Miami v. Charleston - April 11 (R)

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Mikey mouse, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    tomorrow is the kick off to the big dance.

Im thinking Auggie has to make it happen this year or it might be his last chance. With that in mind, he looks to have definately upgraded the squad from last season.

The entire back line looks like it has be upgraded tremendously. They already look organized and solid.

The midfield has some great new comers in Alonso Spicer, and Kenja. Add in Armstrong, Richardson and Lazo and it looking pretty good.

Up front More is supposed to be the one to watch and I have no doubt he will bag a few but patterson is looking to be a real threat. he has scored from all over the place and at least once in every match he has played IIRC

Dusty and Wiggins will do well in the pipes

Dont know much about the competition but I know they signed a pretty good Brazilan forward in the off season. well see how good the back line is I think.

Im going to go with a Battery win 2-0 Patterson and Spicer with the goals.

If you want the match is avaialble on streaming video at www.usllive.com for a fee. I havent seen anything about radio yet but I ll do some digging around.

also we started a chat board last season and it was pretty popular for a few matches. Ill be in there if anyone wants to chat during the match.
    http://e10gear.googlepages.com/home

Up the Battery!!!

mikey

2. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Andrew Miller posted a preview article on his blog, he said it might not make the paper due to space issues.

Here is the link
    http://www.charleston.net/blogs/battery/2008/apr/11/BatteryBlog/

also I cant find confirmation but it looks like Real 1340am will have the Battery games again this year. I usually watch the USLlive but hearing Andrew on the radio if im driving some where is nice.

3. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I can wait, finally the season begins and for I been looking the Battery look one of the strongest team this year, pretty solid in all lines. Patterson has been look great same as my boy Alonso, I hope More get in his form quickly and that trident will be a really headache for the rivals. If not to much about the Miami team in the internet even in they web page them has listed just 11 or 12 players. I say 2:0 I will happy if Alonso scores, by I prefer More can score that will agood thing for his confidence :D

4. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree I think More needs to score some goals quick for his confidence, Im sure they will come put some times players push them selves too hard.

Im am lookig forward to these season, especially after a couple lackluster ones over the last few years.

Mikey

5. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I hope you guys can post how the game goes, went it begins, I will lock at work all days :mad:

6. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You could try to use this chat board. Ill be in there but not sure who else will

http://e10gear.googlepages.com/home

also you can proably get a recap here but more of a Play by play in this thread
    http://www.usldiscussions.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=28;t=002207

finally not sure if it going to work or not but the game look like they are 1340am and they have a link to listen live to the matches. www.real1340.net

might be worth checking out.

Mikey

7. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thank you man, you save me :D

8. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    looks like alonso is out of the line up due to a paperwork issues at the federation. that sucks

Mikey

9. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-0 to miami in the 12 min from their new brazilian Alex

10. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What that f.. is that Alonso has papers problems!!!!!, Thats not good. I we star down to early. Lets go boys lets kick some blue shorts :D

11. Betinho

Betinho New Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Miami
    Woo hoo!!!! Miami Fc looks strong! In total control. Gonna need some big time adjusting at half time to avoid more goals. The Blues offense looking dangerous!

12. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    battery looking like they are in control for large periods but having toruble linking the mids and the forwards.

13. Betinho

Betinho New Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Miami
    Yeah the Miami defense seems to be holding up well once.....WHAT WAS THAT ????? 1 ON 1 WITH THE GOALIE!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAARGH! SHOOT ALEX SHOOT! .... once in Miami's end the space closes up pretty quickly.

14. Betinho

Betinho New Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Miami
    This is glorious! Watching this game and switching between 2 MLS games in another window! The US soccer season is on! I wish i was the game though. Everyone from the Miami FC page must be there. Sorry had to jump onto yours...

Miami seems to be getting down the flanks pretty easy and the crosses are looking dangerous - almost better quality than in the MLS games. Our strikers are pretty well covered in the box though - accept that first goal of course.

15. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Battery scores to make it 1-1.

16. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    battery score to make it 1-1 in about the 55 min

Cianciarulo

17. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Miami score in the 82 to make it 2-1

18. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dominic scores a 2nd in extra time to tie it up. Final 2-2

19. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cianciarulo scores in the 90th min to tie it up for th Battery i2-2

final

20. smudgers

smudgers New Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Charleston

Is Alonso going to be back for Saturday's home opener?

21. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, he should be ready to go.

22. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    someone said that in a conversation with Andrew Bell, that they were told Alonso will definately be available of the Seattle match.

The forwards didnt seem to be getting the service they were out of midfield on Sat. Dont think it was entirely due to the absence of Alonso, but he definately was missed (might be a change of midfiled line up that caused some of it) The Battery definately looked better in the second half

Armstrong and Lazo will both be back from indoor but I dont expect to see them this weekend, maybe as a second half sub, or if injuries are an issue.

any word on fuller or corcorans injuires?

23. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has Corcoran played in any preseason matches? I haven't seen him & he's as solid a player as you can get..... I'm beginning to get worried it's a bit more than just a knock.

24. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    from what Andrew miller had in his blog, Corcoran was suffering from a muscle strain and looked like he was over that and then had a achillies strain. not sure how bad it is as I saw him walking pretty effortlessly on at the Wilmington match. (after I read the report)

He is a solid player and often one of those unsoung heros of games, much like Klein was.