Mexico vs South Africa [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Sakuragi, Jul 7, 2005.

1. smartbomb

smartbomb Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Surprise! :rolleyes: Mexico lacks contundency and loses to counteratacks.

I'm not going to mention the god-awful players that seem to lose all abilities as soon as they wear the green shirt, but... what is wrong with Lavolpe? I mean what do they see in them that make him call them to the team? Does he hate these players, and want to expose them as clowns? I understand that the real midfielders must rest, but there were better options in the bench (Carlos Morales, for instance)... hell, why not call Sigifredo Mercado or Lucas Ayala if you feel like joking?

2. smartbomb

smartbomb Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He was the most dissapointing tho, I already knew the others were pretty bad, but Borgetti used to score sometimes...

3. XaviusX

XaviusX Member

Mar 21, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Don't worry, he's losing another year of his life by smoking more packs on the sidelines. :D

4. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    seriously i thought it was a joke when i heard chiquis name in the line up. It's one thing to be related but come on ,him playing in the seleccion. :mad:
    he wasnt even a starter for his team, but he still gets called up to el tri. :confused: Torrado should of been called up he didnt get much playing time in the conf. deraciones.

5. smartbomb

smartbomb Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Maybe Lavolpe wants him against TyT so he can get all the kicks :D

6. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

thats funny :D anyway my 400th post :cool:

7. socksgov

socksgov New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    california
    On the second goal all the blame can go to maza and lopez. If you follow the play from the start at one point all the players are covered but then maza and lopez get caught in the middle while they let the guy at the back post alone. Two guys "covering" on e guy who didnt do anything to let a guy get a tap in. Chiquis was afraid to play, it looked like he was not willing to make a pass if a player was more than five yards away. Chiquis was playing too conservatively not to mention he plays extremely slow, why was he evn called up he didnt even play at cruz azul until romano started resting guys at the end when they had wrapped up a spot in the playoffs. I do bet Lavolpe's daughter was happy. Pity has not done anything since he has been getting called up. J.A. Castro had the best season of anyone at his position, i dont know why he didnt get called up. Castro even had a better season than carmona, he had a minor injury but he should be more than okay. I thought mexico was more dangerous once medina came in, he did have one terrible center but this time around there were more good plays and only that one bad one. I actually thought marquez did much better in the second half after being practically invisible in the first half.

8. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Besides Omar Bravo, who was invisible until he hit the post, Mexico created a lot of chances because of the forwards. The Midfield was invisible. It was insane. Chiquis was crap and Lopez was worse. Zinha was the only one creating and he was totally double teamed since South Africa figured out early that Zinha was the only dangerous guy and that the others will screw it up. Altamirano was just let to throw useless crosses all day. It was insane. In the final minutes before Perez came in, Mexico literally had no midfield. They were 4 forwards and the defenders trying to make the passes. It's crazy.

The point is that all the guys that were in Mexico and are playing and trying to earn a spot on the team, played like crap and it hurt Mexico big time. It's insane the bad level of these guys. Many of them are the guys that play on those friendlies in which Mexico plays like crap and ties always. Now they get their chance in an official competition and instead of the Confederations cup team, they play as bad as they normally do and the other players had to step up and couldn't overcome the crap playing they offered.

9. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
  10. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    De un solo tajo se acabó la ilusión de la super selección mexicana que lo mismo derrotaba a Brasil que mandaba a tiempo extra a Argentina y Alemania, pues bastó una joven y desintegrada selección de Sudáfrica para acabar con su racha de 22 partidos sin conocer la derrota. Jared Borgetti fue incapaz de encontrar el arco rival y se quedó con las ganas de aumentar su cuenta personal de goleo
    :mad:

11. romero09

romero09 New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    .*-PEREZ ZELEDON -*.
    :eek: omg ,

i tought Cr was bad

---- Dios con Mexico y Costa Rica .. lol

12. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You're wrong, Mexico lost that undefeated streak against Germany.

13. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

I'm not sure they lost against germany in over time so tecnicly it doesnt count, but im probably wrong. :confused:

14. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You are wrong, it does count as a loss. Only when they go to penalty kicks, then it's considered a tie.

15. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    this is pathetic. Mexico dominates the entire fu<king match, has God knows how many shots, and still loses!!! talk about bad luck. i really really really hope Lavolpe does not play Lopez and Chiquis anymore.

16. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    so am i wrong or right? you said it doesnt count as a loss :confused:
    plez be more specific.

17. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Read the post again, Jesus!

18. chapulin

chapulin Member

Feb 27, 2005
    El Estado Dorado
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lavolpe should play Jerry Galindo in place of Israel Lopez... who agrees???
    This is how I wanta see Mexico vs. Guatemala...

---------------------OCHOA----------------------

-----MASA----------OSORIO--------SALCIDO-----

-ALTAMIRANO--------JERRY---------------PINEDA-

---------SINHA---------------L. PEREZ------------

----------BORGETTI--------BRAVO-----------------

OR

take out Luis Perez and put it Loquito or Venado as wing forward as well as change Bravo to wing as well... and leave Borgetti as "9"

19. Rusty_Shackleford

Mar 24, 2004
    i think you should take one for the team and break el chiquis' legs

20. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    jesus cant hear you. :D

21. Namdynamo

Namdynamo Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    B-team? More like a freaking D team. Beasley was the only A-team player out there.

22. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    Mexico 1 - 2 South Africa

This sucks asss. I wonder if Big head Lavolpe rubbed any of that on to the team?

23. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    By D-team, that means that these are our 34-44th best players. It wasn't that bad.

24. Stinkey Turner

Dec 15, 2000

C'mon man, you all sound like "the sky is falling" yanks around here when we tie Panama or something(oh, wait that happened to you too). :) Mexico was clearly the superior team and luck just didn't happen to be on your side. Mexico has been showing excellent form since the WC and has made CONCALAF proud at the CC. You'll bounce back for sure.

25. Stinkey Turner

Dec 15, 2000

The US has only recently been lucky enough to exhibit an internationally competitve B team(remember them and their great effort at the Confederation Cup? sarcasm), much less a D team!
    Just because a couple guys get their first cap, and a couple more getting a harder look does not make it a D team.