Milan Preseason 2017

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by stphnsn, Jul 11, 2017.

1. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    We put a beatdown on Lugano this afternoon, winning 4-0. I had the stream on in the background, but I didn't catch any goals. We play Borussia Dortmund next Tuesday in the ICC. That will be a significant step up in competition.

2. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    we're down 3-1 to bvb in the 75th minute. it's been rough, but i guess that should be expected with the 11 we started. we started storari, abate, zapata, paletta, rodriguez, mauri, kessie, bonaventura, niang, bacca, borini.

storari should have saved their first, and paletta gave up a penalty for the second. bvb dominated possession, and we just tried to minimize the damage. bacca pulled one back with a lucky shot from long range that their keeper should have stopped. we didn't get to see much from our attackers because we were absorbing so much pressure. i didn't see anything from jack. niang was his typically lazy, wasteful self. nothing from borini either.

i've had the second half on, but i'm not really watching. seems like we've come into the game a little more with the changes. we're going to be a work in progress throughout the preseason, but i'd like to get a look at more of a first choice 11 against bayern on saturday. we'll see who's available though.

3. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    at half we're up 3-0 on bayern munich. one goal by kessie and a double by crutone. it's a pleasant surprise after i woke up early to watch the game and discovered blown fuses, a lightning struck cable box, and my pup's electric fence transmitter in pieces. at least my tv and laptop seem to be ok at this point.

4. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    4-0 full time. calhanoglu got the fourth. bayern kept most of the possession, but we never let them score. i wasn't able to watch much of the first half at all, and i didn't watch the second half very closely. kessie looked like a beast again. cutrone keeps putting in good shifts as well. didn't see much from andre silva, and niang was his inconsistent self from what i did see. a 4-0 win over bayern has to be good for the confidence going into the crucial EL match next wednesday.

5. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    we have real betis on deck this evening. it looks like bonucci will be the captain. no word of a stream from what i've seen.

6. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    lol all that money and still lose to a second tier team

7. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+