MFO reply to Harrison deal falling through?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Brownswan, Nov 10, 2004.

1. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Do you have a boss? He should change jobs if he doesn't believe in what the league is doing. I understand your point but you went a little far in "slamming" him here for no reason. Let's move on.

So when is Nick S going to get email? ... and maybe make a statement?

Being here in TB I think I might be allowed to join your petition?

2. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    Read my initial statement, then the follows ups. I didn't slam anyone. You are right about the moving on part though, let us do it...

3. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    For 5+ years they have been talking about their attempts to build a new stadium. They have shown us drawings, they have held press conferences to explain thier plans, they have completed studies and held meetings and messaged politicians and bought steak dinners for county officials of dubious repute, etc. After all of that work, the new Governor comes into office, and on his first day he knocks that entire house of cards over. Now, maybe he was just blowing smoke, trying to make a dent so that he could have something fancy (new meadowlands development) to run for election on, but it was a pretty serious (sounding, anyway) blow to the project that we've been hearing about for 5 years. Metro says nothing in response, other than (1) we're still on track for a stadium in 2006 (umm...no you're not?) and (2) it's nice to know that the new Governor has given us the OPTION of getting a new home in the Meadowlands.

They have to make an official statement. If the new Governor can come in and pants 5 years of effort in 1 day, then their fans are faced with how they are going to react to the realization that they just spent 5 years watching the show, only to realize that there is no one behind the curtain. The only possible response for that, is for the fans to leave. In droves.

So, the ball is in metro court. God help them if they fumble it this time.

4. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    My bet's on continued silence.

They SO don't care what is said here, and since the couple of non-"hardcore" people who continue to buy season tickets despite the crap handed to them year after year won't say a peep, you are not likely to see any response at all unless you confront somebody at Harmon Plaza personally.

I get a kick out of the "we deserve an answer here" posts...why don't you just call them yourself and hear the nonsense first hand? If you are really a ticket buyer, why wouldn't you want to confront them personally if you really feel strongly about it?

5. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Re: Harrison: Not Done, But Not Dead

Are any of these DOZENS registered voters in Guv2b Codey's West Orange/Suburban Essex district?

6. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    they may not "have" to give answers. but problems with management seem to be much at the root of the attrition of the NE fanbase over the last few years. MLS really needs this market to be a success. This is a troubling situation and Nick S's silence is not the proper way to treat his team's fans.

7. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Member

Feb 2, 1999
    W. Orange <-> NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Uh, one. Mrs. Fish makes two.

8. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And I am still "on course" for a weeklong orgy with Ashley Judd, Eva Mendes and Keira Knightley when I get off work tonight.

9. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    You too huh?

10. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003

I take it you'll no longer be patronizing the Codey Funeral Home (people are dying to get in) or the Codey Insurance Company (you're in good hands with Dick)?

11. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003

I take it you'll no longer be patronizing the Codey Funeral Home (people are dying to get in) or the Codey Insurance Company (you're in good hands with Dick)? Hmm, maybe that's why he said the deal was dead! He wants to handle the funeral & the insurance policy was obtained elsewhere.

12. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Will Andy Mead will be posting photos?

13. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Well at least now we put another option on the Bigsoccer "I've been here since DAY ONE but.... ____________________." macro.

14. dickmac

dickmac New Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have been a Gold Level season ticket holder (2 seats) and I may not renew. I was disgusted by the season-end performance, and this stadium foolishness is painful.

15. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    Thats a good way to show your displeasure. You can always reorder them later if you change your mind. I declined my 5 tickets already and told them I would gladly renew them if there was some improvment in the way the team is run. It seems like they are open to listening to a fans perspective. Atleast my rep was. He kept me on the phone for 45 minutes talking about the team. Hopefully, they will turn things around...

16. 562nation

562nation Member

May 10, 2004
    (562)areacode LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, i wish every team had a peter wilt as a general manager

Everyone else seems to suck

He even sent out a letter to the fans for not making the playoffs.

Peter As a LA fan all i want so say is awesome job please refer people like you to LA, NY, and all the other teams in the league that have GMs that dont care about fans.

17. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Amen to the above, and amen.