Mexico's No.1 Spot; Ochoa, Sanchez or Corona?

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by pittsy1, Dec 18, 2006.

1. pittsy1

pittsy1 New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    England, Salford
    Who should be Mexico's No.1? I think Ochoa, mainly because he has more potential, and is much younger than the others. However, Sanchez has been consistent, and as for Corona i dont think he is that good. Ochoa deserves Mexico top spot, mainly because he has been amazing for America and has more potential than the others.

2. ...KING...

...KING... New Member

Mar 27, 2006
    sanchez by a long shot!
    well if he keeps playing like he plays theres no need to get rid of him!

for me ochoa is a overated televisa hype , hes good but not that good!
    and corona sucked this tourny!

3. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Frankly, Ochoa hasn't shown me anything to warrant him supplanting Oswaldo. He seems to have real difficulty with the long shots.

Goalkeepers have proven that they can sustain their level of play well into their late 30's. So I say it is Sanchez's spot until he is beaten out.

4. SoyOllin

SoyOllin Member+

Aug 14, 2006
    D TOWN
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I agree ochoa is good but he is wayyyyy too over hyped and besides oswaldo has some left in him and he is consistent so lets let him do it :)

5. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Can someone please post a youtube mpeg of Corona when he played with Chivas against Boca Juniors in La Bobonera please someone?

6. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Oswaldo by far ... no way do I want ochonda in el tri ...maybe as a 3rd goalkeeper,although we got better goalkeepers there too .. the fame has gotten to this kid, he should just quit and start doing SOME NOVELAS

7. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    the spots should go like this"

1 - Oswaldo

2 - Corona

3 - Ochoa

8. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    :)
    It's nice to see people have begun to realize Ochoa is not really up there. He's becoming this overhyped former boy wonder who really doesn't do anything extraordinary other than play for a big team...
    He's at the level of Gato Ortiz: he does ONE thing right, but he's not well-rounded. He's not even the leader of defense...

9. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
    and I thought Mexico had this position secured no matter who was there, now were discussing that these 3 guys aren't cutting it.

Sanchez.getting old and starting to be plagued by injuries

Ochoa,overhyped? where the ******** were you the last 2 years, for petes sake hes just 21 and your just judging him by the last couple of games. bullshit

Corona-Lost time I've seen him was his picture on a milk carton. what happen to him?

10. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    le acaban de meter 4 goles el barcelona wey! cuando jugaron barcelona vs chivas nomas le metieron 1

11. ...KING...

...KING... New Member

Mar 27, 2006
    u just talking nonsense there!

and as for ochoa no doubt he is a good keeeper but not the big crap the media put him to be!

12. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Sanchez allowed 4 goals against Brazil in 2004. He also allowed 7 goals against Pumas.

Every keeper will have those type of games throughout their career.

However, Ochoa was a bright spot against the Barcelona match. With the exception of Castro, the whole team played horrible. The game could have easily been 7-0. Ochoa made some nice saves.

13. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
    First, were talking about the about the best offense in the world scoring on you 4 times and to top it off your defense just sughcks but that can't be that bad as being scored on 7 times. Pumas apertura 2002. I know it happened 4 years ago but still you can't judge somebody by one game.

Oswaldo is in fact getting old and he was in fact injured during the semi and finals of the liguilla, injuries take longer to heal when you get older.fact!

In sports most of the time the media doesn't put you anywhere like it would do in other areas such as in entertainment, the media was just seeing what we were witnessing a very big promised,but don't tell me you were the only soul on earth saying he was overhyped when he helped his team win the
    clausura in 2005 by that time the media was still "overhyping him".

14. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I know you guyz want ochoa 1st spot cuz hes from america.. but aside from whatever clubs oswaldo y ochoa are from .. oswaldo ahorita esta en un mejor momento que ochoa.. claro oswaldo lo an goleado but not lately.. and ochoa he has been goleado lately.. so right now oswaldo has what it takes to be in the 1st keeper spot.. some of those goals vs barcelona was part his fault. specially the one with ronaldhino..

15. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    America's defense has been heavily scrutinized the past 4-5 seasons and yet, Ochoa averages 1.3 goals per game. The truth is he has saved his team numerous times.

1.3 goals per game is rather remarkable considering that his central defenders (Davino and Rojas) are not performing as expected. His average is also remarkable considering he plays for a team that historically is expected to stay on the attack (which in theory would leave the defense more vunerable).

It is absurd to even insinuate that he is a product of televisa hype. He should be appluaded for being able to make such a huge impact at such a young age. I do not mean to belittle other keepers, but playing for America is not the same. Other keepers dont have the same pressures. They dont recieve the same criticisms. They dont have half of the media against them.

His "hype" is well deserved.

--------------------------------------------------

I do not know who should be the number 1 keeper. At the rate Ochoa is going, he could be the no. 1 keepr in 2010.

One thing that is going against Corona is that he plays for a club that does not aspire much. It would be better if Corona landed with a club that aspires to participate in international tournaments such as the Sudamericana, Libertadores, etc.

16. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think Oswaldo is definitely the best right now and the second best is quite a bit behind. I'm curious as to whether Oswaldo is truly an option for 2010. If he really is than the job should be his until he loses it. If not, than Ochoa should really start getting the nod.

17. grrrr

grrrr New Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Corona all the way to 2010

18. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

you are right on the spot.. if ochoa keeps improving then he is definitely a contender for the job in 2010 but now.. hes not. you do have to remember that oswaldo also has to answer to the chivas press and their criticism ... not just ochoa, but oswaldo has those pressures himself.. after all chivas is one of the biggests clubs in mexico and also the US... so big they even have a mini chivas called chivas usa :D .. so playing for america is the same as playing for chivas in my opinion when it comes to responsabilites and expectations.. ochoa is a good goal keeper with bigger ambitions.. but for now hes nowhere near oswaldo..

19. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    its way tougher to play in america then chivas.

Chivas is liked by all 17 teams except america.
    America is hated by all 17 teams.

If america does bad the news start talking about them right away.

Like in the clausura 2006, america started doing bad in the beggining. and it was all over the news!!! they were talking about firing aguado, realeasing cuauhtemoc and stuff like that.

and another example is this season, america was always in the top 3 places. and even though they were doing good in the table, the press kept on takling about how bad they were doing.

here's a video where they talk about how difficult it is to pay in america.......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwDPgbtxfm8

20. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    Yawn.
    In 3 Club World Cup games, Ochoa averaged 2 goals against per game. A 4-0 vs. Barcelona made this average possible. Did it matter?
    In the World cup, Ochoa averaged 0 goals per game, mainly because he did not play one game. :D

Ochoa is there because he is the homegrown talent of a big team and because he satisfied the 20/11 rule. Granted, at his age level the guy was and probably is still good.
    The problem is, he hasn't developed much since.
    He still has plenty of time because keepers can play pretty much til they're 40, but to me, he's really not the 3rd best keeper in the country.

21. gvfatlas

gvfatlas Member

Oct 6, 2004
    GDL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The best offense in the world?!?!?! Barcelona is one of the best teams in the world, but the offense that played against America was not the best in the world. No Etoo or Messi?? Gudjohnsen is good but he's no Van Nistelrooy or Del Piero.

Please face it, America sucked big time in the tournament and Ochoa didn't live up to the expectations. This doesn't mean he's a bad goalie(he's very good), but he's far from being the best goalie.

22. gvfatlas

gvfatlas Member

Oct 6, 2004
    GDL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    They only played 2 games, Barca and Al-Ahly. That makes it an avg of 3 goals per game.

23. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    they played vs jeonkbuk also
    which is the only game they won..

24. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    I was counting the picnic vs. the Korean team too...

25. ...KING...

...KING... New Member

Mar 27, 2006
    chivas is not liked by all the teams, they are just not hated, like santos or queretaro kind of thing!
    but yes all teams hate america!