Mike Magee is the Freaking Highlander

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Crimen y Castigo, Jun 28, 2011.

1. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah. We just figured it out sooner. Further proof LA fans are more perceptive than Bostonians. :)

100fyers repped this.
  2. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Why has The Magee forsaken us?

3. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the magic man is pumping out goals at a high rate whilst rogers is doing I don't know what to be honest, At this point I am disgusted with the trade and I am losing faith in our FO with all the fuq ups they are continually committing. I still want to give RR more time and can only hope he does something to warrant his circus like acquisition by the club. But to be honest at this rate I think I will be ripping this move a new one when all is said and done.

4. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Honestly I thought this was a bad trade to begin with. Despite Rogers history in the league and time with the national teams, I'd say Magee is the better player without a doubt. Just because he is a few years older doesn't mean we should have traded him. The age should only have been taken into consideration if we had a player in his 30s.

5. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is ridiculous. Magee is scoring goals and Chicago is winning games. And all we have now after the 2 days of "Gay Media Hoopla" is a losing streak and a team devoid of any direction from the top.

Maybe Robbie Rogers knew something Bruce Arena didn't. It wasn't he who needed outing.. it was his game, because it's finished and he's done being a serious footballer.

6. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    This was never an issue of Rogers' sexuality, so please don't try to make it that.

7. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After 6 games,

MaGee 6 goals, 2 assists
    And leads Chicago to a five game unbeaten run.

Rogers....not so much

Question: In MLS history has any player ever been the top goal scorer for two different teams in the same season?

8. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Oh, Magee. Youve done it again.

[​IMG]

Hachiko repped this.
  9. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    DeRosario played for three teams when he got the Golden Boot in 2011 (Toronto, Red Bulls, DC).

dashiel repped this.
  10. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was he the top goal scorer for any of those three teams?

11. sanda

sanda Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Virginia
    Just read news that Magee scored for Chicago. So he ' s trade? Is Arena out of his mind? Wait, is he still in charge?

12. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    He was the top scorer for DC that season (13 goals, Davies was second with 11). He had only one goal with Toronto and two with New York.

Now that I see what your original question was, I don't think that Magee is going to be the Galaxy's top scorer this season. Keane will easily exceed Magee's six Galaxy goals (hopefully tonight) and Donovan should as well.

13. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a bit naive to think it has nothing to do with his sexuality. While ultimately this trade will be judged on whether Rogers ever comes back into form (and the amount of time it takes him to do so), the PR gained was certainly a part of the trade. I'm happy for the progress we seem to be making as a species in accepting someone who is different (the horror!), but I'm pretty sure Mike Magee isn't even human.

On the face of it, this "trade" stinks on ice thus far.

14. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    This trade was ONLY made because of Rogers' sexuality. The Galaxy wanted the MSM exposure signing the first openly gay soccer player would bring, and there was likely pressure from the league to make it happen. I ********ing hate these politics that run our game sometimes.

Beerking repped this.
  15. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Magee wanted to leave as well. He's just a Chicago Fire player to me now.

Dynasty2013 and WarGalaxy repped this.
  16. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Highest praise accepted.

17. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    From the interviews its unclear whether he wanted to leave, or was ok with leaving. If its the latter, its still a problem that the FO let him. If its the former then he is a top level scum for putting what he thinks is best for his family ahead of the Galaxy.

18. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is no evidence that Magee wanted to leave this season, and no evidence he put any pressure on the Galaxy to trade him. There is plenty of evidence of MLS wanting this trade to happen. Magee agreeing to go along with what his bosses tell him they would like him to do is very different from what you are insinuating. He is a Chicago player now, when he was a player of earned value to the Galaxy in a way that Rogers has never shown any capacity to match.
    The FO that could accede to such a trade, or to judge it a good one, is the FO you now have. It is potentially as comically bad a trade as the infamous "Ballouchy for Beckerman" that sank the Rapids for half a decade. The League, and the Galaxy, have shot themselves through both feet on this one.That is the problem LA fans will have to think through.

19. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. It was intended as a joke to emphasize his value to both teams and our anemic efforts to score of late.

20. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There isn't anything to think through, really. What's done is done and we cannot change that. We've just got to move forward with what we have.

WarGalaxy repped this.
  21. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

It seemed that there might have been pressure for LA to trade for Rogers and Magee saw it as an opportunity to move back home and he seized upon it. I don't think LA would have moved him unless he was okay with leaving. Anyway, what's done is done.

WarGalaxy repped this.
  22. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. Winning two cups in a row tends to keep you in charge. :rolleyes:

Dumb trade by a guy who otherwise has made pretty good moves. But, one dumb trade and idiots want him out the door.

23. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why would any footballer want to (excuse me) go to Chicago when they are 1. An icon in the biggest market in the nation (yeah we are deal with it scrubs) 2. A 2 time defending champion 3. league leading goal scorer again in the biggest media market in the nation? Going home at 35 yrs old would be more understandable to finish out an iconic career. I think our FO once again fuq'ed up and made the magic man feel like they would rather have him go now and sacrifice championships for more media attention. We may never know the absolute truth, but leaving a championship club to a bottom feeder is usually not a voluntary request.

Unak78 and Mario Balotelli repped this.
  24. pastor

pastor Member+

Jul 1, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Its pretty safe to assume he wanted to leave. Its not a hard choice to want to play before your family.

25. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States