Milan-Lazio 10/19 (R)

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by phillips10, Oct 16, 2003.

1. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    toughest match of the league season so far...hopefully the time off gets Lazio back in gear a bit and Albertini's return to milan is a good one..

Mancini's selection problems continue, with Cesar now out 2 more months...there isn't a left wing midfield option...he may move Fiore over there and push Oddo up...hopefully old/fat Conceiceo (peruzzi without the keeper shirt) doesn't start...

couple previews:

http://www.lazioworld.net/news/EpyyFpuyEujZHUCAWR.html

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sa0304/mil-laz.html

2. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    criminal!

horrible officiating costs Lazio in this one...

a clear Lazio goal and a fairly certain Cafu handball in the box not called properly...

granted Milan were good and a draw perhaps would have been fair....but not so, very frustrating.

sometimes I think Italian refs want Juve/Milan to win every match...

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sa0304/mil-laz.html

3. dah_sab

dah_sab New Member

Mar 8, 2001
    Austin, TX
    "sometimes I think Italian refs want Juve/Milan to win every match..."

Sometimes??

Oh man, this (offside call) really got me steamed, especially after Zambrotta the Cheater's cheating attempt at winning by cheating two weeks ago.

Arrgghh. Hard to come to any other conclusion - either the assistant ref is a completely incompetent idiot or...

But I guess that's why they play the games - to give the refs a chance to favor Juve/Milan!!

4. kotzunder

kotzunder New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Re: criminal!

Cafu was too close to the player who shot
    i think This decision was right

5. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Well, there were two Cafu incidents, but I don't think either of them were "too close". One of them was on a cross from some 10 or so yards away which bounced awkwardly up off of his thigh and there was some question - from the angle I saw - whether he actually handled it. But it definitely "looked wierd". The other one was on a high looping ball ("campanile") which he and Gattuso were both close to. He sort of misjudged it and wasn't sure what Gattuso was doing, and he ended up CLEARLY handling it to bring it down. But that was on or near the edge of the area, so a PK was also debatable.

The non-existent offside on the goal, however, was not debatable at all. That was just awful.

6. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    still cant believe the assistant ref's call on the Stankovic goal.

I agree there is some doubt on both Cafu incidents, but especially after taking away a perfectly good goal I thought the refs could have given one back...a makeup call.

Oh well, and its on the Chelsea midweek...