News: MFC Fire Head Coach Pastora

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by drSoFlaFan, Jul 18, 2010.

1. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/18/1736235/miami-fc-fires-head-coach.html

Only halfway into his first year, but you can't go 17 games with only 2 wins and expect to have job security. Granted, with 9 draws we've not lost more often than we've lost, but you gotta win some games.

They are replacing him with Chicago Fire assistant Daryl Shore. Hopefully this shakes up the team and they put up some W's to close out the season and make the playoffs(or at least beat Tampa and win the Coastal Cup :D).

2. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was only amount of time. Hopefully Shore can do more than tie.

3. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sometimes a coaching change can shake things up and make a difference. Not really a surprise other than the fact that it was actually reported on the local evening news Sunday. That was the first time I'd seen anything ever reported on local TV regarding Miami FC.

4. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha missed that. Only time I ever saw MFC on the local news was highlights from the 2008 opener.

They had it on the front of the online sports section in the Herald Sunday. The Sentinel also covered it but as usual it was buried was at the bottom in the "other sports" section.

5. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah key match vs. Tampa. Just 2 more left this season vs. the Rowdies with the "Coastal Cup" on the line.

As for the article, nice to know Shore is a local guy(although as a Plantation graduate, I should hate his South Plantation Paladin self lol. Good thing I care nothing about stupid high school or collegiate rivalries).

On a side note, new chant:

"Raise Your Hand If Your Shore!" lmao

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gKQ8paZ8Lc&feature=related"]YouTube- Sure Deodorant commercial[/ame]

7. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States