MFLS 2009 - Division Signup

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by RoleModel83, Feb 28, 2009.

1. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. foozer

foozer Member

Dec 19, 2005
    Indy
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There seem to be far less bargain buys this year. Last year, I fit Rogers, Kjlestan, Schelotto, Blanco, Angel, Cooper, and Donovan all on one roster with my entire bench (save one player) consisting of guys who were regular starters. It seems everyone's price went up; even the marginal players.

3. matthewsaul20

matthewsaul20 Member

Apr 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel like i'm stacked

4. matthewsaul20

matthewsaul20 Member

Apr 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    but then again everybody does when they first make their team...

5. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully I do better this year. I did so crappily last, that I think I forgot about it

6. mmradio13

mmradio13 Member+

Apr 13, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    question for this league that i really don't feel like looking up myself- do you pick a team for a week? Or can you adjust it every day if you please?

I'm asking this because I'm wondering if its worth having depth. If you can only pick 11 guys whose points will count in a week where everyone plays and you can't switch guys in when their games come up, then its pointless to have good players on the bench- you just transfer in another guy if the starter gets hurt. If you can sub in guys for their saturday games and guys for their thursday/sunday games, then its worth having 2 guys of equal value rather than 1 guy whos really good and 1 guys who is garbage.

Hope I explained that ok.

7. osubowler

osubowler Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the switching of rosters, the rosters are locked sometime on Mondays (I think on Mondays) for the entire week. So any subs that you make are locked for the weeknight game and the weekend game. You cannot switch and get different players in for the same week. Doing so would allow you to have player A in for the midweek game, then bringing in player B for the weekend game. This would unfairly allow you to maximize points.

And a question for you guys: how many transfers do you get week to week through out the season?

8. PVancouver

PVancouver Member

Apr 1, 1999
    You get 35 transfers for the whole season, including up to 2 for your coach. Slightly over 1 per week (there are 32 weeks).

Substitutions are limitless.

Rosters are locked 1 hour before the first scheduled game of the week. (MFLS weeks run from Wednesday to Tuesday).