Michael Bradley

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Trackman20, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Trackman20

Trackman20 Member

May 14, 2003
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This young man had a few good looks on the national team in their final warmups for the 2006 World Cup and really got my attention as a big time American International to watch for in the future. He has fallen off of my radar since returning to Heerenveen, so I guess I'm just looking for an update on his season.

Any takers?

2. Hed7181

Hed7181 Member

Jul 1, 2003
    VA Beach, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was with the U21s for their WC qualifying. His dad is actually the head coach of the national team now, so you know he's still on the radar.

Right now his focus is on U21 WC this summer and club of course. It is not unlikely that he might see some time with the mens team with all the regional tournaments on the schedule.

As for his club performance, I can't give any details, but from reports I've read on here he is getting regular playing time and starting many times as well. He seems to be doing very well at Heerenveen.

3. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    My impression is his season at Heerenveen has been pretty decent.

He has been a relatively frequent starter and regular off the bench when he doesn't start. He's definately getting enough first team minutes that he's not stagnating.

But he hasn't yet been about to grab a starting role and made it his own. In the games he starts, it not uncommon that he's the one taken off for a 60th minute substitute.

From trying to read the tea leaves, he seems to be on the track to "solid" but maybe not "star" in the eyes of Heerenveen. Of course, he's still very young, so that could change.

4. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    He actually wasn't with the U-20's for qualifying as Heerenveen wouldn't release him. Which I suppose should be considered a sign of how highly they think of him.

His teammate Robbie Rogers however was released for qualifying.

5. mundial

mundial Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Hed7181

Hed7181 Member

Jul 1, 2003
    VA Beach, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution