Milwaukee Soccer and the Wizards

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Michael CM1, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Michael CM1

Michael CM1 New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Atlanta, Georgia: US
    Does anybody know if Milwaukee would be a potential moving destination for the Wizards if sold? I know Peter Wilt has said their aim is for expansion in 2008 but I figure if the Wizards were sold sometime in 2006 they could be moved before the 2007. Just curious. Congrats to anybody in the Wisconsin area on getting a good guy in charge of your soccer future.

2. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Screw that!

I might be a bit biased on this topic. :)

BTW, Milwaukee is a great town. A bunch of Wizards fans visited for a USOC game a few years back. Met nothing but nice people and had a great time. The great time might have had something to do with $10 all you can drink beer night at the game though.

3. PJohnson

PJohnson Member+

DC United
    Dec 16, 2004
    South Dakota
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think the Wizards will move to Milwaukee. They don't have a suitable venue for MLS.

4. crewcrazy17

crewcrazy17 Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Medina
    In one of the articles, I think Wilt said that they were aiming fora new stadium and team in 2008. I don't think HSG would hold onto the Wiz that long, nor would a new owner operate a lame duck franchise that long.

5. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    It's not even an option. They won't have anything ready until 2008.

If KC loses the Wizards this year, Milwaukee would be our expansion partner in '08. (What we're calling the Cleveland Browns scenario)