Mexico vs Argentina, 09-10-2019 @ San Antonio TX

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by OG Junglist, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    You always come with the weirdest and worst takes.

Did I miss something? Didn't the Argentina game happened in San Antonio? What the hell would playing Israel in Israel would have helped us (who by the way they are in UEFA)? El Salvador went to Japan and then didn't make it out of the group stages of the Gold Cup and just lost to the Dominican Republic. Friendlies are the least of the problems. Club play and getting players to europe, the thing that truly develop players is. The friendlies in the US that are hampering Mexico are all those stupid Liga MX/MLS shit they play instead of Libertadores now.

2. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i remember when the nads went to germany and the netherlands to play a couple of friendlies, they won both, then they got owned by jamaica in the gold cup haha. IIRC they also got dominated by haiti, so much for turning into battle hardened warriors over friendlies

3. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Yeah Mexico has been going all CONMEBOL and the US for the friendlies. They haven't been bad. Their next friendly is a non FIFA friendly against Trinidad and Tobago in Toluca which is

A) a physical CONCACAF team just like what they would face in the Nations League with Bermuda and Panama

B)Good experience for a team that is going to be all Liga MX and probably very heavy with U23 players

C) a non FIFA date friendly which means they couldn't get a great squad for the game either.

Yet watch when the game comes, it going to be filled with all the criticism from Mexico about "why are we playing Trinidad and Tobago in Toluca and not Spain in Madrid (even when they are Champions League games that same day) or Italy in Rome ???" -

4. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    First loss of the era and the journos are already whining about the off-schedule parties. Typical.

5. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    This is silly, we all know the reason here's a hint "$".

LGRod repped this.
  6. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #556 LGRod, Sep 12, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    The blonde one Layun's with reminds me of Paris Hilton.:ROFLMAO: I wonder if those girls knew who they are. spotted a gordiguapa in the pics for @Serg33 .The nads never party so they are boring AF like their football. Any more pics or vids? Tons k cuando vamos a pistear con el tri @Don Boppero 3000 ?

7. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I can't tell if Memo is telling a great story in that pic, or if he's trying to order the next round.

DaTruth, Chivo and LGRod repped this.
  8. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    You can't prepare for a team like Argentina (can't stand them but they all play with passion it's insane) with 2 practices and new players into the processo. In the long run, will serve the team well because our top 15 player pool is as good as it's ever been and when Tata gets time to really work with all these players the quality will show.

Neymadres, El Jalisciense and LGRod repped this.
  9. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Looking outside of the result this game really showed how far we still have to go to be a top team. When Argentina had they ball they were calm, precise, confident, and mentally sharp on the ball. This is why Mexico can't find a way to play it up the middle and take on a defender to create space or do a few one touch passes to make a run behind their defenders. They always resort to playing the safe option on the wing so they don't lose it in the middle and get caught. The Argentine players knew what their next move was as the pass is coming in, it feels like our guys wait an eternity to decide what to do. It's a friendly of course, but the difference in quality was evident.

I don't know what we need to do to get to that level, but we will not be a serious contender for the WC until we are.

10. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What a great time

DaTruth and LGRod repped this.
  11. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Having players stop bailing on Europe before the age of 30 would be a great start

DaTruth, Neymadres, Otaku and 6 others repped this.
  12. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Doesn’t the NT contract with SUM make it so that we have to play x number of games per year in the US? I wouldn’t complain so much if I knew for certain that the money was being invested into the system but I honestly have no clue where it goes.

LGRod repped this.
  13. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

14. Saldgotti1991

Saldgotti1991 Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We should just honestly play against club teams.

Neymadres repped this.
  15. Neymadres

Neymadres Member+

Jan 29, 2013
    So CaL
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Playing Lobos Buap would better lowkey

LGRod repped this.
  16. megadeath

megadeath Member+

Oct 10, 2009
    This is mexico and will probably always be this way for the forseable future, I have accepted this is the way things will be, every now and then we get some joy (Germany game in WC), but then we lay an egg (Sweden Game), so be it. Just accept it fellas, you get much less worked up about it.

Robertinho21, Sanchito and LGRod repped this.
  17. Robertinho21

Robertinho21 Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Tujunga, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Did you miss something?? Well since you said it, apparently you did. We played Argentina indeed we did, and how did that turn out. With that said for every one time here and there we play Argentina or a team respected as much as Argentina we play a hundred more mediocre games with lesser competition. Playing Israel (as an example by the way) makes us go to exotic places that we are not accustomed to my friend because its always the same places like Chicago, Denver, Phoenix, New York, they are all in our backyard. We have to be able to look out and expand to greater horizons instead of being in our own comfort zone as we usually are. You said El Salvador went to Japan well............good for them but your comparing El Salvador to Mexico, and well, if im going to compare someone to someone i will compare Mexico to Mexico only. Bottom line amigo, we need to play less in the U.S. and start playing in places that we never thought we could play but more on a regular basis.

I also now that we can't always play Germany, Holland, France, Portugals of the world..............but we have to explore other selections but in their house and not ours like we usually do. I want my team to get better not stay stagnant but cash in on the money that they generate to stay stagnant..........and there is nothing weird or worst about that.

18. Robertinho21

Robertinho21 Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Tujunga, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Exactly we always have that ridiculous contract that we have to obey to every single year. I dont mind if we play in the U.S. but to take advantage of it and call out youth players to the games against better opposition. I mean why can't we have a sum type of contract that would makes us play a certain number of games but in other places of the world? We dont because it would'nt generate that much money..........and with the FMF it is all about the money first, instead of getting better and improving like always. Sadly there is a good amount here who prefer that better here....................oh and you know who you are. That is why Mexico will always stay stagnant and always be a pretty decent team but that is about it, nothing more.

19. Robertinho21

Robertinho21 Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Tujunga, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Exactly my friend exactly.........and yet there is a few here who dont want to see that here, sorry.

beat junky and LGRod repped this.
  20. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Hopefully we see Charly start a few more games. I love Herrera but he's a slow-ish player who always has you praying to the virgin when he's being pressured hard the way Argentina did it. He's good at drawing the foul but if you get a bad ref matchup who's lenient on contact it's like playing with fire.

Philip J. Fry repped this.
  21. DaTruth

DaTruth Member+

Jul 15, 2007
    IE, Cali
    Probably something like, "y me la metieron cuatro veces."

LGRod and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  22. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He never goes full on for friendlies, he looks slow and uninterested. During official matches he turns it on.