Miami MLS site

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by alexp92, Dec 26, 2007.

1. gryphon

gryphon New Member

Mar 8, 2008
    La
    You all need to organize like the Phili fans did and model a group after the Sons of Ben. Why not prees the issue to get a second expansion in 2010 in Miami. Miami has the largest soccer fanbase in the U.S. given the cultural diversity south Florida.

2. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You folks are awesome and I have to admire your spirit!
    As Alex P said "these are Florida people"
    and unfortunately I have to agree, your lucky if you can get them to go to a FREE game that is local with FREE beer, let alone ask them to travel to another city to go see a game.

3. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    i didnt mean it that way, i just pointed out that he mentioned how it would be hot. we would be used to it.;)

4. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the idea of organizing a trip, however that's a ways down the road. The Miami Ultras are in the infancy stage. Also we would like to model the group after SoB. But they do have the luxury of being close to other MLS cities, we don't have that luxury. Going to another city is a huge undertaking with the distance.

So our best opportunity to make ourselves heard is through our massive email/media campaign and at the same time support the local team we have now in Miami FC. If we make enough noise through email/media and fan support we will be heard.

Go to www.miamisoccerfan.com and become part of the solution.

5. time_drifter

time_drifter Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Wharton
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, I forgot. Nevertheless, the point remains valid.

I'm sure some people said the same thing up in Philly before the SoB was founded. You'd be surprised how fast a person's opinion will change once they become part of something bigger than themselves.

6. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    i think a trip to the mls cup would be better, but whatever, as said, it would be way down the road

7. Newtbomb

Newtbomb Member

Mar 24, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I absolutely love "the robot soccer film".. That was awesome!!!!!

Tha't looks like a alot of fun!!:)

9. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great video! We had alot of fun that day. It was great meeting so many South Florida soccer fans.

10. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Official PR for Miami FC: I read it in the St. Pete Times,

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/article415030.ece

Marcos Ommati, a spokesman with professional soccer team Miami FC, said the five missing players are expected to practice with the team this weekend in Miami. He said it was doubtful any of the men could get a roster spot on the team this season, though, because the team was full and the men needed to clear immigration hurdles.
    He said he had not spoken with the players and did not know their whereabouts, but said someone told him to expect the players.
    Immigration and Customs officials throughout Florida have been notified that the players are missing, but there had been no contact with them as of Wednesday evening, said Zachary Mann, a spokesman for Customs and Border Protection.

It's weird because in the newspaper they omitted this whole paragraph you can only read it in the online newspaper

12. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just want to know why Miami deserves a MLS team over every other city in FL? or any city in the US?

14. pabloM

pabloM New Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe that Tampa deserve a team, but MLS wants Miami. People if you want to see MLS in Florida this is our best chance. We need to come together and not fight which city deserve a team.

www.miamisoccerfan.com

15. zensum

zensum Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    The Bronx, NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Biggest city in Florida (I think), international city, traditional soccer city (though the NASL Strikers and MLS Fusion played next door in Fort Lauderdale), MLS needs teams in the South, MLS needs teams in Florida, the city or county is willing to commit $50 million for a stadium (we hope).

That's it for now but needless to say MLS wants Miami badly and is likely working feverishly behind the scenes to get an investor group together. Miami is so important in fact that I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the current investors (AEG, Hunt, Kraft) involved if that is the only way to take advantage of the stadium offer.

I wish Miami MLS fans were covering the investor chase and digging up some info since that is the main focus right now.

16. pabloM

pabloM New Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe that Miami fans need to do more to get the word out. We need to show interested deep pocket investors that we will support MLS and that Miami want it.

17. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...and Miami FC needs to bring up their attendance to at least 5,000

Also of note are the stragglers of USL-1, which are sadly two of the newest teams in the league. First year team California Victory are barely averaging 1,000 people in Kezar Stadium in San Francisco, and Miami FC is drawing a dismal 625 people through June 3. That is right: 625 people.

If that number is not a red flag for MLS, then nothing is. With all the cries to bring a Major League Soccer team back to Florida – presumably Miami or Tampa – Miami FC is drawing in the hundreds, not thousands. Just for comparisons sake, Mississippi Brilla FC out of Jackson, MS is currently drawing 952 people, and they play in the Premier Developmental League, a fourth-tier division composed mainly of college players.

By the numbers, it seems that professional soccer just does not work in Florida, for whatever reason. Major League Soccer needs to look at more viable markets, which it is doing with the likes of Portland, Seattle, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, and Vancouver.

18. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's very frustrating to see the same things brought up over and over again, and seeing the same responses.

I have no idea if you're the one that keeps harping on this. If you aren't, my apologies.

As has been said numerous times on these boards, there's no correlation between USL-1 attendance and MLS attendance. The Toronto USL-1 team was drawing only 1-2k before Toronto MLS.

You can NOT use Miami FC's attendances to determine whether MLS will succeed in Miami.

I understand that you personally want to see MLS in Tampa rather than Miami. But quit using baseless arguments to support your desires.

19. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah what he said.

20. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Build it and they will come! Works for soccer too.

BTW, I'm not a Tampa resident but Tampa could use a team too,
    Right smack between Tampa and Orlando Lakeland??

MISL Orlando seems to do pretty well.

Do we have an MISL team in Miami?

21. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not yet:)

22. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I agree but bringing the attendance up helps

23. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So does positive thinking. Negativity only breeds negative things.:rolleyes:

24. RedzFan31

RedzFan31 New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    NYC
    yea but positive thoughts aren't gonna put butts in seats.... as much as i want to see miami in the league, i'd rather not see sparse crowds in a shiny new OB stadium... the flighty nature of miami sports fans troubles me.

25. pabloM

pabloM New Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess we just have to wait until Miami get a MLS team to prove you all wrong.

www.miamisoccerfan.com
    Miami 2011