Pre-match: Mexico vs. Honduras- WC qual (II)

Discussion in 'Central America' started by rceveda, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Wilson Palacios signed a new deal with Wigan over a month ago, the transfer window has been open how long? When were these bids made? And surely a club like Wigan wouldn't snub a 12 million bid for a player they got for less than tenth of the price, this is business after all.

I laugh at my friends jokes because they are actually funny.

Amado Guevara has played 12 games, 11 as a starter and has scored 3 goals and has 3 assists while TFC is tied for last place in the East with Kansas City and NYRB.

you call that impact?

:rolleyes:

Amado Guevara isn't a defensive mid and he's deffinitely nowhere near close to being the top anything in CONCACAF.

2. kingallan2k7

kingallan2k7 New Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    be smart man

he said wilson palacios is the best defensive mid in concacaf

3. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    even so, he's still wrong and there has been nothing smart about his posts, let alone this thread.

4. catracho19

catracho19 New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Wilson Palacios just got back from playing games with Honduras and his vacation. That's why he just signed these deals. The offers were made after the last game of the English season when Wigan Athletic played Manchester United. And if you wanna have a good team you can't see all your players. Yous say there has been nothing smart about my threads. You are the one that comes on and doesn't know your facts. I can answer all the questions you want about us being better than you so keep them coming. And name one defensive midfielder that is better than Wilson Palacios in CONCACAF. Wilson Palacios was one of the top 10 signings of the Premier League. Any Mexicans that have been top 10 signings anywhere? Wilson Palacios is smart with the ball and sets up smart plays. Btw, Amado Guevara was third highest in the votes for the all star game. Just behind Beckham and Blanco. If he wasn't an impact you think people would vote for him. Anyone who can kick a free kick like Amado Guevara in Mexico? Btw, stop being so dumb and actually read the posts. I wasn't talking about Amado Guevara liked the other guy cleared up. Just proves your intelligence and ability to R-E-A-D. Make sure you can back up your arguments and hit me back about a better defensive midfielder in CONCACAF than Wilson Palacios. Oh, and about Mexican's being one of the top 10 signings anywhere...

5. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Back up my arguments?

How about you provide a link to theses "offers" first.

I presented you with facts and you have yet to provide a link and until you do your arguments are weak and getting weaker with you blabbering about how much intelligence oozes out of your cranium.

6. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol just to name you a few better free-kickers then guevara, well here we go

ramoncito morales
    Cuah blanco
    Rafa marquez
    Pavel pardo (better dm than palacios)

want me to keep going??

7. catracho19

catracho19 New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Wow... when did you learn the word cranium? Here is the link so you can shut up. http://soccerlens.com/transfer-rumors-070508/7354/

And yet another one here: http://www.diez.hn/content/view/full/15630

Cuauhtemoc Blanco better than Amado hahaha! Look at Cuau's freekick:

Cuauhtemoc Blanco's Freekick

Look at Amado Guevara's...

Amado Guevara's Freekick

Rafael Marquez... Please. He is a good defender but please don't compare his freekicks to Amado Guevaras. They are nowhere near his.

Ramon Morales is the only one that is close to Amado Guevara's freekick skill. I'll post the link to Morales' freekick because it's the only one that deserves credit. It's not as good as Amado Guevara though.

Ramon Morales' Freekick

Pardo better than Palacios! Hahahahaha... That's why they don't want him in the Bundesliga anymore. He hasn't recieved any offers from huge clubs in better leagues. He is old and that's why they don't need him. You are trying to compare a 32 year old Mexican to a 23 year old Young Honduran that has already accomplished more in his career. He was rated one of the TOP 10 signings of the Premier League (Best European League according to IFFHS) Here is the link to the IFFHS ratings... And here are the top 10 signings of the Premier League. Pardo isn't even close. Keep dreaming.

If you guys are going to argue with me then point to information just like me. I have shown you articles, videos so please don't insult my credibility. You guys are the one's that come on and say Pardo is better... where is the proof? You say that all these players are better at freekicks... I've shown you the videos... And "...In My Defense" you are thew one that keeps asking for proof and I've shown you it, yet you haven't shown me anything.

8. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Do you know what the word reportedly means?

When I asked you to provide a link, I meant a link proving Aston Villa and Man U officially made bids for Palacios, like you stated.

If you want to believe Guevara is a better free kick taker (he's pretty damn good) than Morales then it's cool, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

It's quite clear you don't know much about Mexican soccer so I won't argue with you about our quality anymore.

btw, that link you posted is to the transfer rumors section of a soccer news site, you might as well have linked goal.com.

9. catracho19

catracho19 New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    It's ok you can't accept the facts. If you can't see by the videos that Amado is better it just shows how ignorant you really are.

10. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Palacios has accomplished more than Pardo? Wow, you really ARE stupid. Pardo has played in 2 World Cups, 2 Confederations Cups, a bunch of Gold Cups, he captained America, the Mexican national team and Stuttgart, AND he won the Bundesliga with Stuttgart who have turned down America's advances to bring him back once his contract expires. Not to mention he was voted Top 5 Bundesliga player the year they were crowned champions.

You claimed Guevara was making an "impact" at TFC and I showed you stats and facts that prove he hasn't and you subsequently ignore them and proceed to call me "dumb."

You claimed Aston Villa and Man U made offers for Palacios and when asked to prove it, you provide bogus links to transfer rumor sites, I mean, are you kidding me? You must not know how things work around here. You're going to be eaten alive.

poor noob.

11. catracho19

catracho19 New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    See, you proved me wrong. Pardo has accomplished things but hasn't played in "a bunch of Gold Cups"... he has played in three. OK, i give you that. Amado has made an impact. He starts all plays and though he might not get many assists it doesn't mean he isn't involved with the plays. He plays defensive midfield so you think he is going to make tons of goals? He has an amazing freekick and I proved that. He takes all the freekicks for Toronto and I think you have failed to notice he has only been at Toronto a couple of months. Ask any Toronto fan, Amado Guevara is either first or second best on the team. Watch one of their games and then you can tell if he is making an impact. And if you payed attention to the sites I gave you, it shows that Manchester United offered 12 million dollars for Wilson Palacios. It wasn't a transfer rumor it was fact. here are quotes from the second article. The title is, "Wigan pide $16 millones al Manchester" and it says in the first sentence of the second paragraph very clearly, "Manchester United ofreció 12 millones de dólares por Wilson Palcios, pero no, Wigan quiere más." If you can't read it's not my problem. Don't go saying my articles are rumors. That is why I called you dumb.

Wow, I'm a noob because I joined one month after you. No one is a noob if they know what they are talking about. I'm gonna be eaten alive. As far as I can tell the only one criticizing what I'm saying is you and that other Mexican. It's ok you guys are jealous of Honduras' players. I make smart arguments and provide facts and links while the only thing you have done is try to avoid them.

12. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    :confused:

This is what you said.

Look Ma!!!

I can link youtube videos too!!!

[youtube]pN0kxiz8GKs[/youtube]

[youtube]5oaZXbKK_fA[/youtube]

Two out Four of those goal were scored against Argentina and Brazil in official tournaments, just so you know.

13. catracho19

catracho19 New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    First of all, Wilson Palacios is the best defensive midfielder in CONCACAF... there is no way to back that up. You just have to watch his matches.

Second of all, The Sun isn't on Honduras' side. They are not trying to make everyone believe that Wilson Palacios is good. They are a group of reporters and experts that watch every Premier League game and follow every player. It was the opinion of a group of reporters in England that know WAY more than us about the players in the Premier League.

Third, those goals were made in 2004 so it doesn't show how good those players are now and it has players that aren't even playing now. That is the old, glorious Mexico that used to be better than every other country in CONCACAF but have you forgotten the present Mexican Team? The one that lost to Honduras in the Gold Cup and only beat Cuba 2-1 while Honduras beat them 5-0. Those videos make your players look good, but they were two results four years ago. Calm down.

