Mexico's Football Related Random Thoughts Thread - Volumen Cincuenta Tres

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by sidspaceman, Sep 17, 2021.

1. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    Yikes!!

2. chiva_guero

chiva_guero BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 4, 2007
    Mexico NSR
    have you been around people who grew up on base?

they're american AF

why because the bolded but add global to it

mickey mouse culture is undeniably a thing

Don Boppero 3000, Serg33, DGreat and 3 others repped this.
  3. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How hilarious would it be if Morocco defeated Argentina for the title!?

Hecho en Chivas and SGuerrilla repped this.
  4. Saldgotti1991

Saldgotti1991 Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    They’re on base, where most people never set foot off base.

5. chiva_guero

chiva_guero BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 4, 2007
    Mexico NSR
    it's a weird statement about culture, though

how can anyone not have a culture?

6. No, I wasnot proud of how they played, I predicted it from before the WC began as a team not good enough to be a favourite for the title as van Gaal selected a bunch of players, who were completely out of form with Ajax for 6 weeks running before the start of the tournement and because of the tactic van Gaal chose to play. I predicted we would bore the fans to the hilt, but also despite our lack of form, we would find it hard to win, but also were very hard to beat. This all has become true. You can't be bitter for an end you already expected.
    I am a realist.
    National team football is the only way that success can't be bought like in club football.
    I'm a purist, the Orange Squad is the expression of what Dutch football represents in it's philosophy and in it's unique development pyramid.
    So I'm against players, not being a product of this football culture, putting on the Orange shirt.
    About a decade ago FC Twente had a Braasilian defender, Douglas, who played over 5 years in the Netherlands and thus got his passport. Immediately glory hunters wanted him to be selected for the Orange Squad, because they thought we were defensively weak (despite that we made the 2010 final). I was dead against it, as he wasnot a product of Dutch football. My stance is that in international football you have to deal with the cards you're given. Cheating by sneaking in a trump card is not wanting to deal with reality. If the cards arenot that good, play smarter.
    Surinam hasnot contribute anything to Dutch football. The players with Surinam roots were all born in the Netherlands and were developed by our system. There was only one player, forgot who, who was born in Surinam, but moved here as a kid.
    If it was to attribute to Surinam, in what way then? If they had such a big hand in it, why isnot it a powerhouse in the region. Worse, why do they now let Dutch players with Surinam origin be eligible for their national team. Because Surinam is the driving force behind Dutch football success for sure:rolleyes:
    For your information we were in two finals without one Surinam player in sight and also won 6 European Champions titles and a couple of UEFA Cups without them.
    It's our system that benefits all Dutch kids, whether they are Surinam, Turkish, Moroccan or plain Dutch.
    I don't care if a player choses to represent another country, it's his right if that opportunity exists. If it's a player we could use very well, I regret it, but it is what it is. We only can select a limited number of players and if you're unlucky not to be in that pool, good for you to have an alternative. No hard feelings.
    What I'm against, as in this Moroccan case, is the fact that an authoritorian ruler, the Moroccan king (see the tweet that started this discussion) is given/taking the credits of developing Zyech (FC Twente product), Amrabat (FC Utrecht product) and Mazraoui (Ajax product) to name just 3 of them , while they have zero efforts invested in it.

7. indeed.

8. Yup, I am.

Saldgotti1991 repped this.
  9. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Kaney repped this.
  10. EU legal adviser sides with UEFA, FIFA in Super League case
    [​IMG]USA Today|7 hours ago
    Super League was dealt a blow when an EU legal adviser proposed the European Court of Justice should back UEFA and FIFA in blocking the breakaway competition. Advocate General Athanasios Rantos proposed on Thursday that the court recognize FIFA-UEFA rules under which Super League should be subject to prior approval were compatible with European Union competition law.

As I predicted with a similar case regarding a business being member of a busines organisation that joined a competing one and sued the first one for kicking them out, as they wanted to continue to profit from their facilities.

11. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

DGreat and Saldgotti1991 repped this.
  12. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  13. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    They sure like the money Mexico brings in though

Serg33, Kaney, beat junky and 1 other person repped this.
  14. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

SGuerrilla, Philip J. Fry and Kaney repped this.
  15. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Kaney repped this.
  16. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Kinda hoping they get the 2030 WC as well.

SGuerrilla repped this.
  17. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    R.I.P.

sidspaceman, Kaney and SGuerrilla repped this.
  18. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    sidspaceman and Kaney repped this.
  19. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Great player and hard man. The kind that Messi and Cristiano should be thankful they didn't have to face coming up... But if I recall correctly the duse was pretty Nationalist and said some horrible things to Croatian duses even though he was part Croat himself...

sidspaceman repped this.
  20. Quote from another thread in which the coach of Morocco backs my post:
    the Moroccan manager said today:

"We have a lot of players who have been trained in the Netherlands and the Low Countries. We have many players from different countries, including France, Spain and Italy. There is undoubtedly something from the Netherlands in the playing style of these guys. Without criticizing the Netherlands: the Netherlands that I have seen recently does not play the football that I loved so much in the eighties and nineties, as a beacon and point of reference. The Dutch style has evolved. These players also bring with them a certain culture and mentality, which is focused on winning. We reap the benefits of that."

Kaney, SGuerrilla and chiva_guero repped this.
  21. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  22. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  23. SGuerrilla

SGuerrilla Member+

Sep 8, 2014
    en la cueva
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Kaney and sidspaceman repped this.
  24. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    1604831504483635201 is not a valid tweet id

Nasty looking MF.

25. Saw pictures of certain Argentinian players "celebrating" awards etc.
    Boy, when you manage to get hold of one of the most coveted trophees on earth and your only way to "honour"your achievement is by vulgar and disrespecting behaviour towards your opponent it makes clear that you can have success, but the stench of the gutter from where you got dug up eventually surfaces.

Comments from their fans arenot deviating from that behaviour.