Michael Bradley is good - sorry ditractors

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by DempC, Sep 10, 2007.

1. BarefootWonder11

BarefootWonder11 New Member

Sep 10, 2007
    Tennessee
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well said ant0n

2. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For a 12 year old maybe.

And for the record, Adu isn't the best US player, even in whatever drug induced parallel universe he lives in...

3. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you mean cost us the game? Are you related to Gooch? Go home and find another name to sign on with.

4. DempC

DempC Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Altidore is injured and is a striker. So even if he were healthy and didn't get called up, nepotism wouldn't be the reason b/c Bradley and Altidore aren't competing for the same position.

Adu I believe is another matter all together. I think that goes higher than Bradley. I totally agree that he should be getting called up to the senior squad. But he's always been given the cold shoulder with the USMNT. Something much worse than nepotism is up with that.

5. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guess what Michael Bradley received his first callup for Arena prior to last year's WC, when nobody even knew who Altidore was. He was going to high school down at Bradenton.

Freddie was two years younger, not even starting in MLS. Seems like you have troll written all over you.

6. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do they play the same position, No. Adu is not a holding/defensive midfielder.

7. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no but feilhaber can play that role. he did so against ecuador.

8. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His future is not as the holding midfielder, it is a the playmaker. Freddie is going to be fighting DMB and Feilhaber for playing time.

9. BarefootWonder11

BarefootWonder11 New Member

Sep 10, 2007
    Tennessee
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever the facts are Bradley today is probably as good as Altidore or Adu. I understand he starts for his club and Adu hasnt even started regularly in the MLS but he does not have nearly the potential as the other two. But i can say in important matches he puts in an amazing amount of effort. Sometimes adu can be caught standing but when he is going all out he is brilliant and by far our best
    u20

10. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what are you smoking??? freddy is gonna play either slightly behind our forward with donovan behind him and feilhaber behind him. feilhaber is not a playmaker he is a guy who distributes the ball. you guys are just in love with the father-son story that are the bradley's . thats pathetic. let me just ask u this. who's our best player? don't make me laugh by saying it's dempsey or feilhaber. and definitely not junior. you guys are seriously a bunch of imbeciles for writing this crap.

11. DempC

DempC Member

Jul 31, 2007
    I merely commented on Adu not being called up for reasons other than nepotism.

Whatever the case Adu should be getting called up into the squad. Anyone who does not see this does not know football. World cup is in 2010. Adu will be at a prime age (20-21). We must act on this opportunity now. He is as good or better than most people on the squad and has shown flashes where he's way ahead of all of them. Screw the hierachy and embrace youth talent like they do everywhere else in the world where they actually know football.

12. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they embrace youth talent hear too as you can see from the exposure he got when he signed with mls at 14 and all the kids that followed like lebron, wie etc. there something wrong at the federation. whoever is the culprit should be taken out to the back.

13. mercury3164

mercury3164 Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Manhattan
    Um...considering that benny didn't have a very good game yesterday and mikey did have a good game, I think the sub was completey justifiable. Bradley played better than Benny yessterday.

In the future they will be a great tandem in the midfield, but they need to learn more about each other, as Benny stated in the quote sheet after the match.

14. mercury3164

mercury3164 Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Manhattan
    don't worry man...WC ain't for 3 years he will be called up it's still early and he just moved clubs...he'll start getting callups soon enough

15. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought he looked pretty good yesterday.

16. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ya until he started making stupid tackles as always.

17. Firefan

Firefan Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Ohio
    Bradley's best attribute is his tireless work rate. He's a liability with the ball. Unfortunately, his effort and hustle are often his biggest problem as he constantly runs himself right out of position. Watch him do this at midfield yesterday on Brasil's first goal that went in off Gooch.

18. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good point. yes it's all good that he can run forever but that just half of the game.

19. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As others have said: if we had any other 20-year-old starting for one of the better clubs in the Eredivisie, people would be clamoring for him to go straight into our starting lineup. It's interesting that some of the same people crying nepotism now were previously calling for Jay Demerit to go straight into the lineup the minute Watford was promoted to the EPL.

20. toh2007

toh2007 Member

Jun 4, 2007

Bradley was amazing on the ball yesterday. The most composed i have ever seen him. Brasil's first goal was just brilliant passing.

Feilhaber was nowhere to be found yesterday other than a few good passes.

Adu is not our best player, but he should be called up for the squad at least.

21. rochester rhinos

rochester rhinos New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    under a pipal tree
    Bradley put one of his best performances in at least since the gold cup.Also if he has beeen given such a chance why not a Maurice EDU.Ricardo Clark Bob already knows what he can do.Whos to say that in a year or two Freddy is our best player

22. DempC

DempC Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Bradley is one of the most composed players on the ball on the squad. Your opinion is simply wrong.

23. DempC

DempC Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Have to be forward-thinking. Intl football schedules are sparse. Over the course of 2.5 years, not a huge # of games are played.

We have a lazy attitude with our young players and are still in the college mode mentality. While the rest of the footballing world is embracing their youth talent, we're still making ours "put in their dues." Break the mold. Take risks.

24. stryker29

stryker29 Member

Oct 2, 2006
    For as much soccer knowledge on this board, it is amazing that so many people miss on Bradley. It boils down to the fact that many posters are just JEALOUS. Probably alot of you Bradley haters were passed over and cut from the "A" team. Probably you were passed over by the coach's son. Ask the soccer experts,e-mail them and post their response. Bradlry is just that good. He's a better soccer player than you, he's better looking than you, he makes more money than you, etc. Deal with it and get over your jealousy. Looking forward to many years of him scrapping it out in the middle for the Nats. Oh yea, I'll take hustle and heart over primadonna step-over lazy talent any day. I'll take the steak and you can have the sizzle, yours plays on Sportscenter, mine plays in the World Cup.

25. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've always wondered how people can measure who's better Bradley or Clark. What is your basis, national team performances or club play? I'm under the opinion that its very difficult to compare the two. I think they are totally different players. Clark is a classic box-to-box 2-way midfielder (aka a poor man's Gerrard) who's role is dictated on the flow of the game and the opponents game plan. Clark, for example, can quickly shift into a D-mid or holding midfield type role if the opposition is pressing forward in numbers and his team is under pressure. However, if his team is controlling the flow of the attack, his dangerous passing, fluid movement and accurate shot can turn a game around and he becomes a #10. Bradley on the other hand, is a D-mid through and through. He's Mastro's replacement. His role is a distroyer, to get under the skin of the opposition, and disrupt any way possible. Bradley is limited going forward but can and does occasionally spark an attack or sneak in with a shot. At Heereveen he's also developed a fairly accurate diagonal long ball which I don't think he's used much for the Nats. But nonetheless, my point is, I don't understand why people want to see Clark over Bradley or visa versa. They are different players. The shout should be to see these two together.

I would honestly like to see a 3-5-2 with the midfield looking like this:

---------------Clark---------------Bradley------------------

----Dempsey-------------Feilhaber------------Beasley--------