Mike Havenaar???in the Japanese U-18 squad???

Discussion in 'Japan' started by lilcookie, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA

Good information. One correction about Chinese being Asian. There are millions of Chinese in the Western part of China are not our typical Asian looking--such as lond-hair/blue eyed like you. :p

They are not recently immigrants but living there thousands years.

Good to hear Japan is more diversified now.

2. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm sorry, but australia is an immigrant country, japan is not. therefore, japan will probably never have the ethnic diversity that the aussies have.

however, i think that it is wonderful that the prevailing stereotypes of a racially pure japan are being proven wrong... even if on a small level. and you should be proud of the fact that people are adopting your country because they love it. that is the highest form of flattery.

3. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Or like Brasil.See,here actually we had some talks about Right Backs and a good one is called..Rodrigo Tabata.He's ethnically japanese,same as Sandro Hiroshi or Yamada(S.C. Corinthians GK).We also have some arab players.And someday we can have a Korean or Chinese player here,without doubt.

I like it.When your NT shows no racism,players get confident.Japan of course have some problems with racism,but I know,they'll do with Cullen or Havenaar the same thing they did with Alex...and Alex of course is respected as a good player,being Brazilian or not.

IMO Havenaar is right.He was born and grew up in Japan,so we probably loves Japan more then Netherlands.And he'll play with guts,like any other Japanese player,being Ainu or not.

4. Shiners

Shiners New Member

May 19, 2005
    *puts out fire* oOoooOoOOOOoooo biatchinggg :)

I reckon he's pretty darn cute too Jr. BEN IS SO MUCH BETTER THOUGH :D

I'm not even going to get started with the multiculteral thing and all that jibberish. But I do rather him stay with Japan, at least now I can have something else to keep me occupied with while watching soccer when Japan is on :) teehee

5. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    lol :D hahahaha

6. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006
    he isn't so good.
    instead of it, spanish player ESCUDERO is superb.

can't wait the day he joins japanese youth NT

7. Midorit

Midorit Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Tokyo
    Should he become a Japanese citizen,he'll have to write his name in Kanji,right?This looks much harder than the simple predecessors like Ramos or Lopez.I can't write in Japanese now but does anyone have thought how to write his name?

8. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    no...i just like havenaar coz he looks good

9. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    ESCUDERO, great, more foreigners in the set up

10. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    where is he from? sounds dutch

11. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006
    yes he is dutch

12. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006
    omg i can't find his name from u-19 japan's squad for the next tournament

13. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    no...no hot face on the squad!!!!

14. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The more multiculturalistic talent Blue Heaven gets, the better. Adds more of a punch to the squad.

15. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    Considering Cullen was born and bred in Japan :cool:
    And Santos has lived in japan since he was 14

16. Saugatak

Saugatak New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Southern California
    If you keep adding gaijin at this rate, Japan's NT will be indistinguishable from France NT. :D

17. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006
    gaijin(=foreigner)?

he has japanese nationality and was rasied in japan.
    he is japanese without a doubt.

18. ACkenji

ACkenji Member

Jan 13, 2002
    :rolleyes::p

19. Saugatak

Saugatak New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Southern California
    O really, I had no idea. Gee, I'm sorry for insulting the Japaneseness of Mike Havenaar san.

Let me rephrase:

If you keep adding 1st generation Japanese at this rate, Japan's NT will be indistinguishable from France NT. :D

20. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006
    its cool

the japanese NTs have yellow, black and white players

21. ACkenji

ACkenji Member

Jan 13, 2002
    1st generation Japanese?:confused:
    There is no Japanese interested in such a thing. ;)

22. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think Mike Havenaar'parents are so-called first-generation Dutch-Japanese. So Mike Havenaar is second-generation Dutch-Japanese. Alex is first-generation Brazilian-Japanese.
    Anyway Japanese are Japanese.
    Contary to your delusion, Japan NT dosen't have more than one first-generation Brazilian-Japanese at a time in the past.
    You are delusional man.

And Mike Havenaar is not Japan NT player, only selected as youth NT. He will or will not become Japan NT player in the future. Many youth NT players can not become NT players. Japan NT has no second-generation Japanese(though bit strange expression).
    Current rate is not enough Japan to become like French NT. It will require Japan become far more opend society.

But anyway
    Yes for Japanese , Japanese are Japanese. We support Japan NT and our players.

23. Saugatak

Saugatak New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Southern California
    I think it's great that Japan is so open-minded.

I'm looking forward to the day when Japan's NT hits the field and thousands of patriotic Japanese in the stands cheer on 11 players originally of Dutch or Brazilian descent, led by the phenomenal Brazilian-Japanese Escudero, as they take Asia by storm.

24. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Japan is not so much open-minded. Japan has a problem in discrimination. There are Japanese who don't like these things . So against your insults, I feel the necessity of showing my support to our players and Japan NT.