Milan in Europe 2017/18

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by stphnsn, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Requoted for @Calcio Pauly

:D:D:D

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  2. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    6-0 in the 86th. borini, antonelli, and montolivo got his second. looks like the young pups will get some time on the field next week in the away leg.

3. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    6-0 ft. well played by the guys.

Rosay repped this.
  4. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ricky is more than just a pretty (girly) face! :D

Midfield General repped this.
  5. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    now now, boys. leave twinkle toes alone.

6. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Montolivo scores twice.

Borini scores once.

I thank you meme gods for this wondrous gift.

7. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Montolivo plays better closer to the net. I always thought he'd be a good trequartista.

8. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    let's remember the team we played is essentially a jv squad, but if montolivo is going to have this kind of performance with the new players he has around him, it's a good thing for milan. i've been pretty critical of him since he's arrived. he's been a dud for the most part. if he can raise his game to this level consistently though, it's almost like having another new player in the mix. he'd be another option to give us some creativity in the midfield. maybe he just needed better players around him?

9. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Montolivo has always put in a good performance....every couple of years or so.

Midfield General repped this.
  10. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    it looks like we're set to run out an experimental side today in a 352. here's the expected line-up: storari; zapata, bonucci, romagnoli; calabria, mauri, locatelli, zanaletto, antonelli; cutrone, silva. it's good to see the kids getting more time. hopefully they can build on the 6-goal lead we earned last week.

Rosay repped this.
  11. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    my prediction is 3-0 win today

12. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Not a lot of faith in the other Donnarumma if Storari is starting. I guess he's here to really only help Gigio with his stretching during practice.

13. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    1-0 good guys at half. cutrone scored again. anyone watching?

14. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    1-0 ft. we advance. let's hope for an interesting draw so fox will put our games on tv.

15. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    what a great ball by Locatelli to Cutrone to slot it home for the game winner. just watched the highlights

16. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Zapata and Mauri were poor, Antonelli too. Crutone has a hunger for the ball that I like. Silva could have done better on two occasions in having a go rather than trying to control the ball and slow it down too much. He's a bit apprehensive, still adjusting.

17. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    we're in group d with austria vienna, nk rijeka, and aek athens. we shouldn't have any problem advancing from that group. hopefully we get our young guys some time in these games and then really hit the gas after the winter break. there's no reason we can't win this regardless of the knockout draws.

GROUP A:
    Villarreal, Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Astana, Slavia Prague
    GROUP B: Dynamo Kiev, Young Boys, Partizan Belgrade, Skenderbeu
    GROUP C: Braga, Ludogorets Razgrad, Hoffenheim, Istanbul Basaksehir

GROUP D: AC Milan, Austria Vienna, NK Rijeka, AEK Athens

GROUP E: Lyon, Everton, Atalanta, Apollon Limassol
    GROUP F: FC Copenhagen, Lokomotiv Moscow, FC Sheriff, FC Zlin
    GROUP G: Viktoria Plzen, FCSB, Hapoel Beer-Sheva, FC Lugano
    GROUP H: Arsenal, BATE Borisov, Cologne, Red Star Belgrade
    GROUP I: FC Salzburg, Marseille, Vitoria Guimaraes, Konyaspor
    GROUP J: Athletic Bilbao, Hertha Berlin, Zorya Luhansk, Ostersunds
    GROUP K: Lazio, Nice, Zulte Waregem, Vitesse Arnhem
    GROUP L: Zenit St. Petersburg, Real Sociedad, Rosenborg, Vardar Skopje

atalanta got a killer group with both lyon and everton. lazio shouldn't have trouble advancing alongside nice (balotelli and wesley sneijder). other than atalanta's group, i don't see too much to get excited about.

18. shevaa7

shevaa7 Member

Milan
    Jun 3, 2017
    I was at the match yesterday. Seeing that shit live up-close was insane(had a really good view in the first half I was very close to the opposition's box and could see Milan's attacking moves really clearly).

stphnsn and Rosay repped this.
  19. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    that's dope buddy! any pics?

20. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    fun fact

2 - AC Milan have eventually reached the final both times they played AEK Athens in European cups: Champions League 94/95 and 06/07.

21. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    it's game day, people. milan play fk austria wien in vienna today at 1:00 eastern. the game will be available on espn3.

obviously we're coming off a disappointing result sunday morning after a flying start to the season. austria are undefeated in their last five league matches. they finished second in the austrian bundesliga last season to earn their EL place. so far in the EL they've defeated cypriots AEL and squeaked by osijek of croatia on away goals. i don't recognize any names on their roster which is made up mostly of austrians with a few others thrown in. they're coached by torsten fink, who i've never heard of. it looks like he had a decent playing resume though and he's coached at basel, hamburger, apeol (briefly), and now austria.

rumors are saying we'll line up in a 352, and kalinic will get his first start. i won't be able to watch live, but i'll catch a replay on watchespn this evening. forza milan.

22. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    2-0 good guys in the 11th minute. calhanoglu got the first, and then he played silva in for the second. they could get ugly.

23. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    3-0 at half. silva got his second. since we jumped on them early, i've just been listening and getting some work done.

24. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    3-1 48'. zapata does a zapata. ruh roh. here they come.

25. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Milan doing their part to recover lost coefficient points from the other two days. :)

#'s ;)

Rosay repped this.