Mexico : A Haitian with plenty of Illusions.

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by bana2166, Jul 23, 2005.

1. bana2166

bana2166 Member

Feb 5, 2000
    Jamaica Hills-NYCity
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Bonpied quiere revolucionar el futbol de su país

Un haitiano lleno de ilusiones
    Por Martín DE LA PAZ.Foto de Agapito ESPINOZA

GUADALAJARA, Jal., 12 de julio.- Delgado, alto, ojos grandes y labios gruesos, de sonrisa fácil y de muchos sueños, así es como se puede definir al joven de 26 años de edad, Peterson Bonpied Jerome, de nacionalidad haitiana y seleccionado por su país.

Hace diez años Peterson salió de su isla con un sueño, sobresalir en el futbol y con ello recomendar a todos los futbolistas de su patria. El primer paso lo dio en Estados Unidos, "donde he vivido por espacio de diez años, de los cuales nueve estuve sin papeles, por lo que no pude jugar de manera profesional, hasta el año en donde entrené con el Metrostars NY/NJ y Miami Fusion, ahora estoy en Guadalajara y mi intención era jugar en el Atlas, en la Primera División A, pero el cupo de extranjeros ya estaba cubierto y no pudo ser".

Bonpied Jerome dice que por fortuna "ya tengo mis papeles y eso me ha permitido jugar algunos partidos con la selección de mi país en las eliminatorias hacia Alemania 2006".

El jugador haitiano añadió que su estadía en México es por dos motivos:

"El primero, jugar al futbol, el segundo, de cambiar la situación de los futbolistas de mi país, pues en estos momentos es mala, en la liga profesional sólo hay 16 equipos y una sola cancha profesional en todo el país, esto a pesar de que el deporte número uno es el futbol. En Haití viven 10 mi-llones de personas y solamente 4 futbolistas juegan fuera del país, también es muy triste que los niños no tienen zapatos de futbol, van a una cancha a entrenar pero como no tienen representantes, tampoco tienen futuro".

Según Peterson Bonpied Jerome, en Haití hay muchos jugadores de talento, tanto como los hay en México o Brasil:

"Por eso espero que un día la situación cambie, yo utilizó mi trabajo para promocionar el futbol de mi país, el futbol es mi vida y de lo que haga o pueda hacer dependen otros haitianos. A diferencia de otros países, nosotros no ganamos bien y, pues no podemos ayudar a nuestros familiares".

En este momento hay cinco jugadores que son referencia de Haití a escala mundial, ellos son Stephan Guillaume que se rehabilita de una lesión en Uruguay, Brunel Fucien juega en España, Pierre Jean Jacques con Peñarol en Uruguay, Peguerro Jean Philip en Estados Unidos y Roudy Lormera en Honduras".

Y el mejor jugador de todos los tiempos es Emmanuel Sanon, centro delantero quien jugó en Bélgica y marcó dos goles en el Mundial de 1974 en Alemania. Sus goles fueron contra Italia, con Dino Zoff como portero y el otro contra Argentina

http://www.esto.com.mx/050713/fut_inter/11fut_inter.asp

Bonpied wants to revolutionize futbol of its country

A Haitian plenty of illusions
    By Martín OF La Paz.Photo of Agapito ESPINOZA

GUADALAJARA, Jal., 12 of July.- Thin, stop, great eyes and heavy lips, of easy smile and many dreams, thus it is as the young person of 26 years of age can be defined, Peterson Bonpied Jerome, of nationality Haitian and selected by its country.

Ten Peterson years ago it left its island with a dream, to excel in futbol and with it to recommend all the soccer players of its mother country. The first step gave it in the United States, "where I have lived by space of ten years, of which nine I was without papers, reason why I could not play of professional way, until the year in where I trained with Metrostars NY/NJ and Miami Fusion, now I am in Guadalajara and my intention was to play in the Atlas, in the First Division To, but it fitted already of foreigners was covered and it could not be ".

Bonpied Jerome says that fortunately "already I have my papers and that has allowed me to play some parties with the selection of my country in the eliminatory ones towards Germany 2006".

The Haitian player added that his estadía in Mexico is by two reasons:

"first, to play futbol, the second, to change the situation of the soccer players of my country, then at the moment she is bad, in the professional league only there is 16 equipment and one single professional field in all the country, this although the sport number one is futbol. In Haiti 10 million people live and only 4 soccer players play outside the country, also it is very sad that the children do not have shoes of futbol, they are going to a field to train but as they do not have representatives, they do not have future either ".

According to Peterson Bonpied Jerome, in Haiti there are many players of talent, as much as there are them in Mexico or Brazil:

"For that reason I hope that a day the situation changes, I it used my I work to promote futbol of my country, futbol is my life and of which it does or it can do depend other Haitians. Unlike other countries, we did not win well and, then we cannot help our relatives ".

At this moment there are five players who are reference from Haiti to world-wide scale, they are Stephan Guillaume that is rehabilitated of an injury in Uruguay, Brunel Fucien plays in Spain, Pierre Jean Jacques with Peñarol in Uruguay, Peguerro Jean Philip in the United States and Roudy Lormera in Honduras ".

And the best player of all the times is Emmanuel Sanon, front center that played in Belgium and marked two goals in the World-wide one of 1974 in Germany. Their goals were against Italy, with Dino Zoff like doorman and the other against Argentina.

2. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Hey Bana: Thanks for sharing! It was cool that you did a translation for those who do not understand Spanish.

I wish this gentleman the best of luck.

3. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti
    thats what you call perseverance.. with a population of 10 million they should be able to field a good team that can rival teams in the confederation.. if Panama can do it with 3 million, Haiti can definetly do it with 10

4. Valdo_8

Valdo_8 New Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Orlando
    Wow, I hope him luck. It's hard for any country to perform well in soccer if there is no infrastructure. Haiti has all sorts of problems. The only way a country can do well in soccer and be in a bad situation is if you are like Brazil. ( A LARGE ASS POPULATION )

5. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Speaking of Haitians abroad, Pierre (Penarol) has been linked with a move to Tiro Federal (Argentina), by Fox Sports Noticias.
    The interest of the team could be helped by the fact that TF is coached Jorge Castelli, who was in charge of Haiti's NT a few years back.

6. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    My Main Man Metro with the scoop... Thanks for the info, Bro!

7. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    You know it, bud! :cool:

8. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I know the above is a little old skool but the message is wonderful and the man behind it might be back in the news real soon. Keep your eyes open on Peterson Jerome he's a good kid and super proud to be Haitian.

9. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Just another update on Peterson and for those who are into their Haitian football.

Peterson is behind Miami Haiti International of the FESL and he'll be getting back onto the pitch for his team. He's only 30 and still has the skills to make a difference and he'll be looking to catch the eye of the Haitian National Team for one more go at representing the nation that he loves so dearly.

Great kid and he's doing some wonderful things with his organization in Miami. There are some links to his organization on www.feslsoccer.com. Jamel Jacques, a fellow former Haiti Nat. also plays in the FESL for Palmeiras. He's a pretty nice and humble guy as well... super refreshing to meet so many Haitians that remain humble and respectful of what they have when considering what life is like at home.

10. Riben

Riben Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Miami
    Man i have played on & against some of peterson team... he is a swell guy humble and also funny... i hope i make the team so i could play next to him to feed him some passes..yea yea

11. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Good luck to ya. Peterson is very cool and super humble, hope you get the chance to ball it up with him on the pitch.