Michael Moore: Bush and the 7 Deadly Questions

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Mel Brennan, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just make sure you get it published by a large media conglomerate who also owns a cable news network that seems to possess the opposite views of your book. Then get into a public "spat" with said network, thus getting plenty of free publicity, sending sales through the roof and making you a hero amongst your ideological cohorts!

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do elaborate, please.

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you familiar with a lot of his stuff??

Ah forget it, it probably appeals to you like Rush or O'Reilly does to Ian McCracken.

5. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    You obviously feel strongly about this. It should be child's play for you to at least come up with an example of Palast's alleged irrationality, shouldn't it?

6. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I am familiar with what I've seen off his website, heard in various interviews, and so on.
    I'm familiar with the fact that the BBC thinks enough of him to put him on Newsnight - for all the BBC's problems, it's still a better news organization, IMO, (full disclosure: I worked there as an intern for a bit) than anything we've got here.

And I didn't say I believed everything he writes chapter and verse, anyway. I brought him into this thread because people are tending to go after Michael Moore instead of dealing with the issues he's bringing up; fair enough - Palast has been touching on the same things for months now, and I prefer Palast to Moore. I'd like to see your evidence for pronouncing him totally uncredible, outside of your antipathy towards his slant.

7. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france
    Bush is the the smartest president of the US ever, keep your eyes open like now that's perfect and you can do better, maybe in few years you can vote for you new californian governor: Shwarzie...

So funny,...
    but so, so sad...

8. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    tick tock tick tock...

don't hold your breath; Palast's analysis is remarkably on point...you won't find Dante or anyone else here coming up with much, if anything, to discredit him and/or what he's said...