MiB Tournament: Group A Matchday 1

Discussion in 'Orlando City SC' started by Macsen, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    gdt-20200708.jpg

Is this really happening? Is soccer finally going to come back?

It's not the way we wanted it, but hey, it's something.

One positive is that the Lions have not experienced any positive COVID-19 tests amongst the team.

Although the catering leaves a lot to be desired (not the least of which is the exorbitant prices that the players themselves are being asked to pay), MLS does have the run of two of the most iconic Disney resort hotels, the Swan and Dolphin just outside Epcot.

Seriously, you can walk to Epcot from either one. It puts you right by the UK exhibit in World Showcase. As an MDA Telethon veteran, I've walked that many times in the 90s.

Not that it matters for those in the MLS bubble, mind you...

This is the first regular-season match between two Florida MLS teams in 19 years. The last time that happened was May 26, 2001, when the Miami Fusion beat the Tampa Bay Mutiny, 4-0, in front of 12,988 fans at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa.

Miami took the home match the previous week on May 19, beating the Mutiny, 3-1, in front 12,412 at Lockhart Stadium in Fort Lauderdale.

Who knew the next one would be in front of no fans?

Ray Hudson's boys would at least head into oblivion with the Supporters' Shield

With a potential regular season restart looming, and a shot at the CONCACAF Champions League right in front of us, I've always been of the position that these restarts truly are anybody's game. We have just as much of a shot as any other team. We just need to put forth the effort, and see if we've learned anything about taking advantage of our chances and finishing in the past four months.

2. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    GOD I hate to say this, but I hope you win tonight.

3. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oc-resultes-20200708.png

In the end, not a terrible match. Still plenty of opportunities in the first half that we really could've converted on.