Mid-Field Training

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by bigbrooklynlou, Jul 8, 2005.

1. bigbrooklynlou

bigbrooklynlou New Member

Oct 7, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Ok, wheres Stogey :)

I've been training Scoring for 2 seasons now and have acuumulated 4 formids and 2 excellents. By the end of the season I should have 2 Outstandings and 4 Formids.

I will probably be demoted back to div 6 and I want to start training Midfield once I land there.

Questions:

1. At the start of next season should I sell 4 of the strikers and use the money for 17 yo PMs?

- or -

should I continue training strikers, sell the older ones, by 17 yo trainiees, and just buy midfielders?

2. 2 of my Formids are 20 yo. Is it worth traioning them still or should I sell them now that they have popped to formid?

2. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I might buy a couple of solid 17's at the end of this season so you can train their stamina suring the offseason.

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what I've done in the past, especially since they are usually cheaper at that time of the season.

4. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If I were you, I would keep both outstandings and 1 formid as a back up, sell off the rest and buy trainess (like was said, buy them before season's end so u can build up their stamina during the offseason)...

The reason I say switch to midfield is because as you ascend, you will always need better midfielders... i'm holding my own in a tough d5 series with a horrid central attack because my midfield is maybe top 4-5. Also, you dont and wont have the cash necessary to buy enough good midfielders to upgrade your midfield to make it dv ready unless you sell ALL of your trainees and even so, you will probably still need to upgrade midfield again in 2 seasons. however, imo 2 outstanding strikers is more than enough firepower for DV (I just drew the top team while picing with 2 solid strikers), IF you have the midfield to supply them.

As for your 20yo formids... that is a tough call... I would train forward until your 20yo's pop again... dont worry about training forward into the beginning of next season, you will be fine... just pick up 6IM trainees if u can afford to (you can get a 17yo inad fairly cheaply and 18yo's are even cheaper, just be sure to get atleast 1 or 2 Glamour trainees with passing as a secondary for when u need to sell and upgrade your defence) before the season ends and train stamina in the offseason and then sell off your forwards as soon as the 20yo's pop to outstanding... dont sell off the outstandings, just the formids/excellents that u have left in your program.

5. bigbrooklynlou

bigbrooklynlou New Member

Oct 7, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Ok, when training midfielders, do I also need to pick up 4 wingers as well? Or do they not partake of the PM training.

What is a good PM trainee? I know what makes a good scoring trainee. What should I look for in secondary skills beside PM?

Also, what is a good price for a 17yo Solid PM come end of season

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't really train the wing, but some do, wingers get 50% PM training.

Passing is the secondary to look for.

7. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I'm not a fan of switching training programs, you aren't getting the most out of your scoring training to switch now. You will outgrow your remaining forwards in a couple years and have to buy new ones. More importantly, you won't be making enough money off the ones you sell now at formidable.

Maybe sell a couple at outstandings to make your midfield more competitive (buy 2 out Midfielders) but take 2-3 to brilliant or higher.

Ditch the 20yos and re-start with 17 yo passables with inad passing..

8. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    good points phillips but while u say he'll outgrow his forwards in 2 years I disagree, outstandings are enough for dv and probably enough for some d4s... if he's demoting to d6 then u have to give him 1 season to get back up to 5 and then atleast 2-3 to get to 4... by the time he gets to the stage where he can get to d4 or make a move for promotion into d4 he will likely have sold off 1 set of trainees already.

Lou... I keep starting wingers (sometimes I feel the need to play an IM on a wing and play him towards the middle) and play trainee's w/ passable or solid winger skill on the wing in my friendlies (I'm experimenting right now w/ an 18yo outstanding winger who is only poor PM, but I figure, by the time he's 25/26 and has loads of experience he will probably be close to excellent or formid in PM, in which case he'd be one of my best players)

9. fcsg

fcsg New Member

Apr 22, 2005
    On the other hand, if he switches training programs now he'll exactly miss the part of the training that is the most profitable. While your strategy is focused on training for the team's own needs, Phillips' strategy aims to make the most money out of the training, which can then be re-invested in the squad. Personally, I don't have enough experience to judge what's better, but at least there is a difference in goals.

10. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    spot on... good point fcsg the appropriate question here is... what are the age and skill levels and approximate levels of training (within the level, say halfway to outstanding etc.) of each of your trainees...

If the oldest are 20 then he should stick with what he has, as they will train up relatively fast, if he has like 2 guys who are 21/22 who have one pop left before they start taking forever to pop, he might as well switch now.