Mexico VS Chile September 4th In Barcelona

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team: News, Analysis & History' started by Tello, Sep 1, 2011.

1. SkiptoMyLou

SkiptoMyLou Member+

Mar 20, 2011

And Chepo not calling Sinha or Torrado-Castro? That would be shocking.

2. and1football

and1football Member+

Nov 10, 2009
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Looks good, but I think that Moreno would be in place of Marquez. Even Maza is getting older. I think the CB pairing might be Moreno/Araujo in the future.

3. The Boy From School

Apr 1, 2011
    Arizona
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    El Principito's gol in HD. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGDpBKXen2s&hd=1"]Fu?tbol Gol Andre?s Guardado - Me?xico vs. Chile Partido amistoso - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHufk_5EjGU&hd=1"]México 1 0 Chile Amistoso Internacional Gol Andres Guardado 04 10 2011 HD - YouTube[/ame]

4. Jimmy America

Jimmy America Member

Jun 4, 2005
    Nerys Eyebrows
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I guess Chepo doesn't like Vela at all huh? I'd still like to see Vela get some time.
    He and Gio can really click sometimes.

5. Robert_08

Robert_08 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    El Paso
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Its not that he doesn't like him, he just doesn't deserve a call up at the moment. Once he gets more playing time with Real Sociedad I'm sure he will call him to give him a look. :)

6. Robert_08

Robert_08 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    El Paso
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Maza and Moreno will most likely be our CBs in 2014. After the 2014 WC if Reyes sticks to CB that spot is his :cool:

7. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    que pinche golazo de Guardado!

gracias a el, me he ganado un 12 de cheves :D

8. Award Tour

Award Tour Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Brooklyn, New York
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That's BS. Chepo played Barrera and Juarez as starters at a time when they weren't doing anything. His preseason with Arsenal was good, yet nothing. Chepo is an idiot, and his use of Zinha and co are proof of that. Look at the people he calls up ahead of Vela and then tell me if that's rational.

9. Award Tour

Award Tour Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Brooklyn, New York
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You know how Mexico's attack almost always die after the subs? Imagine Barrera, Vela and/or Nery coming in... I'd think the attack would get even stronger. Plus competent passer in the middle with Jona? Man, I wish.

10. Juturna67

Juturna67 Member+

Chelsea
    Mexico
    Aug 14, 2011
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Exactly what I was thinking. I just don't get what goes through these DT's heads sometimes.

11. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Is everyone now convinced that the hobbit just doesn't play well with the NT? It hasn't been just one game, he's done absolutely nothing in the string of games that he's played.

12. Joe_Papi_Brown

Apr 26, 2010
    Texas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Exactly... hope when the real games come (wcq) that he calls THE BEST players available...

13. Juturna67

Juturna67 Member+

Chelsea
    Mexico
    Aug 14, 2011
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I mean if he hasn't called them up now for the friendlies, which is when coaches tend to experiment to find the right XI and to give players the experience to play with the NT, what makes you think he'll all of a sudden call them to the WCQ? I hope he does. Judging from the opinion of the members on here and on other forums, it seems like calling the above players would be the logical thing to do. It makes sense right? But somehow to the DT it doesn't think so lol. And btw do you post on the BB forums?

14. Joe_Papi_Brown

Apr 26, 2010
    Texas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    you are right...but, maybe by that time guys like Nery and Vela will be in good form or at least thats what im hoping for.

What are the BB forums?

15. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    lol at people who see Jona in our starting 11 by the next world cup -_-....

16. sowrong

sowrong Member+

Aug 20, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :confused:

Its 3 years away, he'll be 24 and and Torrado and Castro will be 35 and 34. Your comment makes no sense.

17. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Based on the plan that was put in place when Nestor took over, Chepo and the coaching staff will allow the younger players to finish their process with the Panamerican and Olympic teams before integrating them into the full squad which basically means the guys who stand out in those two tournaments will be promoted to the first team.

With that said, Jona was one of the best players on the Copa America team before he was booted so there is reason to believe he will be one of the guys getting a shot with the senior team when WCQs start after the Olympics next year.

I'd say he's a good best to on the final roster for Brazil '14.

As far as being a starter, I'm not so sure.

18. El Mariachi

El Mariachi Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Más Allá
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    good second half

gooolazo from Guardado.

I really wish that Cheech would have given a little pass off to Gio on that move he made to get open in front of the box instead of taking that bad shot

19. and1football

and1football Member+

Nov 10, 2009
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He certainly has everything going for him to be in that position. He has talent and potentional; trains with Barcelona and not only that, but as EGunner said, Torrado and Castro will be 35 and 34 years old, respectively, when the the next World Cup comes around. I doubt they'll be selected to the final squad. It's just a guess, but right now there's a 50/50 chance he'll be our next CM.

20. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    People should just get over the fact that torrado will be there. No one can destroy like he can, don't go undefeated fourteen games with a guy who sucks so much as some of you would like to think at such an important position. he hasn't really shown signs of slowing down drastically, don't think that will change much in three years. He seems to be very professional with regards to taking care of his body.

21. lalo_azteca

lalo_azteca Member

Aug 30, 2011
    chitown, il
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm going to go out on a limb and argue that Vela, Nery and Gio won't be in Chepo's main team till they start doing something remarkable in their club teams and the public starts clamoring for their call-ups or in Gio's case to be made a starter simply because they don't fit Chepo's tactics...and to that point I have a beef with Chepo because I think he is way too rigid with his formation and tactics. Till when are we going to start questioning his defensive formation I know Carrillo in Picante's show a couple nights ago alluted to this and I know one thing about Mexican footie, results are not everything!!!

Say what you will about Aguirre but I definitely believe Aguirre's/Carrillo's tactics are better suited to our current crop of players just because he used his players as interchangeable parts for example Castro would switch with Juarez, Guardado would move to CM, Gio would switch with Vela etc...This I believe would be better because we have a bunch of players without a fixed position. I certainly don't wish he would have stayed in charge because he made his mistakes as we all know most noticeably lo del Chicharito pero deberia de ver continuado su proceso con Carrillo buenos this is my humble opinion.

Back to Chepo, don't know but I think he's leading us to his own version of bunker ball with a little sugar sprinkled in nomas pa' despistar. We shouldn't get pulled into this triunfalismo because we are undefeated under Chepo because in reality we haven't faced anyone yet of importance, excluding Chile as we all saw that was just a scrimmage game. Haven't said all that of course I support Chepo as acting manager but we need to see Gio as a starter not his picador Sinha, we need Vela in place of that inutil peralta or whatever garbage player he brings in, and last but not least good ol' Nery as a STARTER of course to bring hustle that is surely missed and havic to all defenses...imagine Nery doubled with Chicharito = instant success. So all in all Chepo needs to quit **********-footing around and call his best players, or is it he can't handle all the egos?

22. ZmoreJH14

ZmoreJH14 Member

May 12, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    1 half
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1XVvi7ctUU&feature=channel_video_title"]Mexico 1 - 0 Chile [9/4/2011] Primer Tiempo - YouTube[/ame]

2nd half
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS9O-XaHyYk&feature=relmfu"]Mexico 1 - 0 Chile [9/4/2011] Segundo Tiempo - YouTube[/ame]