Face it, you are wrong.

14. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Dude, seriously, that link you posted is to the transfer rumors section, there's no confirmation that bids were made and turned down. Even one of the mods came in here told you chill out, because you were throwing out personal attacks like it was your job and now you want to try to act civil?

Rumors do not =actual bids.

You, on the other hand = illiterate and stupid.

Bad combo.

I haven't avoided anything, I've provided facts to counter each one of your arguments and when I couldn't find any links that proved Aston Villa and Man U actually placed bids for Palacios and had them turned down by Wigan, I asked you to provide them and you failed. I showed you Guevara's and TFC's stats and you ignored them.

And you're a noob because you in fact DON'T KNOW what you're talking about but are acting as if you do. I already proved you wrong about Pardo and frankly, this is getting ridiculous.

They recommend you lurk around BigSoccer for a while until you get the flow of things before you start posting, maybe you should consider doing so.

15. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol

16. catracho19

catracho19 New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Wow... are you really denying that Manchester United and Aston Villa made offers for Wilson Palacios after I showed you the two articles. You surpassed yourself. Those aren't rumors and I even included quotes so you could understand better. Seems like you are the one attacking people. You need to calm down and now that I have proved you wrong like five consecutive times you aren't providing any good arguments. And you did show me Guevara's stats... big deal, I already talked about them in the post above. It just proves you are becoming desperate and bringing up old arguments that have already been discussed. Read the last posts carefully before saying I don't know anything. I love how you mentioned the Moderator. I had said to someone "they don't know shit" because he said Amado hasn't made an impact on his team and that is why called me out. Yet you are the one that is personally attacking people. By the way, who is "they" when you say I should lurk around BigSoccer. You are making a fool of yourself you should just stop.

17. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    What part of transfer rumors do you not understand?

There was NOTHING on Man U's website.

There was NOTHING on Aston Villa's webstite.

If bids had been placed and turned down it would've been widely known. Anything Man U is news around the world, surely you would be able to provide concrete proof to back up your claims and you haven't done that. Get that through your thick skull, this isn't a chat room and when you say something is true you have to back it up.

I didn't attack you until long after you attacked me. It's funny how you forget the mod told you to stop with the personal attacks way before I even replied to your posts.

You need to go back and re-read the last 10 pages because you went from claiming that Palacios was the best D-mid in CONCACAF and saying he had accomplished more than Pardo to then backtracking and eating your words saying "I proved you wrong."

Look man, trust me, I'm doing you a favor. If you want to have even an ounce of credibility around here, do your research before you post and don't post your opinions claiming them as fact because that's all you've done.

18. catracho19

catracho19 New Member

Apr 21, 2008

It's just a rumor? Here is another article that is on the Manchester United site. Showing you he was one of their objectives this summer.

I didn't eat my words on anything. I was wrong about Pardo accomplishing more than Palacios but he is 32... Palacios is 23. I still think Palacios is the best midfielder in CONCACAF that is why when we played Columbia they had like 2 guys on Palacios the whole time. Yet we still won and he played an excellent game. He is so talented and smart with the ball. He makes incredible passes and starts amazing plays. Watch any of his games.

By the way, I obviously do much more research than you. Look at all of my posts. 10 posts back like you stated. Each one of them has FACTS... they all have evidence and argue why my position is correct. You simply state something without backing it up. My opinions aren't facts. It is arguable that Wilson Palacios is not the best Defensive Midfielder in CONCACAF. That is my opinion. However, what is fact is that Manchester United offered 12 million dollars for Wilson Palacios after only 4 months in the English Premier League where he was bought for only one million pounds. That means his price tag has gone up x 6 in 4 months. That is my argument for why he is better. Why would a team offer so much money if he wasn't any good? Pardo was bought for a little less from Meixco (1 million EUROS) and after playing YEARS in the Bundesliga he has never had growth like that. He was the 5th best in the Bundesliga during his first year which is the fourth best European league according to the IFFHS and now he is 32 years old and unsure about his future... He isn't better than Palacios (that is my opinion and argument) because Wilson Palacios is rated the 9th best signing in the Sun of the English Premier League (best European League according to IFFHS) after only 4 months. If that isn't factual enough for you, than you are lost. I'm done arguing with you... I'm right.

19. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    DUDE your posting OPINIONS that is not the same thing as a FACT, ace it Pardo is better then Palacios I know its hard to admit that but when Palacios leads a team to a Championship on his first year talk to us.
    BTW here is more of Ramoncito
    [youtube]-e2MdQWnf_Q[/youtube]

[youtube]nr3MUxLWx3w[/youtube]

pleaseee dont have a jack off with amado, At least moncho has the balls to call out david beck's for being a little b*tch last year.

20. catracho19

catracho19 New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    I'm posting opinions... If you has read my previous post you would have noticed that I clearly pointed at evidence and gave an argument as to why it is true. Of course me believing that Wilson Palacios is the best Defensive Midfielder is an opinion. How can I make that fact. I simply stated my opinion and how it was arguable but I gave real arguments and FACTS as you say... By the way, Stuttgart has always been a main contender in the Bundesliga. Pardo didn't LEAD them to be champions his first year. They have always been one of the top teams and they won it as a team. Palacios however DID make an impact. After his signing the team went from 19th place to 14h place in a few months. They played better and he set up most of the plays. He doesn't have to win a championship with a team that already wins it by themselves to prove he is better. It's like if a player goes to Lyon and they win the championship that year. He didn't make it happen. They always win. So before you make a post think about what you say. Oh, and Amado isn't David Beckham. He is in it for the love of soccer, not the money. I don't know why I even had to respond to your last sentence. Didn't have anything to do with the Mexico - Honduras game.

21. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006

Note the bolded parts.

That's your opinion and it doesn't make it true just because you believe in it.

I asked for a link to these so called bids because I was well aware in Man U's interest in Palacios along with the Ecuadorian Valencia. The truth is alot of players are always linked to Man U and most of the time nothing comes of it, like in this case. That first link you provided is to a fan/journalist blog, there is nothing official about it. I mean, you're quoting fan blogs and presenting it as fact, that's the problem.

The fact is Palacios signed a new deal with Wigan even before the transfer window opened. If satisfactory bids were actually placed then he wouldn't have signed a new contract at Wigan until the transfer window opened to keep his options open.

Did they teach you the difference between fact and opinion in school?

Note the bolded parts.

Like I said before, there's nothing factual about your opinions.

MLS teams are 0-13 against Mexican teams in Mexico during official tournaments.

You list players playing in second and third divisions in England and Italy as FACT that your players are better.

How many of them have been an integral part of Championship winning teams?

I can list at least 5 Mexicans in Europe that have done it.

Did you decide to skip the part in my last post where I showed you that Pardo, Osorio, Rafa, Nery and Salcido had all won championships with their teams while being starters?

Or did you choose to ignore those facts as well?

This is what you said before....
    And after.

:rolleyes:

Here are the facts:

Amado has played 12 games, 11 as a starter and has scored 3 goals and has 3 assists. That's a 25% efficiency rating in either goals scored or assists. That's pretty mediocre for one of the main offensive weapons for TFC. Not to mention that they're tied for last place in the East with Kansas City and NYRB.

Once again, that's what you call making an impact?

You linked two sites. The first one said "reportedly" bids were made. That's speculation, NOT fact.

The other link was to a Honduran newspaper who quoted The Sun and Goal.com, two of the least trusted footy sites on the net.

Every soccer fan worth his salt knows this.

You and me both my friend.

22. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well said defense

23. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    oye D

si leiste las ultimas 10 paginas porfa dime que no estoy loco.

este wey anda hablando puras mamadas y se hace el pendejo cuando le muestro pruebas de veras que demuestran las babosadas que esta diciendo son eso, puras babosadas.

24. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Si estaba lei todo y no estas loco :D