Mexico 98 Kit dissed by ESPN Soccernet.com

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by fdp, Jul 21, 2005.

1. ChivasFan87

ChivasFan87 Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fresno, CA
    Yes exactly! That's what made that jersey so great, u knew who u were up against when u saw that jersey in front of you

2. jmarquez1976

jmarquez1976 New Member

May 5, 2005
    No muerdas!
    Me too.

3. ChivasFan87

ChivasFan87 Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fresno, CA

My god! That amber chick has an ass the size of China. I'll be right back i think i need to change my draws

4. erdons

erdons Member

May 1, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks for that link i just ordered that 98 jersey, i kinda liked the white one better, but ill take the green one cuz its still a thing of beauty.

5. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    What a bunch of little fvcktards at soccernet.

6. #1Keeper

#1Keeper Member+

Feb 7, 2004
    The guy who wrote that article must have been on crack! That was the best Mexico jersey ever!

The same article also has the Italy jersey from the World Cup 2002 as one of the worst; that jersey was one of the best jersey's I have ever seen.

7. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    that shirt is one of my all time favorite that guy must be a dumb mother fvcker. :mad:

8. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
    Come on, that guy has be an MLS fan , look at the all the MLS uniforms during the 96 season but none got in to that pathetic list.

9. rayado#1

rayado#1 New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Ft.Worth
    sorrry that was me j/p :D

10. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    heres another place where they also still have the white jerseys and green www.soccerplus.net I think thats right

11. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Just one last thing when you get into that site you have to go to the light blue colum on the left side of the page and scroll down where it says tournaments then highlight worldcup 98' then when it goes to that page you will see the white Aztec calendar jersey at the very top of the list and the green one is alittle further down.

12. Megatron

Megatron New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    Chicago
    I can think of plenty of other kits that would deserve to be in the top 10 list than this jersey.This was the best jersey that Mexico ever made obviously this guy doesn't know that this one is a fan favorite.He's right about the other campos jersey I couldn't stand some of his outfits.

13. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    No, noone liked them BUT the Mexicans.

yea, he sure showed how much he hates you guys, what with his SEVEN European jerseys also getting the business.

Jesus, get over it. It's an ugly f'ing jersey. Is this one really worth an email blast? Choose your battles.

14. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    speak for yourself queer

15. jmarquez1976

jmarquez1976 New Member

May 5, 2005
    No muerdas!
    The idiot wrote me back after I sent him an e-mail calling him an ignorant red neck. His responsed with something really incorrehent...I deleted the e-mail but it was something like:

old man made me do it

16. JRstriker12

JRstriker12 New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Falls Church, VA
    That was one of my fav jerseys from '98.

I think Mexico should bring that one back. It was unique. There was no doubt Mexico was on the field when you saw the jersey.

17. aguilas

aguilas New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Club América
    I didn't get a response, I wish you would have saved that email.

18. Milk!

Milk! Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I emailed him too...here is my message and then his response

Hello Mr. Raynor,

I must say I disagree with a few of your choices, as it seems you didn’t do much looking…there are plenty of horrible kits around. Valencia’s recent 3rd kit comes to mind…..While I’ll be the first to admit Jorge Campos had some horrible shirt designs, I have to say that Mexico’s 98 kit is one of my favorites, and although I’m biased, many of my friends who aren’t Mexican also like the kit. It is one of the few kits that incorporates a design that is unique to the team wearing it. It represents an important and widely recognized cultural symbol. I believe most football fans desire a kit that is unique and stands out. These days all we get is one or 2 designs from Nike and Adidas, which is then used by many teams with little variation aside from the colors used. I also disagree that Italy’s kits should be called bad just because fans don’t look good in them. If they look good on the pitch then they have served their purpose. It's not the fault of the designers if fans don't look good in them...nice to see that making money on the jersey wasn't the priority.

his response (which is probably the same one everyone else got)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not all the kits are necessarily bad, just different. But 'Ten Different Kits...' doesn't get as many people reading as 'ten of the worst'.

I did try and qualify the selection in the intro: Instead we shall plumb the depths of the last decade to dig up the abominable, embarrassing and boundary-pushing fashion faux pas that stake a claim to a unique place in history.

Below is a final selection, from which you will no doubt differ, that have made their indelible mark on the last decade.

However, I would need more then 10 options to list all the bad kits of the decade.

Cheers,
    Dom

19. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    He should just simply say I'm sorry instead of trying to have to much pride or apologize!

20. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Great message, very well written indeed, it's a shame that he just hit copy and paste to respond to it.

21. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I know the nerve of some people!

22. FGarcia1

FGarcia1 New Member

Jul 25, 2003
    Santa Barbara, CA
    I've met people from ESPN where I used to work; a few executives, one guy from ESPN radio and his assistant, and a bunch of other miscellaneous workers. All of them a bunch of arrogant f@gs; more so than people from companies that actually do things that matter. They can run their tongues between the crevices on my nutsack.

23. Coster

Coster Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Hermosa Beach
    That Mexico jersey is one of the best jerseys ever if not the best. In fact some of those other jerseys on his list weren't that bad. I know of much worse jerseys that have existed. Like these...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    yea, but you know the people at soccernet dont want to piss off their US audience

25. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    yea watching sportscenter reflects how espn as a whole is a bunch of arrogant , ignorant pieces of sh it, in the words of Stuart Scott, boo YAH!!