Miglioranzi Released?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by RHSOCCER23, Nov 13, 2006.

1. RHSOCCER23

RHSOCCER23 Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. thespian89

thespian89 Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Yeah, I had read an article earlier this week and saw he played full 90 for them. I guess he was released.

3. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Not much of a loss for us.

4. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he has been, it could be a signal that one of our other internationals could be left unprotected this week in the expansion draft. I'm trying to remember who they are - not Marshall, who has a green card, maybe Nagamura, who is a SYI, Cornell Glen or Ante Jazic. Jazic will be protected, for sure, I would think, but either Nagamura or Glen are candidates for the unprotected list.

5. LA Red

LA Red New Member

Oct 14, 2005
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reading the previous updates on Glen, it seems like that guy doesn't even want to stay with the G's. So screw that guy, let Glen go and protect Nagamura.

6. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he needs to not be realeased just so we can leave him unprotected for the expansion draft, the list has already been turned in I beleive. We will know on friday I guess.

7. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stefani, we hardly knew ye'

9. CDM76

CDM76 Member+

May 9, 2006
    Socal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be very surprised if he's been released unless Nags counts as a SI. Since he's under 25, I don't think he does.

I agree with Burden. You hold on to Migs, even/especially if you don't want him to leave him unprotected in the expansion draft so you don't risk Jazic and Glen.

There's nothing on the Galaxy site about Migs being released but then it doesn't say anything about him being signed either.:cool:

10. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I think the list is due today, and the draft must be complete by Friday. Also there's no rule that says you can't protect all your internationals - it just says you can't leave more than one unprotected. So releasing Migs doesn't have any bearing on whether we protect Jazic, Glen, or Nags (if he counts as SI for draft purposes). It just gives us the option of leaving one of those guys unprotected (if Migs is released), and protecting someone else, a non-international, instead.

11. CDM76

CDM76 Member+

May 9, 2006
    Socal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Flapjack, thanks for the correction.

Looking forward to seeing the list.

12. RHSOCCER23

RHSOCCER23 Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    An excerpt from lasoccernews.com:

"The former Swindon Town standout was recently given permission to play as a trialist with the Columbus Crew in a friendly against Guatemalan side Municipal but is still under contract with the Galaxy."

http://lasoccernews.com/article.php?article_id=721