hope. Minnesota is still working on putting together their attack, so I think we have a pretty decent shot at this one!

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No Opara, no Miller for Minnesota.

3. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Crap. Anyone have any advice on how to watch game if you have YouTube TV?

4. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Same problem, no solution here. Just watching other games and reading about the own goals as they happen.

5. siskoeva

siskoeva Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Hey, I'm watching the game on YoutubeTV, albeit locally.

6. SportingKCFan

SportingKCFan Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Not the crispest game and obviously all three goals were unintended. But at least all the young players either played well or didn’t hurt their chances of more playing time. Reid was strong. Is Besler now 5th on CB depth chart?

7. Spassapparat

Spassapparat Member

SKC/Werder Bremen
    May 14, 2017
    I didn't get to watch too much of the game as my little one was throwing a fuss, but from what i saw we continue to look great on offense, but the distance between our midfield and our back line is still a major issue for me. Melia was top again, gotta be top 3 gk in the league.

8. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Busio was good as the 6. It was nice to see us play with a DM who can pass AND covers some ground. No idea why Besler is in the dog house or why Smith continues to get minutes.

9. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh.. I have YTTV and clicked on "live" and scrolled to it. I didn't pay any attention to what channel it was. Oddly, it did not show up in menu as recommended for me or under the sports>soccer listings.

10. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'll try again next time. Weird. Also weird how youtube TV got way more expensive all of the sudden.

11. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, re: YTTV, it's the new cable... all the channels. But since it is a pure-play OTT, I wish I could choose either the full bundle or the 4 networks I want and pay for them ala carte. It might be that the 4 networks wind up being nearly as much as the bundle in an ala carte model, but still I'd like the choice/opportunity.

I also have ESPN+ separate from YTTV, so that's a second way to most of MLS. FoxSports are the challenge - you have to have some sort of agreement with an OTT provider or cable to get them (at least when I last checked).