Milan Weekly is the biggest load of crap

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by quentinc, Dec 23, 2005.

1. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    I watched it last night, and good lord, was it awful. It just had way overextended highlights of charity functions and things that have nothing to do with the team's performance. Even if I were a fan, I couldn't sit through that garbage every week.

2. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I am a fan, and I do watch it. What I can't quite make it through is a Liverpool match. Besides, most of the stuff they show is from previous matches. The particular episode you speak of happened to lack any match footage at all. You'll live.

You must understand that as a fan of a league OTHER than the Premiership its difficult to see your team at all, let alone in their daily lives in street clothes. Call me a fan boy... go ahead... done? Ok, well call me a fan boy but I like seeing Seedorf doing Louis Armstrong impressions, and Maldini at charity functions.

3. TxFan

TxFan Member

Sep 6, 2001
    i do wish that they showed more soccer highlights, but to many people AC Milan is more than just a soccer club. the show is interesting though for providing a glimpse into the club's culture...

in any event, milan soccer fans seem to get a good deal to watch on FSC... there always seems to be a milan classic or milan in europe goodie on.

4. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I love the show for basically the reasons Jawz stated. Besides games, a fan of an Italian team gets very little. So being a Milan fan, I enjoy watching what Milan players do outside the pitch and such. I can understand that it's a borefest for non Milan fans, as they probably don't care what Milan players do outside the pitch and don't want to read subtitles.

5. suppitty

suppitty Member

Mar 15, 2004
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The show is pretty low quality in my opinion. I would also rather watch the show for another club, but regardless I agree with the 1st poster that the show is severely lacking in reasons to watch, other than being the only alternative to ther GMAC Bowl.

6. stevewhit0

stevewhit0 New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Champaign, IL
    I dont like the show but if FSC thinks they have a big enough market in AC fans I say go for it. I'm not a fan of the Italian league and I understand that FSC does not revolve around my tastes all the time. So 30 mins a week is not a big deal for me. If it helps keep FSC on the air i'm all for Milan Weekly but i'll never watch it.