MFLS down

Discussion in 'Games' started by X.F.S., Sep 3, 2002.

1. X.F.S.

X.F.S. New Member

May 24, 2001
    San Jose, CA
    Any news on when it will be back up? It would be nice if MFLS would email the managers with feedback prior to or during outages.

I know that the computer that it was running on is still alive ("Pinging mfls.com [207.54.155.8]"). Maybe the organizers went on vacation, it crashed, and in their haste they forgot to find an MFLS-sitter.

2. Preston McMurry

Preston McMurry New Member

Jul 28, 1999
    Earth
    This is better, because it's not buried in a thread of another name.

In any case, I was assuming the same as you: That they left and it crashed. It's free (and free of ads), so I'm not complaining ...

3. sljohn

sljohn Member

Apr 28, 2001
    Out of town
    Here's what worries me...

Usually by this time of the week the site is updated with the most recently weekly results. I would expect that when someone "came in" to update the results they would notice the site is down.

Yes, it is possible the process is totally automated, though I somehow doubt it... and, it is possible that the Sunday game and Holiday have pushed the updates back later than usual... and, it is possible that the database is fully updated and no one there has noticed that the web server has fallen down...

4. jw

jw Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What if they're not up and running 'til, oh, let's say Thursday night?? Has this ever happened before?
    I just can't have my current lineup stay put this week.
    Hmmmmmmmmmm.

5. mdwheel

mdwheel New Member

Mar 15, 1999
    San Ramon, CA
    Guys,
    This isn't what you want to hear, but it's a problem with our server which is not responding. We haven't been able to find an admin at our ISP to restart our server. From what we've been able to surmise, they're out til Wednesday.

Hopefully the worst case scenario is that we're back on Wed. morning. If so, we will blast an email to everyone once the server is back up and everyone will have time to make their moves before the Thursday deadline.

We apologize for this mess.
    Please feel free to pass this message on to other MFLS players.
    cheers,
    Mark Wheeler

6. Preston McMurry

Preston McMurry New Member

Jul 28, 1999
    Earth
    If they got back from vacation yesterday, and had to work today, then they would not be getting to the site until tonight (from home). There's no way the process could be automated since MLS post's results so erratically ...

Disregard.

Hope you enjoyed your vacation as much as I did mine. Life does have priorities over web sites. :)

Too bad your ISP isn't customer responsive, but that seems to be par for the course. Whatever you do, do not switch to Corecomm / Voayger.net ...

7. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    I think it's all my fault.... this is what I get for dropping Twellman for W. Harris.... I stupified the server.

8. sljohn

sljohn Member

Apr 28, 2001
    Out of town
    Good news.

It's back up!!!!!!!!

There must be some updating going on in the database, though:

9. sljohn

sljohn Member

Apr 28, 2001
    Out of town
    Never mind it's fixed now:

10. X.F.S.

X.F.S. New Member

May 24, 2001
    San Jose, CA
    That was my intention. I had read the mathematician's thread but the question was too buried. I thought it deserved to be a subject itself.

I greatly appreciate the free game as well (wouldn't mind if it had ads). I was hoping someone (owner(s) or else) could pass on some insight so I would know when to possibly expect it back up.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear actually. The service is free so I say "Hey s&*^ happens just let us know that you know, when abouts to expect it, and when it's back up".
    Thanks for the "it's back up" email to all managers.

MFLS since '96!
    You guy(s) rock!

11. IsItSnowingInSpace

Mar 20, 2000
    Orem UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's live again.