Millwall in the Carling Cup 3rd Round

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Boundzy, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Boundzy

Boundzy BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 1, 2003
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While not the toughest this is not an easy draw either. Play the youngsters and see what happens.

3. thisisanfield

thisisanfield New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    good oh.. :D

The old football league cup... Personally, i would really see this one dropped...

For once.. historically, its the LEAGUE CUP.. we arnt in the football league anymore, so why should we be in there cup.... Yes, I know we all celebrated when we won it, but it still is a waste of space when we should be resting for important things like champions league, premiership and the FA CUP (no doubt i shall still be cheering in february when we win it)...

but in honestly think premiership clubs shouldnt be in it...

Create a premiership trophy, with just the premiership clubs in a knockout competition instead be far more fun...

4. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Try telling that to fans of Boro or Blackburn. Sure its not a big deal for the big clubs, but most Premiership teams don't get a chance to win anything and this is an important competition for them, and a nice way to get into Europe.

5. thisisanfield

thisisanfield New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    But its the football league cup... and were not in the football league.. I never understood why after the premiership was formed how we managed to stay in it... football league clubs dont get to play in the FA trophy etc...

Premiership clubs are only in it as if they wernt it would become even more meaningless...

As for the eufa cup spot.. thats one thing... I do think its about time the FA cup got a champions league spot though... Give 2 champions league entries per country.,.. League Champions and Cup Winners.. then at least everyone in the champions league is a champion...

The dilly the eufa cup spots around as you like... And no more of this runners up get a european spot if the winner is already in champions league.. thats just stupid... I dont begrudge millwall there Eufa cup spot, but its a bit daft....