Mexico vs. Guatemala 6-18-2011

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by aguimarães, Jun 14, 2011.

1. mazizo337

mazizo337 New Member

Aug 4, 2008
    nAZi Land
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    But yeah I agree with you guys that the whole bunkering thing is lame, but that is not the reason why I liked it, I liked it because WE WON and they showed alot of balls to come back and win it even tho Guate had 10 defenders + a goalie lol & I still give props to Guatemala I don't give a fak what anyone else says they made Mexico fight for it!

2. Handsome Solo

Handsome Solo Member+

Mar 24, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    literally!

3. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What a piece of crap Guatemala played, bunke bunker hack bunker pray to god once we go down and continue to bunker. I thought their coach said they were coming to play :rolleyes:

The better team won

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Guatemala is who we thought they were.

After watching the Group stage what were you Mexican fans thinking???? They would come out like Barca and attack you with awesome possession????

I think not.

They did what they usually do to stay in games. You can hate on it all you want and say nasty things about it but Great teams and Great fans don't cry about tactics like that. They focus on the big picture. Mexico got the win, no need to say "blah, blah, blah bunker, blah, blah , blah, dirty, blah, blah ,blah, hack, blah, blah, blah. etc,"

It gets redundant and stale really quick.

5. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    EduarDitto "The Pelé of Anal"
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    thats what we say about the nads, but it doesn't end!
    [​IMG]

6. RED_HOT_CHILI_PEPPER

Feb 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I give more props to El Salvador even though they lost 5-0. Guate just played D. You will never win anything playing like that.

7. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    L0L!! this thread was funny when Guate had the lead, all the Mexican fans were quiet, but when they scored. God oh migthy the Flood Gates open and comments starting coming. Funny.

By the way Posting picture= fail

>UNO<

8. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    by the way being jalbadoreno=fail

9. captainTsubasa

captainTsubasa New Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Guatemala City
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    LOL, so we bunkered, i thought u guys were going to score 10 goals, i just think its a week argument and you guys are making excuses, if Mourinho, bunkers his team against barcelona, its brilliant, but if Almeida Bunkers against mexico thats anti futbol, give me a brake, futbol is also about tactics and our tactic, had you guys shitting yourselves for 60 min or so, so call it whatever you guys want, but i know you were shaking when we were up 1-0, and to those decent mexico fans who have posted it was a good game, chicharito is on another level, congrats!

10. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Shitting yourself? Shaking? Please Guatemala, we knew we were going to win. I'm surprised even when we took the lead your team didnt try to attack because they knew that as soon as they opened up they would get pummeled like a cheap whore.

11. VincentVega

VincentVega Member

May 11, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We didn't score 5 this time, but we WON. Mexico is ADVANCING, Guatemala is GOING HOME.
    :D:cool:

12. captainTsubasa

Jun 7, 2011
    Guatemala City
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    With players in Man United, PSV, Fulham, West Ham, Deportivo, and in other clubs in europe, you guys should be ashamed if u didnt win, the reality is you guys have a better team than us, but yesterday, we went toe to toe and didnt back down!!

13. BigClos

BigClos Red Card

Jun 6, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    we have to rename this region BUNKERCAF. pinche federacion sin huevo's. on the media ya, they are tough we can beat mexico blah blah blah. once we step the field we see a 6-7 man defense.:eek:

14. captainTsubasa

Jun 7, 2011
    Guatemala City
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    What do you want El Salvador, Guatemala, Canada, and other teams in the region do???? be stupid and expose our goal???? its tactics, im sorry not every team is gonna let you run over them like u guys did to costa rica, but remember, there is such a thing as tactics!

15. BigClos

BigClos Red Card

Jun 6, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    but you guys are superior, remember? I can carelss If you bunker, just stop saying You're on our level and then bunker. That's what pisses off most mexicans.

16. captainTsubasa

Jun 7, 2011
    Guatemala City
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I didnt say that!!! its pretty obvious you guys have better players, i mean we dont have any body playing in europe, our only guys playing abroad are in MLS, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure it out, but i do think that last night we went toe to toe with you guys and did not back down!

17. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    The mexicans get all wet every time they win a couple of games. They think they are the kings of the region but always have an excuse when they get hit in the mouth. They have a huge population and brag that they have an amazing team, when they obviously have a good but not a golden generation by any means. We will hit you in the mouth on Wednesday mexicans, let's see how you guys respond.

Win or lose, I will be back here and won't be crying like a little girl giving excuses.

18. VincentVega

VincentVega Member

May 11, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lame tactics though. Bunkering is the equivalent of hugging out the remainder of a boxing match after a lucky knockdown. No one respects that.

It has been said before, concacaf teams love to bunker against Mexico. It has worked in the past. Didn't work yesterday.

That is why i have always said that the U.S. has never been better than mexico. All their wins pretty much came as a result of bunkering.

19. captainTsubasa

Jun 7, 2011
    Guatemala City
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Really? lame tactics???? Chelsea and Inter Bunker against barcelona, some of the greatest Italy teams were ultra defensive and would bunker against teams, italian clubs were famous also for their catenaccio tactics, bunkering its not lame, teams who have bunkered in the past aka Italy have won a lot more than your team and your "beautiful football" give me a break man!!! and fyi the US has eliminated you guys from a world cup, yeah i wouldnt be saying that you guys are a lot better than them!

20. BigClos

BigClos Red Card

Jun 6, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    you will bunker too, what's the point to even argue with you, another 1-6-3-1 formation for honduras. what else can you expect lol

21. VincentVega

VincentVega Member

May 11, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lame tactics...

22. VincentVega

VincentVega Member

May 11, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You will hit us in the mouth and chicharito will come back and hit you twice in the mouth.:D

23. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    EduarDitto "The Pelé of Anal"
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    so you're saying that we won.
    good.

24. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LOL @ the biotipo perfecto.

hit us in the mouth...pobres diablos.

25. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Mexicans since we in central America are minnows and don't know how to play soccer. Explain to me the outcome of the last 4 matches played between Honduras and Mexico outside of the axteca. Explain to me why we always bunker against you guys yet your goalie has been videotaped asking for mercy before. Explain to me why Honduras has a winning record against you guys since 2000.

Guatemala bunkered and we will sit back and counter if we feel that is the appropriate tactic to play against you guys. You guys love to confuse bunkering with using a counter attacking strategy. There are differences.