Milan in Serie A 2021/22

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by odessit19, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eliminated.

Rossonero23 repped this.
  2. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I thought this was overall solid performance and a deserved 1 point, despite more chances to win late in the game. Glad that without Ibra and Giroud we could still produce.

3. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'll take a point against the gobbi

4. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    We shouldn't be fooled by Juve's bad start. They will improve. Their starters came back today and they were dangerous. Still, we drew them while playing away, and had opportunities to win the game (oh boy, Kalulu missed the winning goal!). Overall, I'm content with this point. All big dogs have dropped points by now except Napoli, and I hope that Udinese holds them to a draw tomorrow. We are level in points with Inter. This was a good start for our Serie A campaign, 10 points in 4 games.

Rossonero23 repped this.
  5. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    I haven't seen or read anything about Porto, but I'll be disappointed if we don't at least fall into Europa League.

6. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    1 point away to Juve is always a decent result. We were unlucky (and naive?) to get caught on the break so early.

7. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Nice subs in the second half and of course both Theo and Saelemaekers were key to our win. Hope we get more confident with each match.

8. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Forza Milan!!!!

9. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nice to see Theo coming back to form in our victory against Venezia. He hadn't been playing very well lately, while he is actually one of my favorite players, together with Kessié and Ibra when Ibra is healthy. Saelemaekers also had been poor lately, and played well this time.

Too bad that Napoli keeps winning. Spezia today in a couple of hours.

10. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Bad dive from Theo today, bit so awesome to see Maldini name on the scoreboard and of course for us to win!

11. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Yes, disgraceful dive. Loved Maldini's score. It put a rare smile on Paolo's face. Tonali, Kessié, Saelemaekers, Leão, Maignan played well. Giroud and Rebic, not so much. Kalulu gave Maldini a great assist but was shaky in defense; Calabria made it more solid. Serie A has good parity and it's always difficult even against bottom feeders, but it was a bit uncomfortable to see lowly Spezia challenging us so much.

Rossonero23 repped this.
  12. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Super impressive win at Atalanta. And considering that both PK and the second goal for them was complete BS, we did solid!
    Tonali continues to impress

stphnsn and Rossonero23 repped this.
  13. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Yes we did well. Tonali is great. Other players who did very well too, Tomori, Calabria, Maignan, Leão, and Kessié.

14. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Guts and glory!!!

What a comeback. Got a bit lucky but we fought hard and showed our heart.
    ForzaMilan!

15. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Goalkeeper is out for 10 weeks

16. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Wow, what a coming-from-behind victory! A tale of two halves... we played horribly in first half, then came back aggressive and dominant in second half! Yes, we showed depth, resilience, and heart. Even Castillejo played well! An anemic Giroud who did nothing in first half, woke up in the second half, scored a goal, even defended well, and suffered a clear penalty not given by the ref. Ibra had a cameo but did worry Verona's defense in a couple of plays. Leão made the offense more creative. The shaky defending seen in first half got a lot more solid in second half. We also need to credit Pioli, he obviously made adjustments during halftime. Our 4-2-3-1 formation wasn't working in first half, and with a few touches things started working again.

While Verona is not great, they are still a mid-table team in competitive Serie A, who beat Roma, so, this comeback was impressive. Bravo, Milan!

Maignan being out for several weeks is really concerning, though. We also missed Theo (who has Covid).

Inter lost today so we moved 5 points away from them. Now, one must hope that Napoli will lose tomorrow, which is seeming unlikely.

Napoli has conceded only 2 goals so far. They are definitely the team to beat this season, which is kind of surprising, but it is what it is. If you look at their stats, they are first in the league in a large number of fundamentals, so, it's been no fluke that they remain with 100% of the points they contested for.

Tomorrow they get another mid-table team, Torino. Of course, in Serie A, mid-table teams beating top teams is not unheard of... so, fingers crossed that Torino trips Napoli and makes them drop some points.

Rossonero23 repped this.
  17. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Supposedly we have another monster goal keeper in the youth team, but I don't know anything about him. Just read an article on sempremilan I think so it's probably propoganga

18. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Serie A in the middle of the 8th round is already shaking up with the usual suspects on top, except for Juventus, which inevitably will move up in the next few rounds, after their bad start from which they seem fully recovered, by now. This will probably not happen yet this round, given that they have a difficult opponent (Rome) while Fiorentina have an easy one (Venezia).

With Atalanta having moved back into the top 6, we have Napoli, Milan, Inter, Roma, Lazio, and Atalanta up there as usual. For now Fiorentina and Bologna are ahead of 9th placed Juve but it shouldn't last. Bologna have played already in round 8 so if Juve draw or win their match, they will leapfrog Bologna.

The bottom 11 are really close to each other, with only 3 points separating the 10th placed team, Udinese, and the first relegation zone team, Cagliari.

There are two surprises so far: Napoli's extraordinary form (not that they weren't good before, but they are particularly good this season, being the team to beat), and Empoli's mid-table status after promotion, which if it continues, might see them becoming the one promoted club this season to remain in Serie A, unlike the other two that are doing very poorly, Venezia and Salernitana, which remain as the bottom two clubs and should go right back to Serie B if they don't recover.

It's early in the season, of course, but no big surprises so far. I wouldn't call the two surprises I've mentioned above, big, because Napoli is one of Italy's top teams anyway, and Empoli's form may slip anytime, because they are also only 3 points clear of Cagliari.

19. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    What's his name? I browsed the front page of Sempremilan and didn't find the article.

20. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Brasitusa repped this.
  21. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    On paper, Cagliari have decent players but they are last!

22. Rob WT JM

Rob WT JM New Member

Sevilla CF
    Spain
    Oct 19, 2021
  23. Rob WT JM

Rob WT JM New Member

Sevilla CF
    Spain
    Oct 19, 2021
  24. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Darn, with the defeat to Porto 0-1 today (which I didn't watch) all hopes of survival in the Champions League are gone, and even Europa League is in doubt.

I guess with all the injuries we have, the good side of this is that we'll be able to focus more on Serie A without our players being exhausted with a busy schedule.

25. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The squad isn't anywhere close to cl quality. We are always linked to garbage players. Or, players with a year left in their deal. We should make an offer for Mbappe. Just for laughs..can you imagine???