Mexico vs USA August 15 @ Azteca

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by futgod, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FakeFlopper

FakeFlopper Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    No EJ, I don't care how well he's playing right now, it's not as good as he was at his peak in the MLS before he left. He just shouldn't be called in yet. We've wasted too many minutes on him already and I don't think he gives us anything outside of MLS. I'd rather give the experience to someone with real potential.

soccerusa517 repped this.
  2. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 days till we know. 6 days till we play.

3. Borrachin

Borrachin Member+

Feb 28, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. FloridaFC2MLS

FloridaFC2MLS Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @shinguardian: “@DarrellLovell: Stoke City asst David Kemp says Geoff Cameron will be on USMNT roster at Azteca next week. http://t.co/BIFSWyM3”

Pl@ymaker and GiallorossiYank repped this.
  5. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    more proof that JK is concerned with the cb situation. disproving the naysayers.

6. diegolin89

diegolin89 Member+

Jul 13, 2008
  7. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a shame. While I hate seeing him score goals against us I'd hope to see him in the olympics final and it would be useful to have him running at our defense in a friendly. Hope he comes back strong and gets some PT in England this year.

8. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, there goes Mexico's Olympic gold chances. On the USMNT front, I'm not sure how to feel. I hate when he scores against us, but this is a friendly and it would be good for some of the guys to play against that kind of talent, since I'm sure this will be a mixed roster.

9. j0osh

j0osh Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just because it might be MLS heavy, doesnt mean MLS exclusive. Zee Germans will be there, and I imagine Bradley as well. The only sure things we will be missing should be Dempsey, Altidore and Boyd.

GK: Howard, Rimando
    (Johnson)

Fullback: Cherundolo, F. Johnson, Castillo, Chandler
    (Orozco, Lichaj, Beitashour)

Centerbacks: Cameron, Bocanegra, DeMerit, Ream
    (Goodson, Gonzalez, Onyewu)

Midfield: Bradley, Jones, Torres, Beckerman, Edu, Zusi, Corona, Williams
    (Beasley, Kljestan, Rogers, Nguyen)

Forward: Gomez, Wondo, E. Johnson, Donovan, Pontius
    (Shea, Bruin, Adu)

The more I look at this, the more i could see Cherundolo, Bocanegra, Edu being left out

10. drgonzo

drgonzo Member+

Jun 1, 2011
    Club:
    San Diego Flash
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Cameron is being called in then JK is taking this game seriously so none of those 3 guys will be left out. By the feel of things we'll probably see a very similar roster to the 5 game tourney that we just had with maybe a couple of new faces at the most.

11. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bradley is injured and limited in practice for Roma right now. I don't think we'll see him in this game.

12. morange92

morange92 Member+

Jan 30, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i really don't want to see bocanegra and cherundolo. We know what they can bring to the table, to me it really doesn't do us much good playing them in this friendly. Let see how some of other options handle that environment, it would be useful experience for them.

13. az2004

az2004 Member

Jun 5, 2012
    agree 100%

14. supercooper

supercooper Red Card

Jun 23, 2008
    it is always good idea to mix some veteran leadership with newbies. Playing against Mexico in Azteca is about the toughest game a player will EVER face. Having all newbies is a recipe for a disaster, and that serves no one's interests.

Berks repped this.
  15. supercooper

supercooper Red Card

Jun 23, 2008
  16. supercooper

supercooper Red Card

Jun 23, 2008
    Boca and Edu make sense for a call up. Bring in some veteran leadership (we can't and shouldn't be all newbies) and god knows it is not relevant for them to be playing matches in the 3rd division of Scotland at this time. Regarding their deals out of there, it is unlikely that something will happen by next Wednesday where it would be vital for them to be somewhere else in Europe on that date. That's what agents are for.

Again, I am disappointed in Klinsmann to call up Cameron at this critical time when he needs to focus on establishing himself at Stoke. He has a chance to start the first few games and really make his way. Flying to Mexico and missing a full week of practice + jet lagged + god knows what else is terrible idea less than 2 weeks before the season starts.

17. FloridaFC2MLS

FloridaFC2MLS Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Selfish isnt the word. Granted Idk what word is, but calling Cameron doesnt make sense tbh. Its really important for his future that he settles in as quick as possible with Stoke & thats hard to do when you have to leave right away to go play Mexico with the nats. Also, Cameron has played well for us when he's been on for us lately but he certainly isnt so important to take away from his club at such an important time. Its poor management really. You have Goodson, Ream, & Demerit available & perhaps Boca, Gooch, Hines, & John Anthony Brooks. Just dont really see how its worth it.

FlipsLikeAPancake repped this.
  18. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You don't want to risk Boca and Edu getting injured playing. they are trying to get new clubs. Cameron has a club so it makes a little but more sense to call him in.

19. morange92

morange92 Member+

Jan 30, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i agree to an extent, but not entirely. Mostly because I don't think it will be all newbies, the thing is is we'll probably at least have howard and donovan there, and im sure guys like edu potentially will also be available, so there will be enough veteran NT support that I think starting both of those guys, even in a hostile environment like azteca, is honestly not neccesary

20. FloridaFC2MLS

FloridaFC2MLS Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Granted, it isnt exactly official, if we are going to see Cameron, I doubt Dempsey, Edu, Boca, Bradley, & Boyd will be excluded. Boyd & Bradley are already pretty settled though, expected them to be here anyways. Probably means there wont be too many newer options who included the likes of Eddie Johnson, Dax Mccarty, John Anthony Brooks for me. Chris Pontius, Brad Davis, & Seb Hines/Jay Demerit may still find their way on there though.

21. morange92

morange92 Member+

Jan 30, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i thought somebody said bradley was injured

22. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Where is the roster?

23. morange92

morange92 Member+

Jan 30, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not being announced until sunday unfortunately, so unless somebody leaks the list we don't know the full roster yet

24. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bradley has a knock. He needs to stay with his club anyway I think.

25. FloridaFC2MLS

FloridaFC2MLS Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Slight thigh strain. I thought it'd already be gone by now but I guess not