Mexico in the Olympics - Official Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Hecho en Mexico, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  2. Coster

Coster Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Hermosa Beach
    10:30am PT on Telemundo.

3. Juana

Juana New Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    i agree-- lavolpe is wasting memo at the olympics! what a piece of ********e he is, i really detest him right now. and corona-- he was an idiot for letting korea make that easy goal; he didn't even try to block it! what a ********in' retard, i really cannot stand him. he has no passion, none, for the game. i cannot respect a player who does not look like he wants to be in the game. he looks ********in' BORED. :mad:

4. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    How you can blame Corona for that goal is beyond me. not his fault. He had some really bad mistakes, but that goal was not his fault. Ochoa is better but LaVolpe likes to keep the same players so they can keep sucking his dick. Borgetti and Osorno are his favorite dick suckers. I hate to say this, but tomorrow is a win win situation for Mexico. Either they go to the next round or we get a new coach. Hate to say it, but its true.

5. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i do want Memo to play but u also gotta understand what Lavolpe is doing. How would u like to get a team to an important tournament and then ur coach replaces u after u did all the work to get there? CHivas fans wouldnt like it if they got to the final and then they took out Sanchez and brought in some other golie after Oswaldo clearly saved them a bunch of times. I definately wouldnt like it if i did all the work and then somebody comes in and replaces me just cause theyre supposedly better.

6. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    Yea i somewhat agree. But i just wanted to vent my anger about Borgetti wherever i see possible. And there really isnt a better goalie than Oswaldo, so it wouldnt be the same.

7. Juana

Juana New Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    i don't entirely blame corona for missing the goal, but he didn't even try to block it; he just watched it sail past his head. uhh, hello? at least try, dumbass. put your hand out and pretend you're working, jeebus. someone needs to light a fire under the boy's ass.

8. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    I agree!

He should speak with Jorge Campos who would dive for the ball and pound his hands on the ground after it hit the net. He seemed to do this alot.

9. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That was great.

3 goals today, 0 the last 2.

3 goal Mali lead.

3 Korean goals in 7 minutes, 1 of them a monster own goal.

Lavolpe's stupid smirk.

The anticipation of the few Lavolpe supporters still in existence's last ditch excuses.

De la Torre commenting that Lavolpe must go(What about you, bud?).

What now?

10. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    A committee of the most distinguished and knowledgeable posters of the Mexico forum should convene immediately to appoint the next coach of the Mexican national team.

11. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't know about distinguished, much less knowledgeable, but I'll vote. :)

Where is the report on Lavolpe trying to swing blindly at whoever he can to diffuse his own criticism?

He began ranting on Lapuente and someone told him to shut up because Manolo is the only one who can talk considering his credentials.

I want to find that. Was it on Televisa?

12. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    did he really say that? do you have a link?

13. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Too little too late. That Mali almost made Lavolpe wet dream come true. I really hate this I wish that everthing could be good, but here we are again trying to replace a NT team coach before we even really get started. What the Hell! What I want is the person who is picking the coachs (Meza,Lavolpe) to get canned.

14. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    Exactly, where is the thread?

15. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Such sensitive decisions can't be argued over the internet. I recommend that members of the committee should convene at an undisclosed location, preferably by chartered jet.

16. Rafa

Rafa New Member

Aug 16, 2004
    I hate MLS and the USMNT. Galaxy suck

USA 0
    Mexico 4

17. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Why'd you change your post?

18. Rafa

Rafa New Member

Aug 16, 2004
    I love Mexico! I wish I was Mexican.

Down with the USMNT and down with the Galaxy.

19. Rafa

Rafa New Member

Aug 16, 2004
    I love Mexico! I wish I was Mexican.

Down with the USMNT and down with the Galaxy.

Why does the USMNT suck so much?

20. Rafa

Rafa New Member

Aug 16, 2004
    I want to have Sigi Schmid's love child.

I am also so dumb that I can't figure out that trolling in the Mexico forum is a no no.

Galaxy suck

USMNT suck

El Tri rules

4-0
    4-0
    4-0

21. Rafa

Rafa New Member

Aug 16, 2004
    I hate myself.

22. changoguapo

changoguapo New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Bakersfield, Cali.
    Is it just me or were the Telemundo commentators talking about somekind of arrangement between Mali and Korea, espcecially after Mali's own goal (the 3rd one). Does it seem strange that after an impressive header for Koreas 3rd goal by Mali defender, nobody moved for the ball for the remaining 20 minutes.

23. Rafa

Rafa New Member

Aug 16, 2004
    I'm a 33 year old virgin. Even my dog won't have sex with me.

24. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I believe it came out of Notimex in which they exaggerated his comments. The one thing he did say was that Lavolpe had made the wrong substitutions during this Olympic tournament and that things would have to be analyzed in depth.

Which is odd seeing as how just a few hours ago De la Torre explained that this "final de un proceso" was in reference to the Olympic effort, not Lavolpe's axing.

What the flip?

Throughout all of this confusion, humiliation and total disdain for the people, All I keep hearing is "Should I Stay or Should I Go."

25. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Screw the notion of an arrangement. We shouldn't even look at that crap.

Lavolpe messed up.

Twice now.

Plain and simple.

It's real easy. Win your first 2 matches and you DON'T HAVE TO depend on other results.

But, I can't help but look at the circumstances of this stupid dependancy. It is a little weird how the 3 goals came in and the lack of effort displayed towards the end. Once again, what does it matter, though? They had the luxury to not worry about the result once they found out 3-3 would suffice for both parties' advancement. I don't blame them.

It's just that when the cookie crumbles, we tend to look around for all the negative details, losing sight of what's important.

The fact that this whole proceso was a crock of sh.