Milwaukee Pre Game [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by LSNsoccer362238, Aug 24, 2002.

1. SoccerTown USA

Mar 20, 1999
    Actually I'm kind of hoping that KC leaves their arrogant and overated players at home.

2. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Fixed your post for you. :D

Anyway, enjoy that white hot A-League action. At least that's what your commentators would have us believe.

3. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    I was at the game last night, and the Wizards really dominated most of the action -- and the Mystics, who were just below me on the east side of the stadium, were responsible for most of the noise.

However, the slide trombone player REALLY needs to take some lessons. Meanwhile as the game was in its waning minutes, my son went down the to Mystics, and, in an attempt to create a more "sobering" perspective on the action, dutifully reminded the Mystics of the recent 5-1 debacle against the Fire.

My gratuitous slam for this post.

Still, A+ for the "Fire reject" and "Wizard reject" cheers.

Anyway, back to the game. The Wizards looked quite good, and Preki was definitely man of the match. However, the Rampage played right into your hands by doing two REALLY dumb things:

--failing to mark Preki for the entire first half, basically allowing to him to run wild.

--completely ceding midfield play throughout the first half, and simply sending long balls in the vain hope that Wolyniec or Digital could get onto them in a dangerous spot. Hope-LESS.

By the time the first half was half over, the GAME was over.

The Rampage took a bit more of the action in the second half, as their (presumably dense) coach figured out that somebody ought to shadow Preki.

The Wizards benefitted from a truly horrendous call on a Saavreda free kick, which went directly into goal, only to be disallowed by an offside call on Digital. Hideous officiating, at a moment when the game could have turned reasonably interesting.

Meanwhile, the Rampage came close to scoring off a Saavreda (why doesn't this guy start for the Rampage) corner kick, which was headed into the woodwork.

But, really, the outcome was never in doubt.

Some other random comments.

--Flank players -- Quill and Klein -- kept the Rampage defense under pressure all night.

--Zavagnin seemed to add little to this game.

--Garcia went forward nicely on a few occassions, and should probably do more of that.

--ANYBODY could have played keeper last night for the Wizards.

--Digitial ought ought to change his name to Dribbbiler Takawara. Because its dribble, dribble, dribble, -- then lose the ball.

--John Wolyniec COULD be a good player if he (a) played a little defense (b) passed the ball in dangerous situations where he has drawn the defense and (c) improved his first touch. Yes, you guessed it -- it's a tall order for this tall guy.

--Preki plays the game at a MUCH higher mental level than anyone out of the field. If he were only 10 years younger...