Mexico National Team news

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by ceezmad, Jul 6, 2017.

1. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok, Since I did not see a thread for the Mexican team, I started this one.

I saw this story.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/sports/soccer/iceland-soccer-stars-in-love-find-acceptance.html

gricio61, blissett and SiberianThunderT repped this.
  2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    can't find any highlights but here's was Mexico's lineup in their 0-1 away, loss vs Sweden from a few days ago. Missing were the likes of Romero, Sarazich(still recovering from an ACL? & Johnson(Seattle Reign) There;s still a chance to try & snatch Sofia Huerta. as she's yet to be officially capped by the USWNT. From what I've seen, she's a world class players and especially looked good at mid for her Aussie team last winter
    http://us.women.soccerway.com/matches/2017/07/08/world/friendly-women/sweden/mexico/2466104/

3. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Iceland! So that's where Bianca Sierra ended up. She mysteriously disappeared from Arna Bjørnar after last season. I thought she had a decent season there.

blissett repped this.
  4. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huerta has said more than once that she doesn't want to play for Mexico.

blissett repped this.
  5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    They have to be really dumb to punish the women's NT just because of what happened on the men's side. Hopefully as he said, its not true. Just still figuring out what the punishment is.

7. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
  8. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unbelievable. Well, maybe not unbelievable as angering. Not only is he not verifying that the women's team won't serve the penalty, he also has not stated that the chant was unacceptable.

9. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    As seen in the Women's World Cup 1971, Mexico's former star player Alicia Vargas - she had a street named after her, this year! But it may only have been a temporary change :)

- "WHO IS ALICIA VARGAS AND WHY IS SHE A REVOLUTIONARY IN WOMEN'S FOOTBALL?" / "¿QUIÉN ES ALICIA VARGAS Y POR QUÉ ES UNA REVOLUCIONARA EN EL FUTBOL FEMENIL?" - (Sopitas.com)

[​IMG]

"During the 8M protests, some streets changed their names as part of the '#TomaLasCallesNoCalles' movement and one of them adopted the name of a soccer revolutionary, Alicia Vargas, better known as 'La Pelé'."

Apparently, you or anyone can do this now :D

twitter.com/adrianawall/status/1368749774736855043

10. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Felipe Cárdenas
    @FelipeCar
    1h
    Asked tonight about Mexico's women's national team taking on FIFA's two-game stadium ban rather than @miseleccionmx, Tata Martino says that the "spirit of the federation is not to punish anyone," before adding that FIFA simply did not specify which team will be sanctioned. TBD