Migra and May 1st [NSR]

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by efernandez9, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: Migra and May 1st

if that's true, then that's just one more step in the right direction, that means that they can start the legalization and it will be easier for them. But you know what? the vast majority of the ones who were out there marching don't, the ones that do were the ones that didn't show up.

2. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I've never said that the poverty problem doesn't exists, but first it is not our topic of discussion and second at the end it is originated by the same culprits: bad governments and greedy corporations. You want to find why people in appalachia or in Detroit are living in poverty. Look at all the car and steel factories in China. The government allows it and the corporations are happy to move to cheaper labor markets.... If you think that corruption is only on the latin american side, then you haven't been paying attention last six years...About public assistance somehow only teaches people that somebody else will take care and a lot of those people become addicted to it. I've always wondered why some of those "poor" folks don't move from the getho to the farms to make a living.... But that is not the topic of discussion here.

Now, when you blame migrants of not having ambitions, so you consider risking your life through the desert and/or sea/river and then risk being enslaved and also prosecuted only to be able to send money for their families to make a better living, being conformist? I would like to see to what extends would you go to help your family... It must be amazing what you can do.:rolleyes:

On the part about undesirables, even when people was entering the US in a controlled way some crooks and bandits make its way in (Remember Cadiz's Butcher - Hitch?) It is impossible to some extent to prevent a few bad apples, but most of the people are honest workers that only come here looking for the American Dream. Like you or your parents or your grandparents did. And I don't know where you live, but last week I was in Little Havannah and saw plenty of citizens talking in spanish... As a matter of fact, the only one that did not speak spanish was the bus driver:p

At the end the solution is not to close the border, since it is impossible, but to control who enters and to update the rules for the new reality that we are facing.

3. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

one reason: it cost 256million a year to provide health services to us born kids from ilegal emigrants in orange county alone!

economics.....?