Mexico vs South Africa (r) Pre & post Game comments

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by jared9999, Jul 8, 2005.

1. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    South Africa will be bringing young players. Mexico should win this game by two goals at least. It will be an interesting game.

2. Flyin Ryan

Flyin Ryan Member

May 13, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^ on the other hand, look at how all the other A-teams have done:

Colombia 0:1 Panama

USA 4:1 Cuba FT
    USA 1:1 10-man Cuba 87'

3. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    MEX will easily take this game

4. joxash

joxash New Member

Apr 29, 2005
    Waco
    or not, 2-0 RSA at near the half

5. Poet

Poet Member+

Mar 13, 2001
    Toledo, Ohio
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MEX with the better possession but SA solid on the counter. Perhaps Mexico have underestimated SA?

6. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Possession that doesn't result in clear finishing chances, or there is no finishing, doesn't help anyone.. The most over-rated stat in soccer..
    You can play with yourself all day in midfield and the final third if you want but if nothing comes of it you may die from a good counter over and over..

7. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    :rolleyes:

are they a world power to underestimate anyone???????

8. tico_sapri

tico_sapri New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Toronto
    Its 2-0 South Africa

9. gnatfan

gnatfan Member

Mar 10, 2005
    Wow --Mexico just got beat by RSA. Shocking.

10. gnatfan

gnatfan Member

Mar 10, 2005
    I heard RSA wasn't bringing their "best" players--couldn't get releases from club teams. The coach was pretty upset.

11. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    He feels a little better now.. :)

12. XaviusX

XaviusX Member

Mar 21, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    South Africa played good in the 1st half, but they died down in the 2nd. Their 2 goals were decent, especially the second one, but Mexico had the chance to beat them by a wide margin. For some reason the ball would not go in the back of the net for them, they had so many chances. Mexico were just unlucky in this match, but I'll give South Africa credit for defeating one of the favorites of this Tourney, despite not having their star players.

13. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    You got that right!!!!!! Afterall, African teams suck and besides, Bafana Bafana is bringing their B/C squad vs so many mexican A teamers.

Wait.....

YYYYEEEEEEEEHHHHHHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    What will you do Ursula if it's a USA vs So. Africa final? ;)

15. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    Explode!

16. XaviusX

XaviusX Member

Mar 21, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You shouldn't say that word in times like these. :(

17. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C
    Mexico lost because they didn't have luck in scoring and because their fowards weren't in the field..Borgetti proves again he's a extremely mediocre foward scores every now and then bla bla.... S.A scored when they had to period they've won.

18. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    :D Wow, a stunning game! South Africa brought the best game with them even if they didn't bring their best players. I hope Mexico doesn't make it past the group stage. That would show them after their win over us as Azteca. How do you play on US soil, biatches? LOL!

19. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    You said it, pal!
    To think THIS was 70 or 80% of the oh so laureate Mexican team which stunned the world with its formidable level at the Confed Cup.
    It just goes to show how the Mexican national team has this ability to stink up a stadium whenever they feel they're too good for a tournament. (And I'm Mexican and I'll take it like a man). They did it vs. Guatemala and vs. T&T, and now they're back with their national team indolence.
    With that in mind, I'd probably ask the Home Depot stadium crowd those resounding Johnny Rotten words: "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"

20. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will you be selling tix to that event? If the first 3 rows get ponchos, I'm in for a front row seat! ;)

21. romero09

romero09 New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    .*-PEREZ ZELEDON -*.

You crack me up gringo .. made my night ;)

22. jmarquez1976

jmarquez1976 New Member

May 5, 2005
    No muerdas!
    Yeah...you can all bitch & make fun, the result deserves it. But be careful because Mexico still played waaaay better than the U.S. did against Cuba. Completely different level...much more speed, control & creativity (although accuracy & luck were obviously missing).

23. dna77054

dna77054 Member+

Jun 28, 2003
    houston
    Game reminded me of the US-Iran WC98 game. US/Mex with all of the play and chances, banging the ball off the posts all day long and nothing to show for it. While Iran/South Africa, score on their only 2 shots of the game. These things happen sometimes, and better to happen in the first round than in an elimination game.

After this match, I felt Mex deserved the win. After the US-Cuba match, I felt US deserved a tie. Of course, should Mexico not win the group, this could screw things up for the dream final.

24. RedandWhite

RedandWhite Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Canada
    I'm stunned. I thought Mexico would take this game.

So far, 2 upsets:

Panama over Colombia
    South Africa over Mexico

25. tico_sapri

tico_sapri New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Toronto
    They took mexico and mexico has most of there stars n South Africa dont :eek: