Milan v. Ajax [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by astabooty, Sep 15, 2003.

1. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok...to begin with i am not disappointed with the outcome of the game. i do believe it accurately shows how the game was played but that is not important.

mentionable players:
    pienaar-played very well and is going to be very good
    kaka-quieted down some after the beginning but was scary as hell
    zlatan-he is very good and gonna be much better
    trabelsi-very good game all around
    raffy-too quiet this game
    maxwell-pretty good all around (noticed no right foot but it didnt really hurt him)
    pasanen-when does grygera come back? =/
    sonck-idk...he didnt do much and didnt look dangerous but idk much about his style so i cant judge

to bluedaddy...idk what you are talking about w/ lobont. he had ONE rebound that was unlucky and cafu was CLEARLY offside but i guess they thought it was passive, i disagree.
    anyway lobont had a great game imo.

2. RutgerB

RutgerB New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    occupied Dietsland
    If this was a leg match everyone whould have been happy. Ajax lost with minume figures, a 1-0 victory in Amsterdam equals them with Ac Milan and a 2-0 victory even tops Ac.

3. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    ok, my turn

pasanen had an excellent match and certainly looked FAR better than grygera has so far

lobont did not have an unlucky rebound - pippo was lucky lobont coughed it up right on his foot... there's a difference - anyway how can lobont have a great game when the only threatening shot ends in a poor goal? what else can i say? he has always made me nervous

4. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Only on the channel that has the rights to the CL games, unfortunatly...

5. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    We got *#*#*#*#ed by an *#*#*#*#*#*#*# Celta player. Mendoza was clearly kicked while he was down and he retaliated by throwing the ball at the guy who kicked him. Immediate red, while the Celta player didn't even get a yellow card for his obvious kick. *#*#*#*#*#*#*# got booed for the remainder of the game, but I'm just glad we were able to grab a point when we were down to 10 men for 45 minutes of the game. At times it almost looked like we were playing an Italian instead of a Spanish side. All they did after they scored their goal was defend, keep 9 men behind the ball. Unworthy of a Spanish side...

6. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    That was indeed a shameless display by Celta, they were the better team when it was still 11 vs 11, and then when they scored that 1 goal it looked like they were satisfied and started defending. Even with the other team getting 1 red card and scoring, they didn't make much effort to score the winner. Even when the other team got another red card in the final minutes, it looked like they didn't give a damn and were happy with the draw. :(

Hopefully when their more important players come back from inury & suspension, they will be a little more eager to win matches they could have easily won.

Did Ajax a favor, by making 2 of Brugge's player not available for their match against each other though. :D

7. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    True. Allthough, Saetarnes had a decent game. We might be forced to play with just one real striker in the center now. With Verheyen and Gvozdenovic in support on the wings. And hopefully with Ceh and Stoica playing just behind him.
    Actually, I have wanted to see them play like this for quite some time now, but this is the first time that Sollied will probably be forced to use this formation.