Milan v. Genoa pre/dur/post match [R]

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Cassano, Jan 26, 2008.

1. hectorcrib

hectorcrib Member

Mar 27, 2007
    In a 6.0
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What's with all the Pato hating. If he cant finish/has bad touch, or whatever your killing peoples throats over, then thats his problem and he will work on it if he realizes it. What really matters is the win and the 3 points we got. You have to realize that he also creates and takes chances, thats why as someone else mentioned that Pato has so many shots on goal in those few matches compared to Gila;s in the 16 or however many games he played this season. You also have to realize that Gila lets so many chances go by, he never even takes them. There was a game where Kaka gave him a good ball and Gila was too slow to react and didnt even touch the ball, compared to Pato who at least takes the chance.
    Haha, after Gila missing that chance it frusturated Kaka so much(the disgusted look on his face). Ill try to find that video to show you guys how bad the diver misses sitters/easy goals more than Pato.
    All the Pato hating needs to stop.

2. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    no need for the videos, most of us are well aware of gila's exploits these past 2.5 years. ;)

I don't think anyone is hating on pato, just calling it as is, which is that once he starts finishing like we all know he can, and he gets settled in, with all the chances he and the team are creating, he can really start to do damage. it has already become apparent to me, through just 4 games that pato creates more trouble for the opposition than gila ever has. that still doesn't take away from the fact that pato has missed some easy chances. no big deal, though.

I, for one, really am looking forward to the reggina match. with only one striker (gila suspended and ronaldo still training separately from the team according to the last i heard today), it should be interesting as i want to see more of this 4-5-1 with pato at the top. unfortunately, ambro won't be there and i wouldn't be shocked if now, finally, seedorf does get a rest, so it won't be a true test of that formation, but it will be interesting nonetheless. I had made a post after the napoli game that i wanted milan to go 4-5-1 in the cl, but since i thought pato couldn't play up top alone at a high enough level, pato might have to sit. well, the genoa game gave me some food for thought, that is for sure. especially if ronaldo was to for some reason miss that game, 4-5-1 with pato at the emirates???

a lot of pressure for the kid, no doubt, but just might be the best chance to win. then again maybe I am getting ahead of myself. :eek:

3. Milaniac

Milaniac Member

May 12, 2007
    Yes Jpick is right I am calling it as is. I obviously do not hate Pato as a Milan fan, and him being our only winter transferee to help us get 4th. Pato is obviously talented with his pace, headers, and positioning. I was just stating my opinion in contrast to Jaw10's comment on Pato's finishing.

4. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Umm... yeah I think so lol.