Michael Bradley for Qatar

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by NietzscheIsDead, Jul 25, 2022.

1. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    He’s playing very well right now and would be extremely useful as a backup 6. I can’t think of another player who would be a better fit with the roster as a backup to Tyler Adams. Bradley has a lot to offer that is different to Tyler, but is still willing to put in defensive work. While he may not have the speed of Adams, he is an incredibly smart player who will contribute and has contributed in huge games, scoring some of the most important goals in the history of the program.

Call the man in.

edcrocker repped this.
  2. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i didnt think anything could be dumber than excellency/mckennie, but apparently i was wrong.

superdave, JonFarts and Chesco United repped this.
  3. dams

dams Member+

United States
    Dec 22, 2018
    Dude is trolling

JonFarts and TheEmptyBucket repped this.
  4. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now I know why I don't check my phone first thing in the morning.

Bajoro, comoesa, dlokteff and 1 other person repped this.
  5. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    I’d like to see him get a farewell friendly before he retires.

Bajoro and Chesco United repped this.
  6. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    Which player offers more than Bradley?

The guy is playing really well.

7. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    trolling cant be dumb?

8. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NO MORE MICHAEL BRADLEY, NEW OR OLD, NO MORE BRADLEYS FOR USMNT

On a serious note, it's time to move on. He was part of the past poor cycle and he is not playing well enough or is there a need.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  9. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I'm as much of a Bradley defender as there is on these boards. I think he's unfairly been made a scapegoat for the 2018 team, which seems to have erased from history all of his work the decade prior to that for club and country.

But we've moved on...................................

He shows flashes. But what made Michael Bradley special in his prime was an otherwordly motor.
    He covered more distance than any player on any team in 2014WC group play. In a Brazilian rain forest.
    Go back and just focus on Michael Bradley in that game against Portugal. Unbelievable.
    Michael Bradley covers most distance of any player in World Cup group play - Sports Illustrated

He doesn't have that anymore. He's smart and can make bursts like we saw this past weekend. He's not an international caliber player any longer, though. We can take him as an assistant coach, but that's the only way he's going to make it.

Bajoro, Pl@ymaker, dlokteff and 7 others repped this.
  10. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    About 8 years too late for his inclusion. Peak Michael Bradley would have been great on this team. But he’s definitely lost a step (and probably more) since that time.

Pl@ymaker and Chesco United repped this.
  11. laxcoach

laxcoach Member+

United States
    Jul 29, 2017
    intermountain west
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. Just no. So many reasons why; no.

comoesa, eric_appleby and Chesco United repped this.
  12. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    The back up to Tyler Adams is only needed for moments. 15 minutes here, maybe thirty minutes there, maybe 60 minutes in a huge pinch.

Today’s Michael Bradley cannot show up and bust butt for that period of time? He can’t be a great resource for the young guys that will be experiencing their first World Cup?

Bradley was fantastic in both 2010 and 2014 and has always showed up in our biggest games.

If it comes down to Acosta vs. Bradley, I’m interested in kicking the tires on MB.

edcrocker and The Clientele repped this.
  13. Three and Three

Three and Three Member+

Sep 13, 2015
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    No farewell match for him or for anyone. The team is now an all-business proposition, one which draws from a deep pool. Give him a Rolex before some match and tell him to go back to the luxury box and impress everyone with his affectations.

wixson7 and GreedyG repped this.
  14. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    He’s still good enough to contribute in a friendly, though. I always appreciated the way Klinsmann gave Donovan a final game even after their bumpy history, and even if Bradley doesn’t quite rise to the level of deserving one eventually we’ll have another player that does. In that case I definitely think there is room for such gestures in the international game.

15. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    2010 and 2014 was a long time ago.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy it. I don't believe his performance level is as good right now as you think it is.
    We'll have to agree to disagree.

16. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    I don’t think that anyone is paying attention to him to know if he’s playing well or not.

Toronto FC just rolled out their new signings and it was Bradley who stole the show.

17. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you been paying attention prior to this weekend and the Italian Imports playing? Also, they played an expansion team at home. An expansion team that is NOT good on the road, and not all that good in general. He's largely been a traffic cone in central midfield for the past two plus seasons. The US would have to completely change how they want to play in order to cover for his deficiencies. TFC usually gets murdered by teams out wide due to them having to have two midfielders provide cover for MB in the center of the park so he doesn't get over ran constantly.

russ repped this.
  18. GreedyG

GreedyG Member

Dec 9, 2020
    That’s funny, my son was just asking about Back Pass Bradley tonight. And then I saw this thread. Crazy that he still playing. I had no idea. Hard pass!

JonFarts and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  19. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Tactically, the US have moved beyond the need for this type of player at the 6.

20. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MB is 35 years old in 3 days.

21. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MB playing for us in Qatar would be exactly the sort of madcap managerial move that would recreate The Spirit of '98.......Or even worse, it would be a production of "Couva Never Dies". .If I'm GGG, I'd be more interested in The Spirit of '02.

Bajoro and MarioKempes repped this.
  22. RefIADad

RefIADad Member+

United States
    Aug 18, 2017
    Des Moines, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread got 20 replies. I’m guessing that’s mission accomplished.

Hararea and wixson7 repped this.
  23. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    It looks like Acosta and Berhalter are bro’s, so I doubt he cares much what MB is doing, but it would be interesting to see an MB spell with this group…even as a bit player who’s enter purpose is to give Adams rest.

24. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bradley??? Where's the Bedoya thread??? He's playing arguably the best football of his career this season.......he'd also be a great locker room leader and presence,

25. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    How is Bedoya playing this year? Bradley is also a locker room leader and presence.