Mid Year Signings / Transfers

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by j1mbr0wn, Jul 14, 2009.

1. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, so far, three official signings:

Condoul
    Krupnik
    Obster

What do you think about the impact of these players to the rest of the season?

While not all that sexy or spectacular, I think the signings are better than the replacements (assuming Condoul for Conway, Obster for Smith, and Krupnik for Goldy/Mendes on crutches.)

Am I happy? Not really. But this season is over, and if these guys prove to be more of the same (which I suspect 2 of the 3 will be), I'm pretty sure that we'll be seeing a new coach, new manager, and a new stadium all at the same time. Which is what I think is the plan anyway.

2. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They'll have an impact.

like a car going 100 mph into a brick wall.

3. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh, the car is already totalled, and the innocent bystanders are all rolling around the ground trying to put out the flames they are engulfed in.

I see these guys as a few raindrops on the situation, not gasoline. The shoe I'm waiting for is this Serbian guy. If we sign him, I think he may be the biggest bust of the lot. I have no real expectations of these three, so they probably won't disappoint.

4. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's becoming clear that the plan is exactly that; maybe not from the beginning, but certainly now.

5. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since Obster is here can Khano finally be shown the door?

6. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    signings can't be worse than some of the ones we had so I am optimistic... kinda of. I just don't want to be embarassed in the CONCACAF Champions League

7. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia

Off the top of my head, even if you go back to when they were the MetroStars, I cannot think of any players who were late signings that played a major role on the team.

8. idriveavw

idriveavw BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 15, 2008
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i don't know much about Krupnik, but Condoul should be a good substitute for Conway (or at the very least a lateral move for less money) and i am optimistic about Öbster. hell, they could sign my 10 year old brother and he'd get the start over khano

9. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, so far, three official signings:

Condoul
    Krupnik
    Obster

WHO?????? :eek:

10. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right! I'm still waiting for our Guishermo Barros-Schellotto, which Osorio refuses to even look for.

OSORIO OUT!!!

11. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I freakin hope so.

Like I said, these three seem to be an improvement. However, it's like going from quicksand to mud. I don't see how the team is all of a sudden going to be a winning machine.

12. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Condoul, who just had an arthroscopic "procedure" on his knee this past week. Is a lateral move that's it. I seriously doubt this guy signed for significantly less than Conway.

The rest are just traffic cones that the next regime will have to deal with once they get in. Or at least we are all hoping that will be the case. Hopefully there are no "guaranteed contracts" with this bunch of pine riders and has-beens.

Big fat meh from me. Another season passes by and no academy players moving to the senior team. Less "fans" in the seats at games more apathy. Season's over stick a fork in it.

13. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    That's my thinking, that they can be worst of what we have, so, they will not disappoint...

14. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry but I dpn't see any differnce makers with these new guys.

15. odsum5387

odsum5387 Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Krupnik: I'm not totally willing to commit either way to this one yet, but am hopeful. Maccabi Haifa is a solid club and Krupnik played 30 matches last year. He already understands the way things work in the US and really wanted to come back home. Seems like a good signing on the surface, but of course the proof is in the pudding. By the way, it appears that he turns 30 today.

Bouna: I don't see how this can possibly be a bad move and I've outlined my position elsewhere. To summarize, he's a younger upgrade over Conway, making less, and a local guy. Not much to dislike there for me, (especially given Conway's attitude after the suspension.)

Öbster: He's young and plays a position where the team needs a lot of help. The reports of him being a little undersized and not very physical are troubling, but I'll take a wait and see approach.

Paunovic: I'm not a fan of this one due to the injury history, recent retirement, and the fact that he bounced around a lot of clubs. That said, the team sorely needs a playmaker and maybe he has enough in the tank to help out in the CCL this year. As long as they don't sign him to a guaranteed deal it could be a gamble worth taking, although I still odn't think it's a wise decision.

16. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JCO and Agoos are making the personnel decisions, so of course they're going to suck balls

17. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

From left to right (starting with top row first)

Obster
    Bouna
    Krupnik (yellow due to many doubts surrounding him)
    Paunovic (fallen due to hamstring injury incurred during training)

18. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice.:D

19. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Exactly, that's why they will not disappoint, because we know before hands that they are garbages too.. I have little hope in Obster so, but who knows...

20. Kidtelex

Kidtelex New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't EXPECT anything from these signings either, but what I HOPE is that Krupnik will help bolster some depth for CCL and the rest of the season and hopefully plug the holes that have caused late half meltdowns. what I HOPE is that Obster will be that left foot we've been missing ever sicne DVB was traded.

do I EXPECT any of this to come into fruition? no.

21. jtrex

jtrex Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Providence
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is from Ives about a year and a half ago... we'll see.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2008/04/red-bulls-upd-1.html

About Ernst Obster

So who exactly is Ernst Obster? The name has popped up in recent reports linking him to the Red Bulls. The name didn't click right away for me but after being reminded of where I had seen him play, it all came back to me.

Obster was the best player on the field for either team when the Red Bull Salzburg reserves faced the Red Bulls in the scrimmage that left Dane Richards injured and both teams trading ugly tackles. Obster stood out because while his teammates (and the visitors from NY) were engaging in a physical battle, he was pulling off some sweet moves from midfield.

Obster delivered a pair of blasts that nearly found net, one which powered off the crossbar and another that forced a great save by Jon Conway. He floated into different spots in midfield and showed good control in tight spaces and a deft passing touch.

Jeff Agoos watched the show from the Salzburg practice facility and didn't need help identifying the most impressive player on the Salzburg reserves. Now the New York Red Bulls want to add Obster.

Will it happen? When I spoke to a Salzburg source about Obster during my trip to Austria I was told that Obster was a pretty highly-regarded prospect. Is Salzburg really ready to part with a top prospect in a loan deal?

More importantly for Red Bulls fans, where could he play? Obster would be best suited for the slot behind the forwards in Osorio's preferred 3-4-1-2 formation and his passing and dangerous shot could make him an impact player in MLS.

22. guanaco20

guanaco20 Member

Mar 6, 2008
    North Bergen
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    So the deadline of July 15th for contracts comes and goes and Deadbulls still have that turd Khano Smith on their roster. When will they ever get something right in this organization????

23. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the passing of the July 15th deadline, Khano's contract is NOW GUARANTEED!!

therefore

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4KhU-GIPJY[/ame]

KHANO WINS!!

By the way... that poor schmuck getting his heart ripped out? That's Red Bull Corp after paying tons of $$$ to this traffic cone.....

24. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    <beating a dead horse>.

When the two @ssholes are fired.

25. cthomer5000

cthomer5000 Member+