MILAN vs ATALANTA [R] Pre/During/Post Match Comments

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Catfish, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well maybe the Milan Derby draw has shaken the Red + Black lads awake? I am predicting a solid 2-0 win over Atalanta.

Sheva and Kaka will both bring the Milan faithful to their feet!

2. AC Milan Brazil

AC Milan Brazil New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    São Paulo
    I expect some new faces on the team against a winless side like Atalanta, especially Coloccini. Nesta deserves a rest to be prepared to face Samp and Barça. Kaká, Seedorf and Sheva too.
    I know this is not related to the match, but anyone know how much Milan get from Sky Itália for Serie A tv rights?

3. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope Coloccini gets a start as well. He has played great the last 4 months for Argentina and still hasn't played one minute for Milan. But something tells me Carlo will stick with Costacurta :rolleyes:

As for Sky Italia, here are the figures for this year:
    Juventus 65m
    Milan 52m
    Inter 50m
    Roma 42m
    Lazio 32m
    Parma 24.8m
    Bologna 13.4m
    Udinese 12.9m
    Sampdoria 7.3m
    Reggina 7m
    Livorno 6.4m
    Lecce 6m
    Siena 5m

4. Catenaccio-maldini

Catenaccio-maldini New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Spartak

how the hell you get these information !! . . .
    why Juve is more ? they did not win the Scedutto !

5. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got that info from the Sept. issue of Calcio Italia. Juve gets more from Sky Italia because they have more fans.

6. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I know this is offtopic, but even Napoli in C1 is on Sky now. I wonder how much money we are getting? :confused:

7. AC Milan Brazil

Apr 14, 2004
    São Paulo
    Thanks!

8. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hooray, Colo gets the start :)

Lineups:

MILAN: Dida; Cafu, Coloccini,Maldini, Kaladze; Brocchi, Pirlo, Rui Costa; Kakà; Tomasson, Shevchenko.
    Subs: Abbiati, Costacurta,Pancaro, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Serginho, Crespo. Coach. Carlo Ancelotti

ATALANTA: Taibi; Innocenti, Gonnella, Natali, Rivalta; Zenoni, Albertini, Marcolini; Lazzari, Montolivo; Budan.
    Subs: Calderoni,Sala, Bellini, Mingazzini, Bernardini, Pazzini, Pià. Coach. Mandorlini

9. kuwaitii

kuwaitii New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Montreal
    I'm feeling terrible because I missed the game! Please someone tell me how did they do? Is this there best performance this season so far?

How did Coloccini do? How was his marking and defence? Is he worth of a Rossoneri shirt? How did Brocchi do? How bout RUI COSTA?! How did he do in Seedorf's position? I really would love to see Pirlo - Kaka - Rui all play at once, they are really good together! How bout Kaladze? I heard he wasnt that good as he missed many chances before actually scoring? How bout Kaka? And why didnt Sheva score? :S

Did we have possession all game? Plz someone update me asap!!

10. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Milan actually struggled in the first half to break through against Atalanta's defensive tactics (though Atalanta had some nice moments and even chances). Coloccini seemed pretty tentative at first and was once beaten cleanly by Budan (the plodding lone striker for Atalanta), but Dida made the save. Once Milan finally broke the deadlock early in the second half, things opened up and - even if Atalanta still had a couple of chances to tie it - it was a fairly routine victory in the end.

11. Diavolo

Diavolo New Member

Jan 5, 2004
    Milan
    Also they have SKY written on their jersey in CL. Milan have Opel, Inter Pirelli and so on.

On the match: Coloccini had a very good debut game, IMO man of the match Brocchi (no kidding), the Pirlo/JDT combination for Milan's first goal was a pearl.

12. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Is GolTv replaying this match? Great to see so many Rossernari (sp?) supporters posting here.

13. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That's R-o-s-s-o-n-e-r-i, Catfish.

14. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He played well. Very active. Got his nose bloodied (literally) within the first 5 minutes. Should have been called for a foul in the box late in the first half, but he's a keeper.

Brocchi was very solid, didn't make any mistakes. RUI COSTA is old, has lost some pace IMHO.

Kaladze did finally score on a beautiful pass from Sheva. IMHO this was a more exciting goal than the Pirlo-Jon Dahl brace. Kaka and Sheva both seemed frustrated with the packed in defense of Atalanta, not much space to show their stuff, and both missed some chances that they would normally have buried.

Milan brought its B-Game/B-Team and still won it going away. It wasn't as pretty as previous matches, but that doesn't matter. You got your 3 points, and should already be pulling for Roma domani.

Bravo Rossoneri

15. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know this is probably too late to reach you but the Milan/Atalanta match will be shown in 30 mins. on GolTV, 4:00am EST.

Milan/Atalanta Full BT:
    English commentary: http://football.hn.org:6969/torrent.html?info_hash=89a219737a1d5b2bf9c97490102d0eb71c42e358
    Chinese commentary: http://football.hn.org:6969/torrent.html?info_hash=1f27dd59237b662d64d30ab1718e8da06ea6f7c3

16. AC Milan Brazil

Apr 14, 2004
    São Paulo
    I'll put in this way: the team scored three goals and the opponent didn't score for the fourth straight game. Hope it bodes well for the rest of the season. The overall performance was a bit above average. I really expect a lot from a team who have Kaká, Sheva, Pirlo, Maldini, Rui Costa, Dida etc. I think it's fair.

In the first half the defence was unprotected and Atalanta had two clear chances but Dida did his job. A midfield with Pirlo, Rui and Kaká don't offer the better protection to the defenders, but against Atalanta you have to take some extra risks.
    In the second half, with Ambrosini and Costacurta, the defence started to look solid. He needs some time to adapt to everything but he has talent and youth.

Brocchi and Kaladze played really well! Kaladze missed a chance in the first half. Everything happened quickly but I suppose Taibi was there to make saves!
    I think Rui Costa played well to! He can do better, but he didn't disappointed me.
    Despite the huge difference between the teams, I was starting to see the things more complicated when Pirlo delivered that nice pass to Tomasson, who scored in a fantastic way! Bravo Jon!
    Kaká and Sheva were just average. The latter missed an unbeliveable chance in the first half. But shot a ball on the post from 30m.
    Finally, it's sad to see Albertini playing for a small side like Atalanta. But the saddest thing I watched yesterday was the jersey that Siena wear against Juve last Saturday.
    The jersey is an important part of the team spirit and that in my modest opinion is at least strange!

17. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    What are you talking about?

18. Danishrossonero

Danishrossonero New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Geneva
    I was very pleased at the end of this game. 3 people scoring their first goals of the season... this can only help confidence. And it was also great to see Tomasson back on form with one goal and one assist.

19. AC Milan Brazil

Apr 14, 2004
    São Paulo
    Siena's jersey! Did you watched the game last Saturday? Yesterday i watched the highlights of all matches of round 7 and I just couldn't believe how a designer created that.

20. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Have you seen Athletic Bilbao's UEFA Cup jersey?

21. AC Milan Brazil

Apr 14, 2004
    São Paulo
  22. Danishrossonero

Danishrossonero New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Geneva
    I thought that Bilbao s "pschedelic" uefa cup jersey looked pretty nice, its just that its something you d expect a cycling team to wear, not a football team.

23. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    This was a good match by Milan. Let's hope this continues...