Mff - Img

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by frenil, Nov 30, 2005.

1. frenil

frenil Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Lund
    What's your thoughts on the MFF - IMG deal?

Will it eventually mean that a few selective clubs with big budgets will dominate the league, leaving those unable to get lucrative sponsor deals at the bottom of the table?

or

Will this spur more corporations to invest larger sums of money in swedish clubs and collectivly benifit swedish soccer?

2. Rausa

Rausa New Member

Sep 21, 2005
    Sweden
    Hmm, i think both both scenarios can happen. The smaller clubs don't have a chance of getting a deal this big. The only way for them is to get a deal that include less chash or build their own stadiums (Elfsborg style), and almost all the top clubs have plans for new stadiums.

Anyway, this is the way Swedish football clubs needs to go, so I support this all the way. Just take a look at the top Swedish hockey teams, it was not impossible for them.

3. DanCan

DanCan New Member

Dec 5, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Another thing that already have starten to happen and most likely will happen even more is money going from the bigger teams to the smaller teams.
    This will occur when the bigger teams are buying players from the smaller teams. We could see several cases of that during the summer when MFF was trying to buy players from other Swedish teams in Allsvenskan. The amounts that those teams were demanding from MFF were way higher than they ever could get from teams outside Sweden.
    Anyway. My point is that even if a few teams grow stronger it is very likely that other teams indirectly will get some of that money in the end.

4. frenil

frenil Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Lund
    I'm just hoping the club owners are capable enough to use the money in a way where it will make swedish football progress at a substaintial rate, instead of throwing it away with short-term planning.

Swedish club football today is absolutely horrific.