Mexico vs Uruguay (R)

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by EvilRick, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Perrone tambien estara (el del futbol Mx)

To this list add Vicente Sanchez of Toluca and Diego Perrone of Atlas.

2. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    live tv

Goltv will have the game live at 8:30pm ET on the 16th, they have the rights to all uruguayan games

telemundo also claims rights over the mexican team, I am sure they will carry thr game too.

3. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    [​IMG]

4. urunegro71

urunegro71 Member

Aug 15, 2003
    Newark New Jersey
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    vamo arriba uruguay

I can't wait to see Uruguay!!!! unfortunately i'm here in jersey : ( . I want to hear everybody's thought on the game tell me what you think the final will be my predictions uruguay 3-1 and there's going to be a fight : D...jajaja

5. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    equipo confirmado de Juan carrasco

Los once celestes, serán: Luis Barbat; Adrián Romero, Joe Bizera, Alejandro Lago y Daniel Hernández; Jorge Martínez, Marcelo Sosa y Carlos Grosnile; Vicente Sánchez, Diego Perrone y Horacio Peralta.

En el banco de suplentes, esperarán: Jorge Bava, Pablo Melo, Damián Paz, Pablo Munhoz, Cristian Rodríguez, Nicolás Vigneri y Fabián Estoyanoff.

la delantera es de Medio/lujo el resto es muy average, Uruguay en su historia solo le ha ganado 2 veces a mexico. Ojala pare de Llover para ver un buen partido en chicago.

6. Penarol1916

Penarol1916 Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    There is no rain in Chicago today, a beautiful blue sky right outside of my office in the Loop.
    I'm not predicting a win because noone good is playing for us, except for Bizera. I was really hoping that Bueno would get to play, but he didn't come along for the game.

7. efren95

efren95 Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Republic of Texas
    I only hope my Mexican brothers won't resort to the pathetic antics, fouling, diving, feigning and acting they did against Peru.

And hope they will never again repeat the childishly attitude when they abandoned the field to exchange "boxeo"...

What a depressing sight... What a lack of professionalism and civility...

8. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will be at the game tonight wearing my US Soccer red fleece.

When does Cobi go into the game?

9. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be there. I got invited to watch from one of the sky boxes. I just hope the TV gets FSW. My Fire have a big match tonight.

10. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I have my ticket....but the Cubs are playing. You just can't miss out on opportunities to celebrate if the Cubs happen to win. What to do.

11. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Originally posted by efren95

I only hope my Mexican brothers won't resort to the pathetic antics, fouling, diving, feigning and acting they did against Peru.

Hope !? You should pray that they wont do that again.

And hope they will never again repeat the childishly attitude when they abandoned the field to exchange "boxeo"...

OMG, what is it with these Mexicans and Boxing. And the fans too, with the chiken and knife fights in the parking lot, what Savages.

What a depressing sight... What a lack of professionalism and civility...

It all goes down to their Aztec ancestry. Their need to make Sacrafices to their Sun gOd have now been replaced with violence at futbol games.

12. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    Efren.......... Are you ashamed of your Mexican heritage?

13. Thomas Flannigan

Feb 26, 2001
    Chicago
    I am afraid if there is a repeat of the Mexico-Peru violence at Soldier Field it will be the end for international soccer events in Chicago. There are all kinds of Americans who hate soccer to begin with and can use a violent incident or fan riot to justify its demise. What happened at the Mexico Peru game was very serious, on the field and in the stands and the powers that be will throw out the baby with the bath water if you give them a pretext to do so.
    We have waited a long time for international soccer to return to Chicago. Please don't ruin it for the hundreds of other ethnic groups who live in this city and like to watch international soccer too.

14. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    Thomas....feeling pretentious and a tad arrogant today I see.

By the way, who was your audience with this comment?

15. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    and your telling us this because...??? i highly doubt any Mexican in BigSoccer will start fights or throw stuff on the field

16. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Please, every Mexican Nat'l team game Ive been to at soldier field has had fighting and throwing stuff in the crowd ( I'm not saying thats a good thing) but that won't stop international games from coming to soldier field. as long as people keep coming, and the money rolls in, they will be back.

17. PumaBear

PumaBear New Member

May 5, 2001
    back in el defectuoso
    Mexico perdio 2-0 ante un MUY superior Uruguay. El segundo de los charruas fue un golazo. Y para variar la gente de las tribunas se porto como unos animalitos aventandoles todo tipo de cosas a los jugadores Uruguayos que jugaron bien y limpio en general.... Que pena.

18. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For a second or two I actually feel bad for those pitufos that paid $30 for that &%$#

as I sat down to watch the rest of the match with my die hard el Tri friend, the only thing he could do in the final 30 was just start to laugh at how poor this el Tri side was. The passing, the lack of ideas in the final 1/3 and the inability to find an open man on the far post for a sure equalizer...only Ojitos could find worse results!

Que lastima el Tri! =La proxima vez puen. obtener el servico de sus paisanos....Hugo tal vez.....ni un gaucho vendido

Mod Note: Cut out the racist words.

19. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    I made a thread at the usa forum "mexican fans thrash soldier field"

20. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    The game was pahtethic a so is Lavolpe. Mexico learned sh#t from this game except the thing that he hasn´t learned, that players that have shown to suck for the tri, will suck always. He is there cryng about how they can't learn and how the youth is screwed and whatever when everybody knew his list sucks. It was funny that of their forwards, the only one that was worthy of a callup was by far the best player on the field, Omar Bravo. Osorno, Bofo and Rubirosa all sucked. Mario Mendez, Octavio Valdez and JP Rodriguez sucked like always. I hope that they really all get on Lavolpe´s case and don´t stoop down like stupid Jose Ramon junior and some in Televisa did. They are getting fooled, if Lavolpe is calling the youth, where is Mora, Iñiguez, Santana or even JP Garcia who is in freaking Atlas?? Why isn´t Altamirano in the team when he did alright and Valdez has sucked game after game.

The truth is that the Tri is playing worse every game and if the stupid Gold Cup was taken away, you will se the true spiral and those freaking games are in US. Stupid Lavolpe was complaining that its a lot of pressure when they don't support you like the fans did today. What the hell do you expect in Costa Rica!! I just hope Hugo shuts up so that he doesn´t deflect criticism that very needed.

21. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would not say that Soldier Field got trashed. But there was plenty of stuff thrown.

I was hit by a few things, and I was up in the club seats. People in the one hudnred level were throwing things into the 200 level, and the people in 400 were throwing things down below. A women siting behind me was hit in the shoulder so badly she needed medical attention.

Mostly soda cups were being thrown.

With about 5 minutes left I grabed my wife and headed up under the cover -- good thing too, in injury time the people sitting in front of me were hit, hard from the looks of it, with full cups from the 400 level.

22. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    That was pretty pathethic. Man maybe they should not play in Chicago anymore and move to other venues in the US like Phoenix that apparently are more peaceful.

23. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Me hablaban?

;)

24. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Just finished watching the game on my VCR

What a disgrace on the field by Mexico and by some of the Mexican fans in the stands.

The team looked lost tonight. I was hoping for some signs of improvement.

I am ashamed of the fans who decided to throw things onto to field, at the players, and at other spectators. No class!

What was up with the "Hugo" "Hugo" chants followed by the "Ole" "Ole" chants when Mexico was barely able to string together a couple of passes being down by 2 goals...

Frustrating!

BTW I hope Mexico does not play the England match I heard rumored anytime soon. We are not ready.

25. law5guy

law5guy Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Once again the Mexican fans show us Anglos how we are supposed to act a game. What a disgrace!