Mexico vs Uruguay (R)

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by EvilRick, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    anglo?

Be that as it may, In the end there's a big difference between "us" Mexican fans and "you" anglos.

Passion.

There are true fans, who get pissed, annoyed and saddened. Then are fake/bandwagon/mild fans who begin the agua de riñon barrage.

In the end, I'd STILL rather be a Mexico fan than a U.S. fan.

Sam's Army? What a joke.

Take your bigotry and sarcasm back to the MLS boards.

2. Penarol1916

Penarol1916 Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    There is a difference between passion and throwing things are opposing fans. I didn't bring my daughter to the game last night because I knew what was going to happen, and I've taken my kids to games in Buenos Aires between Argentina and Uruguay, and you can't say that those fans aren't passionate.

3. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Please note I made a point of identifying two types of fans.

"There are true fans, who get pissed, annoyed and saddened. Then are fake/bandwagon/mild fans who begin the agua de riñon barrage."

I made the difference.

No one said we were the only passionate ones.

;)

El pueblo unido jamas sera vencido.

4. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I only watched the second half because i was watching the Matrix Reloaded (Awesome movie BTW :) ) anyways i was really ashamed of all the fans who started to throw stuff on the field. Really, the FMF should stop playing games in the US, im tired of this bull$hit. As for the game, Mexico sucked, once again another mediocre apperance by El Tri. Kudos to Uruguay, they played a very good game.

5. robviii

robviii Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Lluvia de Proyectiles

"lluvia de proyectiles"

I decided to watch the US Open Cup game at 7:00 pm CST and so I had to tape the Mexico-Uruguay game, which began at 8:00 pm CST. I usually place in the tape, make sure the television has the correct match, start up the vcr, and then turn off the television screen.

Waiting patiently for the Mexico-Uruguay game to end at 10:00 pm. CST, I turned on the television screen around 5 minutes after 10 pm to confirm that the game had ended so that I could re-wind the vcr tape and watch the game.

"lluvia de proyectiles."

Before the television screen had even lit up, I heard those three words from one of the announcers and the final was ruined. I knew Mexico had lost. I knew Mexico had been beat.

;-)

6. Thomas Flannigan

Feb 26, 2001
    Chicago
    I don't think Sam's Army is a joke, although it is rather disorganized. If it was a joke, what happened in Columbus? How about Jeonju? There were twice as many Mexicans in Jeonju as Americans, but who made the noise? Who wanted it badly and showed it? A billion people, including President Fox and his cabinet, heard our serenades, including: NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH HEY HEY GOODBYE! But at least the Mexican fans at the World Cup were almost completely non-violent and represented their country with class.
    Last night was a typical display of El Tri fans in the U.S., which is to say it was an absolute disgrace. Does anyone have the numbers of fans injured or arrested? How can we expect international football in Chicago when this takes place? Don't ruin it for the rest of us! There are Germans, Nigerians, Haitians, Chileans-people from every country in the world-in this town. We want to see games here.

7. michael greene

Oct 31, 2002
    It's not the location, it's the fans. There was a match in Phoenix pre-WC (vs. Yugo, I think?) that Mex lost and the same thing happened. When the US beats Mexico in (fill in any US city but Columbus) the same thing happens.

All the sponsors care about is collecting the gate money. What you saw is the rule, not the exception, and it will continue to be so as long these fundraising Tri matches are held in the US.

8. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

Can't find it.

9. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    How many Germans, Nigerians, Haitians, Chileans and people from every country in the world in this particular town actually attend soccer matches?

I want ballpark figures here.

Ex. No matter how many polaks live in Chicago, I doubt 40k+ would show up to a game.

The Mexicans are there in abundance, and they will continue to pay to see their team.

Until this changes, there's nothing you, me or anyone can do about it.

TRI fundraisers in the U.S. sponsored by AEG = crap.

Like everyone has stated earlier, we need to play elsewhere. Europe, Africa, South America.

Experience, Experience, Experience.

Plus, It'll give us naughty Mexicans something to think about. Clean up our act. :)

10. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    as i stated before, what the fukc is "el anciano" suarez doing in the NT? he was at fault for the first goal and he almost cost us a second!
    the team was lost, no creativity, no nothing. they couldnt even make 3 consecutive passes!!! the only bright spot was omar bravo, now this guy was the only one that did something, he went at them and did pretty good. bofo isnt doing *#*#*#*#, why was he called up? doest he have 0 league goals so far!?!?!
    the game was pathetically played by our nt, uruguay just outplayed a non-existent mnt.

These are the ones i believe shouldnt be called again:

"el anciano" Suarez, Rodriguez, Osorno, Zepeda, Arce, Bofo, Rubirosa, Valdez, Hugo Sánchez( is not yet ready), Méndez and LAVOLPE!!!...
    VS, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THAT I AGREE WITH YOU, BRING ON BIANCHI OR 'EL PELAO' DIAZ!

we need to see these players: Inuiguez, Mora, Galindo, Osorio, Parejita Lopez, Joel Huiqui, Mario Ortiz, Alejandro Corona, Alberto Medina, Altamirano and Everaldo Bejines!?!?:eek:

Fonseca and Rafael Márquez(Jaguares) need more continuity, they surely got the skills.

11. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Originally posted by Impaled

VS, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THAT I AGREE WITH YOU, BRING ON BIANCHI OR 'EL PELAO' DIAZ!

Even though neither has ever coached a National team i would pick Bianchi just because he has kept coaching and his teams are very solid defensively..

12. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well Put!

Could not agree with you more. I was asking the same questions.

13. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Que nos pasa?

[​IMG]

14. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hahahaha

15. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Great.

Un Argentino sale, otro entra?

No chinguen ya.

Tenemos a varios tecnicos.

Aunque muchos no lo quieran, el pelonete fue el mejor que hemos tenido en años, decadas, siglos.

Lapuente is my #1.

Then, it gets shady. Hugo (unproven til he wins the title), Quirarte, Los dos Tena, Mejia Baron (no se crean).

16. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i agree with you about lapuente...Lavolpe has never done anything outside of Mexico. The friendlys that he played vs brazilian teams he lost
    5-1 to Bahia, if i recall correctly. he has never shown anything outside of Mexico, Toluca hasnt done *#*#*#*# outside of Mexico. Now, look at Bianchi, he has won how many Copa Libertadores? 5? And if i recall correctly Diaz has also won a couple of Copa Libertadores.

17. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    But see, that's the problem.

Another Argie for Argie?

Why do we need a foreign coach?

No one knows our style of fut better than our own coaches.

Having said that, IF we HAD to pick a foreign coach, I would go with Bianchi, Hiddink or Cruyff (He doesn't want to coach, though).

At the same time, what has Bianchi done outside of clubs? He's never coached a national squad.

Still unproven to me.

18. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i agree with you, i would like a mexican coach but, who is there to replace lavolpe? quirarte? the one that choked at atlas? or how about aguirre...er nevermind he is in europe. how about meza? the idiot that almost cost us a trip to japorea?! the thing is that there are no current mexie coaches that could do the job.

honorable mentions would go to L.F. Tena, Arias and Hugol but he would need to win something first!

19. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Agreed.

So now we sit and wait.

La liguilla is when? Dec?

Eliminatorias begin Jan.