Milwaukee Pick-up Soccer

Discussion in 'Milwaukee' started by K-sWeise, May 23, 2008.

1. K-sWeise

K-sWeise Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Just wondering about any pick-up soccer games going on around the city, even though the field kinda sucks the area right across from the lakefront would be awesome I would think... Any info would be sweet, otherwise stay up Milwaukee. :D

2. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me and a buddy of mine kick around at Wirth Park in Brookfield or Valley Field on MU's campus during the semseter.

We aren't great, but it's a good time

3. sprintjeløy1926

sprintjeløy1926 New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Madwaukee
    Hey guys, we just relaunched MadisonSoccerCentral.com with a classified section called The Post. There is a section for pickup games here.

We'd like to see players, fans and teams from all over Wisconsin utilize The Post as a way to increase participation in pickup games and organized leagues.

Nate Leaf

4. K-sWeise

K-sWeise Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    during this summer i have been able to essemble 3-3 or 4-4 games at valley view in...crap i cant think of it this late. whatever off beliot road past greenfield. i dont know if that is of any interest.

5. Pickup Soccer Fan

Pickup Soccer Fan New Member

Jun 14, 2009
    There is a game going on in Veterans Park right by the Brady Bridge. I don't know the exact times that people play out there, but you can contact those who have already signed up using Socster.com

Here is the link to their pick up soccer game.

Enjoy!

6. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thursday night @ Brookfield Indoor Soccer Complex is also pretty sweet.

7. Oceans of time

Jun 26, 2007
    Chicago
    Milwaukee Pick-up Soccer: I have two locations
    Go south 1 mile on Menomonee River Parkway off of North Ave in Wauwatosa. We play on a field on the right hand side. Park in the street. Nice bunch of guys. We start around 10 AM on Saturdays. 3 v 3 is common so we could always use a few more. Not sure of the name of this park.
    43° 3'3.07"N
    88° 1'2.10"W
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wirth Park in Brookfield
    From the city go west on North Ave to the two soccer fields just past Pilgrim Parkway on the right. I just met these guys today. They tell me their
    game goes year round - even in snow, winter, ice , whatever... and they've been doing it for 5 years. They want more people too. 4 v 4 is common right now.
    10:30 AM Saturday. Winter soccer sounds extremly enticing to me.
    88° 6'48.02"W
    43° 3'40.52"N
    I put LAT - LONG coordinates in on account of I just got here and don't know landmarks and such yet. Happy football-surfing!