News: Miami FC and the rest of the TOA confirm New League! Tampa would leave USL

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by chichi, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with this post. Especially the 1st sentence, even though I live in Broward instead of WPB, and the last paragraph. I couldn't have said it any better myself....;)

I just hope that the folks at Traffic & NASL don't screw it up like so many before them have.

2. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think marketing the team as "world class" is the thing. Consumers are smart; they'll see right through that. You have to market the team professionally. You can market the team as a major league team even though their not.

3. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whether you present them as 1st class or world class or whatever; MARKET THEM! Get the word out that they exist. Then stock the roster with players that make them, at worst, competitive or, at best, championship caliber in the league they are in. Now is not the time to be penny wise & pound foolish. Spend what is necessary to make them worth seeing. Eventually this difficult market will start spending to watch them. Just don't expect an overnight success.

4. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I totally agree! I hope the league gets approved fast so that they can concentrate on getting good players for Miami FC!

I live in Miami (Kendall to be exact) I drive up to Lockhart for Miami FC games like I did for Fusion games back in the day and would do it again if Miami FC decided to play up there. If you are a true Soccer Fan and you have a team playing in your area then you need to support them and make the effort. I will gladly carpool with people if they think the drive is an obstacle. There are no excuses! Contact me folks or join the Miami Ultras and we can arrange something with the rest of the guys and girls!
    http://www.miamisoccerfan.com/Soccer/Home/Home.html

We need new members, it's free and you get to hang out with cool soccer lovers.
    I invite ckh1 and any other person out there to be part of us. You can also find us on facebook http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7961678958

5. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely. And even if the drive is too long for you, whichever direction it ends up being in, join up anyway and support the team any way you can. Watch the games online or hopefully TV, buy some gear and represent our team, be it Miami or Ft. Lauderdale.

6. ckh1

ckh1 New Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Dubai
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I joined. Where can I buy a Miami FC jersey or scarf or sticker for my car? I looked at the Sports Locker online, and they had nothing...
    Perhaps I should wait and see what the new Miami team name will be? Or even if the NASL league will materialize...Either way I am a Miami fan and supporter! and will be down in Miami for some games in the new season and new league and new Miami!
    I have family in Miami, so coming from West Palm Beach isn't too bad.
    What can I do in Palm beach County, Martin County and St. Lucie County to help?

7. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spread the word about our team and get other people to join, too. Eventually maybe you can start a "561" chapter of the Ultras :D.

Waiting to see how this NASL thing plays out is a wise idea before you go out and get any merchandise. The team could change it's name and as a result, the Ultras might update our look to coincide, so even the scarfs could change. Plus other than an Ultras scarf, MFC gear is pretty non-existent on the web. You pretty much have to go to the games to get a jersey or something like that.

8. ckh1

ckh1 New Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Dubai
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Is someone (i.e "renegade" teams/ breakaway teams/ disgruntled USL-1 teams etc etc), TOA or the "NEW NASL going to make a statement soon? on happenings and whatever about this "NEW" NASL?
    Throw us a friggin bone here! I am sure there are a lot of people losing sleep over this! ;) LOL
    So, we now know unofficially that there will be 10 teams in the "NEW" NASL.
    Can someone from TOA please make some kind of an official statement on something? So we the FANS don't feel like we are being led along the primrose path...
    Damn even someone "official" give us an unofficial statement.
    Either, one of the 10 teams or someone from the "NEW" NASL.
    Perhaps TOA are waiting from something official from the USSF, before they make an official or even unofficial statement.
    Anyway, perhaps no news is good news at this point? Patience is a virtue? ignorance is bliss? Pick one or come up with other cliches that fit.
    Please! teams, TOA or NASL say something please!
    :)
    LOL

9. ckh1

ckh1 New Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Dubai
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    okay, never mind. Just read the post on Rochester's website. I guess that is as "official" as we are going to get at this point. Atleast it gives us some info on the near future...I can sleep tonight! LOL

10. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think once they get sanctioning from the USSF and CSA, we'll see an official announcement, and probably the unveiling of the league's logo and website and announcement of a commissioner shortly thereafter.

I'm sure that behind the scenes, NASL head honchos have been preparing and getting things ready for the "official" launching of the league. The team list needs to be sorted out still, I think before all is said and done PR and Portland jump to NASL too and maybe a few yet unknown teams may also join. But hopefully that is sorted out before the new year and the league's schedule can then be announced.

11. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That post is very good news, IMO. One of the old line teams jumping ship gives me hope that this new NASL may actually survive.

Now I'll anxiously await further news/developments....:)

12. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. ckh1

ckh1 New Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Dubai
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    interesting perspectives...to say the least.

14. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
  15. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe, maybe not. I don't think it will come to that but it is an option worth trying if the NASL has to.

Personally I see no difference between what MLS does, which will probably have 3 Canadian teams within a few years, and what NASL would be doing if the CSA sanctioned the league but not the USSF. It would just be the other way around. But I'm not FIFA, they may and probably will see things differently.

16. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A few things Miami FC needs to do to succeed.

Market the team as a major league team! If they do a half ass job like they did last year they will never get more then a few hundred people. They need billboards, advertising, sponsors on the jersey. Look at those people and companies supporting the World Cup bid.

-Bring quality players. There needs to be at least one player that will be the face of the team at events and TV.

more here:
    http://football-miami-n-beyond.blogspot.com/2009/12/can-miami-fc-succeed-in-nasl.html