Midfield quandary

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by markspence02, Oct 7, 2007.

1. markspence02

markspence02 New Member

Aug 10, 2001
    Fort Worth
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's assume that if Richetti was available last night he would have started and Serioux would probably have played on the back line.

Therefore, based on our assumption our midfield would have looked like this:

Denilson ---- Toja ---- Richetti ----- Alvarez

I know Denilson & Toja have essentially one-year contracts. What does Richetti's contract look like? If his is a one-year as well, than we could potentially lose three of our midfielders this off-season.

Personally, I like Dax and think we wouldn't lose too much if he moves in as a starter, but who do we have to replace the other two? This makes it that much more important to secure Toja's contract in the off-season.

2. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ricchetti isn't going anywhere. He likes it here and he isn't too expensive.

I think it might not be too bad to play with a 3 man back line and have two d-mids

Moor-------Goodson--------???
    ------Serioux-------Richetti------
    Alvarez------Denilson/Dax------Toja
    ----Cooper/Thompson-----Ruiz/Oduro----

3. theodore

theodore Member

Nov 7, 2003
    YES! I took the annoying liberty of inserting an outside back, who I think will turn it around this year.

I think that this lineup puts our best 11 on the field TODAY. Great suggestion. On the left, I have confidence in Toja's ability to track back. On the right, I think that Alvarez's pace would keep opposing defenses honest. As for getting through the middle of the field in one piece, forget it. Machetti and Serioux would destroy you.

I do think it has to be Dax in the middle, but you could have a lot of options sliding other personnel around if you put Toja in a central role.

4. phipsi348

phipsi348 New Member

Sep 10, 2007
    Dallas
    This is a thought more for next year, but what about Wallace at left back? I know he's young, but he's tall and fast. His lapses in marking wouldn't hurt us anymore than Gbandi's fouls/cards. On the other hand, if we don't pick Denilson up for next year, Dax could replace him and we could use that money to secure Toja and acquire a more experienced/higher calliber left back.

5. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our midfield is easy as Serioux proved last night that he's most comfortable in the center of midfield.
    ---------------Toja-------------

-----Ricchetti---------Serioux--

6. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    As leaky as FCD's defence is, two defensive M/F payers would appear to be the minimum requirement and the only hope this team has in the play-offs.

7. markspence02

markspence02 New Member

Aug 10, 2001
    Fort Worth
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where does Alvarez fit in this? If this is our midfield triangle, what is our formation?

8. jeffenbauer

jeffenbauer Member

Jul 17, 2002
    dallas, tx
    too late for this season but, for next year I do like Serioux better in dmid. I think having him and ricchetti with Toja in front would be a nice line up. That does leave Dax out though.

However, if Serioux moves to mid, I would slide Moor over to partner goodson and put Dax at RB. Dax is certainly a solid mid in MLS but, I think he could be a stud at RB.

9. jeffenbauer

jeffenbauer Member

Jul 17, 2002
    dallas, tx
    he would fit in as one of the 3 attackers, like he does now.

10. markspence02

markspence02 New Member

Aug 10, 2001
    Fort Worth
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now we have three attackers, two wing (oduro & Alvarez) and one target stricker (Ruiz). However, when Cooper returns to the field, I think that will change. Cooper is not a wing attacker - I think we will go back to a more traditional two forward formation.

11. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is playing up top in a wing forward position. Up top it would look like this:

-------Cooper---------

Alvarez--------Oduro---

12. kingME D

kingME D Member

Jun 24, 2007
    dallas TX
    screw that wheres ruiz!?

13. zharkins

zharkins New Member

May 21, 2007
    Ruiz would be posting up on the bench and faking injury during the halftime sub warmups.

14. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the bench where his unfit overrated arse belongs.